47 Randall St
Annapolis, MD 21401

The Big Cheese & Sammy's Deli

Cuisine: Sandwiches, Cafe, Deli

The Big Cheese & Sammy's Deli is a Sandwiches, Cafe, and Deli restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

Pros
"Wonderful meat and bread!"
Cons
"No tables"
  • 8/07/2017

A dining patron from Damascus, MD tried it.

• 3/09/2015

A Pizza chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Wonderful meat and bread!
    Cons
    No tables
  • 7/31/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 1/28/2014

A Sandwiches food lover from Ashburn, VA tried it.

soren172 photo

soren172

Lorton, VA

RUDEST WOMAN EVER!!

My husband and I went to Annapolis for a nice weekend away from DC and stopped into this store for a sandwich. The woman who apparently owns the store and runs the register was the RUDEST PERSON I HAVE EVER MET. My husband placed his order, and when I ordered mine she suggested we upgrade our $8 sandwiches to be served on a “French baguette” for an extra $2. I looked at the description of my sandwich and pointed out that it said it came on a baguette. With a virtual sneer she said that was “an American baguette.” I said the American baguette would be fine, and she continued writing down our order physically shaking her head with obvious disgust. When the guy behind us ordered a sandwich on the French baguette, she looked pointedly at me and told him that “he had excellent taste.” I personally do not understand why someone so rude would even dream of being in a customer service position. We will NEVER go back there, and tell everyone we know to avoid it…which is too bad because the sandwiches were quite good.

MomofG_J photo

MomofG_J

Baltimore, MD

The Big Cheese and Sammy's Deli Annapolis

This was our first and last trip to this deli. I noticed right off the bat how slow the service was. After finally ordering, my daughter accidently dropped a bottle of tea on the ground which shattered. The old woman behind the counter freaked out and said, “That’s why we don’t allow kids to hold glass bottles.” Ok, wher was the sign that said that? 1) That felt like a dig at me (the mom) who happened to be holding my infant. Did I mention my daughter is nine and was only trying to help me while I held her crying brother? 2) My daughter immediately felt bad and bagan to cry. The lady kept saying how she couldn’t believe it and that it was a bad time of the day for this to happen. It was 11:00 and there were two people in line. As she continued to go on about this tragedy, I told her to just give my daughter the mop and she would clean it up. The lady said it was “too big of a job” and continued mumbling under her breath. She was content complaining about it. I even offered to pay for the broken bottle. After the sandwich was finally ready (it took forever), she continued to shake her head and mumbled in our direction and I reminded her to charge us for the other bottle. Her reply was, “oh, I will!” Then another shop worker walked in and says, “What the hell happened here?” How completely unprofessional! Then she rolled her eyes at my daughter who at this point was crying. One of the customers was nice enough to come to her and say that accidents happen and that the owners were stressed out apparently over the two sandwich’s they were making. After finally paying, $18.92 for one sandwich, one small bag of chips, and two drinks (1 broken., we left. We finally got to eat our sandwich and it was nothing special. Matter of fact, it was just gross and found its way to the trash. We will never go back to this place an erge anyone else thinking of making the trip…not to.

tokion photo

tokion

Wow, she was nice to us

I love the place so much, they had great cheese selection. I was surprised to know the owner’s behavior from the other postings.
She was super nice to my family actually. She is nice especially to my daughter, we are having such a great conversation all the time.
Always prepare something small to my child for free (and of course she always ask us first if she could give them to her) Strange…..

Tuna melt

My favorite tune melt in the world!!!

_Tim_ photo

_Tim_

Annapolis, CA

Best cheese in town but run by mean lady

I worked right around the corner for years and treated myself regularly to brie and soprasetta on the good bread. Pricey but … you ahve to pay for gourmet ingredients. They have a selection of gourmet cheese, meat, wine, and sauces here perfect for a picnic, plus the sandwich counter. Just don’t pay too much attention to the mean lady, everybody hates her. What gets me is how rude she is to her own staff, mostly kids probably working for peanuts. But the sandwiches are second to none.

skinnyturkey photo

skinnyturkey

Pasadena, MD

Rude people Great Sandwiches

I have also had the same experience with the rude lady at the cash register. When I ordered the number 11, she snottily replied “which number 11?” Because some genius named several of the sandwiches number 11. All this being said, I go back because I love the skinny turkey. 12 grain bread, a mountain of thinly sliced turkey, fresh spinach, cucumber slices, sprouts and spicy honey mustard sauce.

Staceylizz photo

Staceylizz

Delicious NY Deli in Annapolis

I am surprised by the bad service reviews at this great deli! I have never been disappointed by the staff, or the quality or quantity of the sandwiches! (My personal favorite is the Caprise Sandwich! Delish!) With vast selection of Sandwiches and toppings, this place can satisfy any sandwich lover! Although the little place can be packed on the weekends, they are definitely worth the wait – and during the wait enjoy the cheese and cracker samples, and meandering around their surprisingly nice selection of gourmet crackers, sauces, cheeses, etc. Their delicious french breads come from Bonapartes (A WONDERFUL patisserie at Savage Mill in Ellicott City!) Although saddened to hear that not all others have shared in my positive experiences here, I love it and will keep going back for more – and I highly suggest that you do as well!

dvesoa photo

dvesoa

Annapolis, MD

rudest service i have ever had in my life

i went to the big cheese today and ordered a shrimp salad sandwhich. when i was deciding what bread to choose the lady behind the counter was the rudest, nastiest, pushiest person i have ever dealt with…..i am not one to write a bad review of any thing or place anytime…..but this lady was incrediblly awful. It was then time to pay and my bill was 10.75 for a shrimp salad sandwhich and a drink….when i opened up the sandwhich there was barely any shrimp salad mix and i felt taken advantage of.

also before i paid she was being nasty to 3 13 year old boys for something that im sure was a minor problem but she had to be mean to them….poor young kids looked very embarassed

DO NOT GO TO THE BIG CHEESE…IT HAS AWFUL SERVICE!!!!!!! AWFUL PRICES!!!!! AND THE FOOD IS NOT GOOD

TJLAMM photo

TJLAMM

Annapolis, MD

Same rude woman as before..........

I agree with the above review. The owner was the same when they were located in the now defunct market place. By the way thanks Mayor Ellen Moyer for ruinning a perfectly go local spot.

Sandwiches Takeout Parking

The Big Cheese & Sammy's Deli  Restaurant Reviews

The Big Cheese & Sammy's Deli is located near the cities of Naval Academy, Eastport, Parole, Bay Ridge, and St Margarets.
People found this by searching for: The Big Cheese Annapolis, Big Cheese Annapolis Md, Big Cheese Annapolis, Sammys Deli Annapolis, Sammy's Deli Annapolis Md, The Big Cheese Annapolis Md, and Sammy's Deli Annapolis.