12097 Fm 830 Rd
Willis, TX 77318

Texans BBQ & Catering

Cuisine: BBQ, Barbecue, Wings

Texans BBQ & Catering is a BBQ, Barbecue, and Wings restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid less than $10.

• 6/02/2017

A dining patron from US tried it.

• 3/12/2015

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/07/2014

A BBQ food lover from Dallas, TX tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

citygirl photo

citygirl

Conroe, TX

The Best BBQ in Montgomery County

I’ve had the extreme pleasure of eating at Texans several times over the past 2 years and go out of my way from Conroe passing several other BBQ establishments to get it. I’ve also used them to cater a team party at my job in The Woodlands, which garnered rave reviews. Every time I go there the owner and his wife are more than friendly to my family and everyone who comes in. They have given my children free samples and free peach cobbler on different occasions and threw in “extra’s” with my catered food for work as well. As for the food, I couldn’t pick a favorite! The ribs are excellent as is the brisket. Always tender and cooked just right. My husbands favorite is the spicy chicken. It’s stuffed with jalepenos and wrapped in bacon. The baked potato casserole is heavenly and if you ask them they will prepare it like a bbq stuffed baked potato, topping it with the chopped beef and bbq sauce-my little girls favorite!
One thing that gets overlooked sometimes when we think of great barbequed meat is the sauce. I’ve had great BBQ’d meat with ho- hum sauce at several other restaurants in the area; what really sets Texans apart to me is the awesome sauce. I love it so much that when we grill at home we buy our sauce from Texans too. Family and friends always ooh and ahh over it and I’m quick to tell them where it came from. I am guilty of making several other Texan’s BBQ addicts with my personal recommendations. Speaking of which, I have one more for the road, the peach cobbler is pretty darn good too!

Brisket- 5 lbs

Very tender, flavorful, and great on a bun or alone!

Baked Potato Casserole -pan

Rich, creamy, and really good with the chopped beef on top!

BBQ Sauce

Absolutely love the sauce! If you like a more sweet (molasses or brown sugar) type vs. western (chili or smoked) flavored sauce, this is it!

busygirl photo

busygirl

The Woodlands, TX

Excellent brisket for party!

I had tried their BBQ at function and it was amazing so I got their business card . We were having lots of hungry, teenage boys coming over so I ordered 5 lbs of very tender brisket and a pan of their baked potoato casserole- which is “must” if you go there. It was so good.

The place isn’t fancy and they did not have a restroom which is odd but the food is worth the trip. They have a drive-up window which must be a big part of their business. I like that the owner is serving the food and that we are supporting local business owners and not corporate restaurants and their shareholders.

great sauce, very tender

Baked Potato Casserole -pan

I don’t like regular potoato salad but this is especially yummy and addictive . It can be served hot or cold and it tastes like there is alfredo sauce in it.

techrecruit photo

techrecruit

Conroe, TX

Won't be going back

The chopped beef sandwich was very good but the ribs were nearly burned and very skimpy. Fries are prob the best thing that comes out of there.

Biggest complaint which will keep me from going back and will also keep me telling my friends not to go there is that the owner was going to charge us another fifty cents for a cup of ice.
The strawl the broke the camels back is this. It was our first time vising this bbq shack and we didn’t know that you put up your own trays or if they come get it from the table or not.

Shame on us because we left and the owner actually ran into the parking lot and sarcastically said “no worries I’ll pick up your trays”. Pretty classy guy – he could have just let us know next time we visited instead of behaving that way. Also if he would have let the .50 cup of ice slide we would have went back. Horrid service / terrible attitudes.

Chopped Beef Sandwich

BayGirl photo

BayGirl

La Porte, TX

Wedding Catering

Texans BBQ recently catered my daughter’s wedding for 200 guests held at the Raven Lodge in Huntsville State Park. They did a fantastic job! The food was great, the price very reasonable, and the service excellent. The owner, Danny, was very easy to work with. They arrived on time, set up in the designated area, served the guests, and left everything clean and tidy. We had brisket, sausage, baked potato casserole, beans, tea, bread, rolls, pickles, and onions. I would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding near Willis.

jlajr photo

jlajr

Houston, TX

Texans BBQ Catering

Texans BBQ catered my wedding/reception on Lake Conroe, mid-May 2012, for 50 people. The food was great! We have lots of BBQ lovers in the family and they all raved about the brisket. We had brisket, sausage, chicken (regular and spicy – great!), pinto beans and their fabulous baked potato casserole (to die for). Sauce was just right and all the trimmings – and for a very, very reasonable price. Showed up right when they said they would, waited for the wedding ceremony to be over, then set up the food on the designated food table and was gone.
The owner, Danny W., was a pleasure to work with, easy going, and very accommodating. I highly recommend Texans BBQ, both for dine-in eating at their place on FM830 near Cude Cemetery Road, and especially for any catering event, large or small, in the Willis – Lake Conroe area.

Baked Potato Casserole -pan

This was fantastic – everyone really liked it.

Brisket- 5 lbs

We have a lot of BBQ lovers in the family. Many commented favorably on the brisket – some said it was the best they’d ever had and asked who prepared it.

Spicy Chicken

We had regular and spicy chicken. The spicy chicken had a good kick to it and lots of flavor; not at all dry.

Picky BBQ Eater

We found Texans BBQ about a year and a half ago. I wasn’t looking for a new BBQ place because I am picky about my BBQ…always have been and was satisfied with the one I had found years ago. On the recommendation of a friend I decided to give them a try and I was pleasantly surprised and haven’t gone anywhere else.

Any choice of meat is deliciously tender and flavored just right. Whether you choose the chopped beef sandwich meal, the ribs, brisket, sausage, or chicken there isn’t any item on the menu that will disappoint.

The BBQ sauce has a perfect balance of flavor that compliments all meat items they serve.

Sides and desserts??? Just icing on the cake!

Family owned and operated, you will not feel like a stranger walking in the door.

(P. S. They cater too and cater our annual company parties)

Baked Potato Casserole -pan

This is a wonderful twist to the standard potato salad.

BBQ Sauce

I haven’t found one anywhere around that can compete with the flavor of their sauce. sweet/tangy, but not too much of either.

Tender tender tender

Chopped Beef Sandwich

Contrary to the first review you will read on this site, I haven’t had an issue with their sandwich. I have tried EVERYTHING on the menu.

Their hospitality is part of what makes you want to come back every day.

BBQ Barbecue Lake Conroe area

Texans BBQ & Catering  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Texan Bbq + Willis, Texans Bbq Willis, Taxenbarbeque, Texan Bbq Willis, Texans Bbq Willis Tx, Texan Barbeque Willis, Bbq Willis, and Texans Bbq.