201 Patriot Pl
Foxboro, MA 02035-1374

Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro

Cuisine: Eclectic, Small plates, Fusion

Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro is a Eclectic, Small plates, and Fusion restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

samso121 photo

samso121

Boston, MA

Excellent

I went for dinner on Saturday night, two of us had one of the best dining expereinces of our life. The service was perfect, the food flawless.(it is tapas style) And the atmosphere is heavenly!
Its great to have a city quality restaurant right here in the burbs! Foret about the other restaurants in the area, this is the place to go.

sniggik photo

sniggik

Franklin, MA

Delicious experience at Tastings

We started our meal by trying the “Flights” – a selection of three wine samples (2 oz. each). My wife tried the “Napoleon Complex” and I tried the “Big Guys” selection. All reds…some we liked more than others, but a good experience nonetheless. Of course we had to add a bottle of Beddell Merlot to quench our thirst. We were not familiar with the “small plate concept”, so our server told us that 2 or 3 selections from the menu would be enough. We ordered 5 total (not including dessert), and it was plenty – which was a relief because I was worried that the “small plate” thing would not provide me enough food. First they served a mushroom and ricotta risotto – wicked good. The mushrooms were unusual, but had a welcome chewy texture (like sundried tomato chewy). Then we ordered mussels with garlic and chourizo, and baguettes to dip in the sauce. Once again – delicious. After that we had a root vegetable hash, which was less like a hash and more of roughly diced root veggies. It was my least favorite, although I have to say that each one of the vegetables in the mix had it’s own unique flavor, which at least made it interesting, even though it was not my favorite. My wife though the veggies were delicious, but was not a fan of the egg served on top of them. (Neither of us are huge fans of a runny yolk). We ordered two beef dishes – a braised short rib cut over polenta with some kind of demi-glace and kobe beef with a wine reduction over roasted fingerling potatoes. The short rib was absolutely the best dish of the night. The kobe was good also, but kind of plain. We finished the meal with creme brulee that came with 2 raspberries and an almond biscotti. It was very small, but that was OK after the large meal. Overall, delectable food, helpful service, and a clean, quiet, uncrowded atmosphere. A great way to celebrate Valentine’s Day a few days after the actual holiday. I would highly recommend this restaurant and am looking forward to trying even more dishes from this restaurant. Very good price, too. We spent exactly $100 with tip not included, and $54 of that was in wine. So $46 for great food plus dessert is OK by me any day!

Beef Short Rib over Polenta

Best dish of the night!

Kobe Beef over fingerling potatoes

Delicious, but could have had more flavor…

Mussels

Just a hint of spicy, possibly from the Spanish sausage (chourizo). Garlicky – love the garlic!

Root vegetable hash

3 stars for interesting flavors, would give it 2 for the amount I liked it.

dkgarber photo

dkgarber

Franklin, MA

AMAZING!!!

A group of 9 of us reserved the private wine room for a party for 8:30pm, but the party before us took FOREVER to get out of there and we didn’t sit till 9pm, which was extremely frustrating. But the General Manager more than made up for it by sending us 3 plates of serrano ham and Manchego (at 16.00 a pop) and 3 bowls of fried chickpeas on the house to makeup for it. That was a nice touch.

I was absolutely blown away by the braised pork shank with butter beans, as well as the free range chicken. I never like chicken in a restaurant. I mean, c’mon—its..well, chicken. But they must have brined it and they roasted it perfectly. My romaine hearts with anchovy, fresh lemon and garlic slivers was lighter than a normal caesar but just as flavorful.

My chocolate tasting for dessert was incredible – as was the espresso martini that went with it. – the best I’ve ever had (its usually a syrupy, sweet mess).

The staff is top knotch—the food really blew us all away. Incredible experience.

Winoman31 photo

Winoman31

Ashland, MA

Blown Away!!

My wife and I took some friends to Tastings last weekend and we were all blown away that a restaurant of this caliber has finally emerged outside of Boston! The small plate concept gave us an opportunity to taste so many different things on the menu, instead of being stuck ordering one entree per person and the food was absolutely out of this world! The flavors that exploded from the dishes were like none we have ever experienced. The service was top notch – the waitstaff was extremely knowledgable about the food and the wine, and they never missed a beat in any point of service. The decor presents the restaurant as upscale, but extremely comfortable and unpretentious. We were very impressed at how well the place was run and can’t wait to bring more friends back to show them!

Wild Boar Meatballs

I had never had wild boar before, but it was cooked to a perfect tenderness and the smoked tomato sauce really completed the dish.

marytracy photo

marytracy

Wrentham, MA

Disappointed with every part of our experience...

This past weekend I stopped in to Tastings for a bite to eat at the Bar with my boyfriend.
The moment we sat down at the bar we both noticed a strong odor of Bleach coming from behind the bar and that the whole set up was aesthetically wrong. (The bar is right on top of the restaurant.
We thought that perhaps the menu and wine would make up for the poorly set up floor plan of the restaurant and bar.
What we experienced was a terrible effort of a wine tasting by a bar tender with no knowledge of wine.
For our food selection we chose the Seafood tasting, cheese tasting and olive selection appetizer. All three items lacked any form of flavor, creativity and size. (We were not able to finish any of it due to a horrible taste it left with us.)
The Foxboro area clearly needs great restaurants and this we truly a disappointment.

Seafood tasting

Horrible, took one bite and pushed it aside…
Not worth it!

Wrentham02093 photo

Wrentham02093

Wrentham, MA

Horrible food at the bar!

We wanted to have something light with a few glasses of wine. The wine was good, we each got one of the 3 glass tasings and followed it up with a full glass of the favorite from the chard tastings. However the apps, we got olives, cheese plate and tasting of the sea were awful. The tasting of the sea was absolutely disgusting and not even edible. The bread with the cheese plate was like cement and very little of it and the cheese dry and not very flavorful. The olives were tiny and nasty.
So for $120 we got two glasses of wine each and a couple trays of garbage. The bar was very crowded and smelled strongly of bleach. The staff, while nice was cleary unqualified to present the wine and offered very little insight.

Don’t waste your time and or money here.

Eclectic Casual Elegant Small plates

Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Tastings Wine Bar and Bistro is located near the cities of Foxborough, South Foxboro, Mansfield, and Mansfield Center.
People found this by searching for: Wine Bar In Foxboro, Tastings Wine Bar And Bistro Foxboro, Tasting Foxboro, Tastings Foxboro Ma, Tapas Near Foxboro Ma, Tastings Wine Bar Foxboro, Tastings Restaurant Foxboro, Tastings Foxboro, and Tastings Foxboro Menu.