303 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd
Austin, TX 78701-1218

TCBY

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Ice Cream, Catering, Cafe

TCBY is a Ice Cream, Catering, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date and paid between $10 and $25.

Happy84 photo

Happy84

Austin, TX

Customer Service Epic Fail

I’ve been visiting this particular TCBY for years. Moved here for UT and now I’m 29 so you do the math. I have always loved TCBY. I went there tonight with my husband (for the second time this week) and received the most horrible customer service experience of our life.

I had a very simple complaint to the manager who was taking our order. I was polite, calm and told him I work in food service too so I wasn’t trying to make a big deal out of anything. I simply wanted to bring my complaint to his attention. He immediately begins to raise his voice at me and act defensive when all he needed to do was listen and make it right for the customer, not himself. He was making the other customers very uncomfortable with his bullying attitude. We were all looking at each other like we were in the twilight zone. I ended up walking out once I realized there was no reasoning with this guy. He had no shame in treating customers with disgust. He is just flat out angry at the world. He continued to yell at me as I walked out the door. I did not engage with him or use a similar behavior. What kind of manager handles a tiny complaint this way? He ruined our date night, and he disrespected people who have been loyal to his business.

I called after we left to let him know he was losing a customer. He interrupted me asap to let me know he has been the manager for 15 yr and has never seen me. WOW! I have seen him countless times!!! More proof that he is helpless when it comes to customer service. He had not one professional word come out of his mouth and hung up on me a little after 60 seconds. My husband went back to “return” our melted ice cream. To help send the message… he threw it across the counter. You don’t talk to a woman like that… especially not in front of her husband.

I order the EXACT same thing every time I go there. All I ask is that it is the same every time so I don’t get a swamp of hot fudge one day and a tsp the next. Not the end of the world of course, but it is shady to run a business with inconsistent product. Not that he cares anything for excellence. I would never get upset about anything petty like frozen yogurt. I was simply upset at the way I was being treated. If it wasn’t for that I would not be writing this review. I really think he needs to be removed from his position. He ruined TCBY for me forever. Unbelievable. Why would a company have someone represent them in this manner?

All a manager has to do with a customer complaint is 1) listen 2) make friendly eye contact 3) sympathize 4) apologize 5) and make it right. Pretty simple job right? I did not receive any such treatment from this manager.

White Chocolate Mousse Yogurt

How hard is it to make a cup of frozen yogurt with hot fudge? The toppings really stress the manager out. Just get the soft serve and run, or better yet just avoid going all together. So many other options close by these days, why put up with that?

Ice Cream Outdoor seating Good For Kids

TCBY  Restaurant Reviews

TCBY is located near the cities of Rollingwood.
People found this by searching for: What Time Does Tcby Open And Close 78701, What Time Does Tcby Close Austin Tx, Tcby Austin Hours, 303 W Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Whay Speciald Does Tcby Has Today Austin, Tx, Restaurants Near Mlk, 78701, and Tcby Martin Luther King Reviews.