4665 Chino Hills Pkwy
Chino Hills, CA 91709

The Boiler

Cuisine: Cajun, Southern, American

The Boiler is a Cajun, Southern, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"We always get the best and fastest service and the food is just incredible!!!"
"Fresh "
"The food been great since the owner was in Las Vegas. Then I went to the new location and there's nothing different"
"My favorite spot! Watch out Oyster Bar (palace station LV) The Boiler is awesome!"
Cons
"No beef"
Comments
"Grilled Salmon salad excellent "
  • 6/19/2016

A Cajun chowhound from Chino, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    We always get the best and fastest service and the food is just incredible!!!
  • 5/07/2016

A Cajun chowhound from Corona, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Fresh
    Cons
    No beef
    Comments
    Grilled Salmon salad excellent
  • 2/16/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 9/27/2014

• 7/30/2014

• 1/02/2014

A diner from Fontana, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Forestcats photo

Forestcats

Montclair, CA

Cajun Creole Steamed cooked

The unique method of cooking the meal is the reason to sit at the bar. There is a steam boiler in the back that sends the heat through pipes to 10 cooking bowls at the bar where the food is prepared in front of the customers. We have been there 4 times in five weeks. The menu is Cajun Creole and you tell them the level of spice that you want on a scale of 1-10. Spice also means flavors not necessarily heat to turn your eyes red.

A basket of fresh crackers and bread accompany your soups

The fresh oyster plate is lovely and I’m looking forward to them adding Oysters Rockefeller. The clam chowder was delicious without being thick. We invited a friend from France to join us and he raved about the Bouillabaisse being perfection he hadn’t had since a child.

The wait staff weren’t obtrusive but kept the drinks filled and were attentive if you turned to look for them. The attitude is one of enjoying the luxury of a casual environment where you are here for an amazing tasting meal of superior ingredients that are based on the best authentic recipes. There is a large screen TV set up in front of what will become a full service bar so I imagine that atmosphere will continue to lean casual but with class.

If you are looking for massive portions of commercial grade then this is not your style of restaurant. The food and sauces are created by chefs not out of a plastic reheat bag.

The chefs are very pleasant to talk with as they are working right in front of you.

Pan Roast Lobster

The amazing tomato butter sauce is balanced and bold. About 3/4 cup of chopped lobster is served in one cup of a pan roast sauce with a 1/2 cup of rice. The lobster was cooked until the softness of the meat was still evident and the flavor stood up to the sauce. This is served in a deep elegant soup bowl. The portions are correct and not excessive.

Cajun Calamari

This appetizer was deep fried in a light batter where the calamari still had the soft fresh texture instead of being overcooked so often found. I’m fussy about the texture and this was on the spot perfect. Served with a fresh made seafood sauce with horseradish topping.

Jambalaya

This is a soul food mix of ingredients seafood and andouille sausage cooked with a base of rice. I had it seasoned to a level of 8 and was very pleased. This to me is fantastic comfort food.

New England Clam Chowder

The cream based soup with potatoes and clams was lighter and full of flavor.

TravelandEat photo

TravelandEat

Chino Hills, CA

AWESOME!!!

I live in Chino Hills and frequent the Lowes in the new plaza and drove by this place all the time. I always blew it off, seemed like a typical strip mall place. Then it got my curiosity up one day and I went in to look around and picked up a menu. I went back and had the most incredible dish, the Pan Roast Lobster. Off of the charts. I had it over linguini instead of rice. I literally woke up thinking about it. Once I find a food I like I always order the same thing. When I went back…the next day, I got the same thing and my wife got the Cioppino which then presented a dilemma after I tried some of hers, now I can’t decided which I like better. Appetizers are awesome, salads are awesome, there isn’t anything there that isn’t. If this place had a better location and more exposure you would never get in. I’ve traveled the US and Western Europe, ate at great restaurants all over. Been to the Montgomery Inn in Cincinnati which is always one of my favorites, eaten in New Orleans and countless places in 43 different states. This place is my favorite and it is only 3 miles away. Thank you guys for opening your restaurant so close to me.

Pan Roast Lobster

Incredible, I like it over linguini instead of rice. Everything here is awesome.

Cajun Takeout Good For Kids
TheBoiler photo
TheBoiler, the Owner, says:

The Boiler brings the first complete “Steam Kettle Cooking” concept to Southern California. Serving variety of “Southern Favorites”, with Cajun dishes such as Gumbo, Jambalaya & Creole dishes like Pan Roast, Bouillabaisse, as well as, other great dishes like Cioppino, and Shrimp Diablo! We cook our signature entrees, with unique jacketed steam kettles individually, right in front of the guests, at a bar style counter seating

From CityGrid:

The Boiler  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: The Boiler Chino Hills Menu, The Broiler Chino Hills, The Boiler Restaurant Chino Hills, Boiler Logo, The Boiler Menu Chino Hills, The Boiler House Prices Chino Hills, The Boiler Chino Hills, Boiler Chino Hills Menu, and The Boiler In Chino Hills.