11323 183rd St
Cerritos, CA 90703-5434

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant

Neighborhoods: ABC
Cuisine: Thai, Barbecue, Catering

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant is a Thai, Barbecue, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"The thai bbq is sooooo good."
"Great lunch specials and the Thai BBQ sauce! "
Comments
"Come early to avoid the lines"
  • 9/05/2017

A Thai chowhound from Sacramento, CA tried it.

• 8/23/2017

A diner from Cerritos, CA tried it.

• 4/25/2017

A dining patron from Pomona, CA tried it.

• 1/18/2017

A Thai food lover from Hawthorne, CA tried it.

• 4/17/2016

A diner from Bellflower, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    The thai bbq is sooooo good.
    Comments
    Come early to avoid the lines
  • 1/11/2016

A Thai chowhound from Victorville, CA tried it.

• 9/15/2015

A Thai food lover from AZ tried it.

• 6/17/2015

A Thai food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 5/19/2015

A dining patron from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it.

• 5/07/2015

A Thai chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

mgpinkish photo

mgpinkish

Cerritos, CA

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant is located across from Cerritos’ Los Cerritos mall. It is usually packed with people. Anyone interested in grabbing a bite at this restaurant should come early, reserve a seat or call in ahead of time.

From the outside, the restaurant appears to be small. However, it is pretty spacious on the inside and is not cramped at all.

A fish tank greets you when you walk in. Waitors/waitresses get to you as soon as they can. (During busy hours, you need to sign in your name and wait to be seated.) The restaurant is clean and simply decorated. There are some interesting art posters framed onto the walls of the restaurant.

The restaurant is known for its BBQ chicken. (Thus, the name of the restaurant.) When my friends have a craving for good BBQ chicken, they automatically think of Thai Original BBQ restaurant. Other friends of mine also associate the restaurant with good Pad Thai or “classic Thai rice noodle dish with shrimp, bean sprouts, and egg, all scrambled in a flavorful sauce”. (I’ve had the Pad Thai here in the past and will say that it was on the sweet side, but still nonetheless, pretty good. As for the BBQ chicken, my mom says it’s delicious.)

There are many items to choose from at this restaurant. Pricing on food items range from $5.75 (lunch special items) to $14.25 (pla tod lard prik/peppery fish).

I recently ate at Thai Original BBQ Restaurant and I must say that I was satisfied with my food and dining experience.

I would like to also mention that the male waitor was good looking. ;) (He fell under the category of tall, dark and cute.)

UPDATE (7/26/2009)
I recently went to this restaurant. I must say that I was disappointed simply because their customer service has gone downhill from the last time I wrote this review. Also, the mee krob was a little bit on the burnt side this time around. I’m thinking of revisiting them soon. Let’s hope that they won’t disappoint me again.

UPDATE (6/11/2010)
Prior to this update, I gave Thai Original BBQ Restaurant a rating of four stars. However, I have visited the restaurant a number of times since July 2009 and have been disappointed by them an additional two times.

1. I encountered some type of wire in my order of mee krob. The thought of me or anyone else swallowing such a wire was quite scary. I have come to the assumption that this particular wire is probably a wire that had come off of some type of pan/pot scraper. I was thankful to have seen the wire before consuming the mee krob. However, it made me question how careful/clean their employees are.
  2. Because Thai food at Thai Original BBQ Restaurant is delicious, I wanted to give them another try despite not wanting to order anything from the restaurant again after the wire experience. Nevertheless, I was hungry and decided to order take out (drunken noodles). I was given a very poor amount of food in my take out box. Although the food was good, I was disappointed since I knew I deserved more food than the amount that was put into my take out box.
Mee Krob at Thai Original BBQ Restaurant

Mee Krob

According to their menu, mee krob is an appetizer of “crispy small rice noodles with shrimp, sauteed in a tangy sauce, served with bean sprouts”.

I’ve had mee krob at other restaurants before and I must say that the mee krob at Thai Original BBQ Restaurant was the best one I’ve had. It had the right amount of sweetness, meaning it was sweet, but not too sweet. The noodles were crispy, but not hard on one’s teeth. (It’s a good dish for people who desire a crispy meal but unfortunately have sensitive teeth.)

The shrimp was well cooked and well flavored. Everything about this appetizer was perfect.

If you are looking for something sweet to start your day/night, you can’t go wrong with the mee krob here.

UPDATE (6/11/2010)
I once gave this dish a rating of five stars, however I can no longer give it a rating of five stars, since I found a wire in my order of mee krob before. Having such a thing in a dish is a no no. Fortunately, I saw the wire. Because I saw the wire beforehand and did not end up consuming the wire, I did not report it to the restaurant. Nevertheless, it is still a major disappointment.

Pot of Jasmine Tea

The pot of jasmine tea went well with my mee krob. I liked how the tea wasn’t strong. It contained the right amount of flavor. In case you’re wondering, the pot did not come with a tea bag. I have no idea whether the tea contained caffeine or not. (That’s something that you’ll have to find out if you choose to drink this tea here.) The tea was hot throughout my entire meal! Near the end of my meal, the waitor asked if I wanted a tea refill. :)

Drunken Noodles

This dish has always been delicious. I’ve had drunken noodles at other restaurants and must say that as of date, no restaurant makes their drunken noodles as good as Thai Original BBQ Restaurant. You’ll like this dish if you have a thing for spicy food and noodles. It’s delicious. I want to give this dish five stars, however I had an experience where I received a very poor proportion of drunken noodles in a take out order. Because of that, I will give it a rating of three stars instead.

gpj photo

gpj

Horrific

Service was terrible. Food was cold. No refills on thai iced tea. Took 10 minutes to be attended to and once food arrived, nobody ever checked up to see if everything was ok. Should I say more ?? Drive a few miles to Downey – Sizzling Thai Kitchen. Waste of $35 an even my gf noticed the service. Thats how you know it was that bad b/c she is never vocal about service when dining out.

Drunken Noodles (Spicy Noodles)

Drunken noodles weren’t even spicy and food arrived partially cold

L 1. B.B.Q Chicken with Fried Rice

fried rice had no flavor

Thai Barbecue Catering
Fri-Sat 11:00AM - 10:00PM
Sun,Thu 11:00AM - 09:30PM

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Thai Original BBQ Restaurant is located near the cities of Artesia, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, Bellflower, and Cypress.
People found this by searching for: Thai Bbq Cerritos Ca Menu, Thai Original Bbq Cerritos Menu, Original Thai Bbq Cerritos, Thai Original Bbq Cerritos, Thai Bbq Cerritos Menu, Thai Bbq Menu In Cerritos, and Original Thai Bbq Cerritos Menu.