16 Cedar St
Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522

Tenbo

Cuisine: Japanese, Californian, American

Tenbo is a Japanese, Californian, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal.

• 3/23/2014

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 6/29/2013

A Japanese food lover from Hastings On Hudson, NY tried it.

• 5/03/2013

A Japanese chowhound from US tried it.

Ivy951 photo

Ivy951

Irvington, NY

Don't waste your time!

We had dined at Tenbo many, many times and each time it was a little bit worse. At first the dinners were very good and even the sushi was very nice. As time went on, over the course of one year, the food became less enticing and the staff became less hospitable. This past Friday night, we decided for the first time to take away from Tenbo. They got our order completely wrong! We ordered the crispy walnut chicken (which I get every time I go there…EVERY Time) and they gave me shrimp. We didn’t notice this until we got home, so I called to tell them I was coming in to bring it back (I am allergic to shellfish) and could they please make the new order now so it would be ready when I got there. The girl on the phone first off was unable to tell me if they could prepare it now, and after several “umms, okays and I guesses” I was told they could. (shouldn’t it be like a regular order). By the time I got to Tenbo (10 minutes later) the food was not prepared. I was told by the girl that after discussing this with the manager, they could replace the shrimp because after alll they understand people have allergies, but they could not replace the other chicken that they put in the order (which I have no idea what it was, nor did we order it). I explained that I was trying to give them back food that we did not order and I only wanted what I did order. She then insisted that we ordered the shrimp and that she could not have made that mistake. I said I would never in a trillion years order shrimp as I was allergic to it, she then asked why we would order sushi if I was allergic to shellfish. Really! By the way the sushi was for someone else. Not that it should matter. She finally just walked away muttering and came back with a tepid, at best container of walnut chicken that I have to say was sub-par and I probably could have made better myself.
I will never return to Tenbo. I can understand a mistake. I can understand confusion. I can even understan incompetence. I cannot understand nor can I abide rudeness by restaurant staff. Especially for food that tastes like garbage to begin with.

Japanese Horrible Food Takeout

Tenbo   Restaurant Reviews

Tenbo is located near the cities of Hastings On Hudson, Ardsley, Irvington, Hastings On Hudson, and Palisades.
People found this by searching for: Tenbo + Dobbs Ferry, Tenbo Dobbs, Tenbo Menu, Tenbo, Tenbo Dobbs Ferry, Tenbo Restaurant Dobbs Ferry, and Tenbo Dobbs Ferry Menu.