133 Luckie St Nw
Atlanta, GA 30303-2038

Ted's Montana Grill

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Steakhouse, American, Grill

Ted's Montana Grill is a Steakhouse, American, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Pros
"Every thing was just on point."
  • 5/25/2020

A Steakhouse chowhound from Itta Bena, MS tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Every thing was just on point.
  • 8/23/2014

A Steakhouse food lover from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

rednecktek photo

rednecktek

Ocala, FL

Something different, something wonderful

Every once in a while, I come across something different. We were in Atlanta for the day, enjoying Olympic Park and gaping at the height of the skyscrapers (we don’t have those where I come from) when we all decided our stomachs were rumbling. After a quick suggestion from the park visitors’ center, we were on our way to what would be a delightfully delicious experience.

Ted’s Montana Grill is an eco-friendly, always fresh, never frozen, honest-to-goodness, made-from-scratch restaurant. They claim a 99% plastic free establishment. Even the clear cup that held my daughter’s lemonade was made from corn. It is now my second favorite (next to Ruth’s Chris).

The atmosphere is similar to what you would find in a high-end steakhouse, yet more comfortable and approachable. If you just can’t wait, they serve a small appetizer of homemade pickles, which my my children devoured in short order. We also ordered the hand-dipped onion rings – which were fantastic – served with a slightly spicy ranch sauce. Highly recommended.

The portions are not going to be what you might expect to find in your average trendy Friday-Apple-Chili place. I count this as a good thing. We were more than satisfied, barely able to shove the last forkfuls in our mouths as we loosened our belts.

Fabulous flavor - BBQ Bison Short Ribs at Ted's Montana Grill

BBQ Bison Short Ribs

Fantastically tender and full of flavor, bison has a slightly “larger” texture than beef. The sauce is understated – to not compete with, but to add to the these ribs. Don’t dismiss the sides to this dish. The Mashed Potatoes are light with just a hint a garlic. The green beans are farm fresh and a perfect complement to this dish.

Beyond Tender - Roast Beef (Bison meat of course) at Ted's Montana Grill

Roast Beef (Bison meat of course)

Slow cooked goodness with a rich gravy – this is what you wish your mother made.

COB Bison Burger

I didn’t get to taste this one, because my son wolfed it down to quickly. He did say he couldn’t tell much difference [from a regular sit-down restaurant burger], but I think that’s because he had so much stuff piled on it. I highly urge you to get as few toppings as you can stand to.

Little patties from heaven - Bar None Sliders at Ted's Montana Grill

Bar None Sliders

These juicy delightful little burgers with cheese where just what my daughter wanted. She traded one of hers to get a short rib, but I would have been just as happy with these.

JAT photo

JAT

Macon, GA

Where the Bison Roam... Not the Buffalo

Give me a home where the buffalo roam. Yeah, but what about the bison?

It’s well known that Ted Turner owns approximately half of Montana and uses it vast expanses as a tax write-off and as a place to breed, raise, and preserve bison, the close cousin of the American buffalo who as we know gets all the good press – there’s the song, the buffalo nickel, Buffalo Bill, Buffalo Springfield, and Buffalo wings to name just a few. They’re even depicted on the football helmets of the NFL team in the city in New York that’s named after the beast! I reckon wordsmiths the world over thought the buffalo was a more syllabically attractive choice over the bison, and that’s why bison always got the short end of the stick. Well, ole’ Ted figured it was high time that bison got it’s turn in the spotlight, and what better way to do that than by eating them!

I had gone to Ted’s Montana Grill a couple of years ago when I was in Atlanta for a concert at The Tabernacle and really enjoyed it. Lo and behold, I was there again on this cold January night for the same reason and decided to stop in for another visit.

Having remembered all the excellent steaks and burgers on the menu, I looked forward to returning to Ted’s. Only one small problem… I wasn’t all that hungry. Not letting that stop me, I grabbed a seat at the bar, and after perusing the menu, I settled on a bowl of bison chili and an order of salt & pepper onion rings.

My drink order was taken and I was presented with a small bowl of house-made pickles that were thick-sliced, crunchy and delicious. My chili arrived a few minutes later, followed by the thick-cut onion rings. The rings were good, although every onion ring I try suffers from comparison to the best ones I’ve ever had which were at The Tavern at Phipps, but that’s another story.

The chili was a classic bowl of red, served with oyster crackers and topped with chopped red onion, shreds of cheddar, and a few sliced jalapenos. Chock full of meaty bisony goodness and not overloaded with beans, (a pet peeve) the chili was well seasoned, just right on the spicy, and was delicious. A bowl was more than enough to satisfy my limited appetite that night, and truth be known, I probably should’ve just ordered a cup as even that portion would’ve gone a long way. If you order the bowl, either be very hungry or have someone there with whom to share it.

Next time I go to Ted’s, I’ll be sure to bring my full-on food jones with me as there are a lot of entree choices worth trying. One that caught my eye was the Canyon Creek Burger. Served on either beef or bison, it has cheddar cheese, smoky bacon, fresh jalapeños, blackberry jam and a fried egg “over-easy”. I will have it next time for sure.

Distinctive American food with an approach to sustainability you can feel good about, Ted’s Montana Grill is worth checking out.

A bowl of meaty bisony goodness! - Karen’s “Flying D” Bison Chili at Ted's Montana Grill

Karen’s “Flying D” Bison Chili

A hearty bowl of red, this bison chili satisfies. Loaded with delicious bison and not overloaded with beans, I enjoyed every bite. The chili has a good tomato base and the seasoning is just right. Served with chopped red onions, shredded cheddar and sliced jalapenos, this chili will keep you warm on a cold winter’s night.

Steakhouse Bison Downtown

Pizza in Buckhead

New Dragon

Chinese in Oakdale

Ted's Montana Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Ted's Montana Grill is located near the cities of Airport Mail Center, Atl, Bankhead, Midtown Atlanta, and Lastrup.
People found this by searching for: Ted's Montana Grill, Ted's Montana Steakhouse, Teds Bison Short Ribs, Ted's Montana Grill Menu, Ted Montana Grill Stomach Trouble, Ted's Montana Grill Full Menu Atlanta, and Bbq Short Ribs Photos.