1872 E Apache Blvd.
Tempe, AZ 85281

The Dhaba

Cuisine: Indian, Gluten Free, Seafood

The Dhaba is a Indian, Gluten Free, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 5/30/2018

Gastroeclectico tried it.

GastroEclectico photo

GastroEclectico

Phoenix, AZ

This Punjabi is a Must Have!

By far best Indian (Punjab) cuisine my wife and I have encountered in the Valley of the Sun! Taking advantage of Restaurant Week, we were able to thoroughly enjoy a both esthetic and flavorful, if not flamboyant trip to India within The Dhaba’s culinary and décor environment! The moment you arrive, you are struck by their museum-like front displaying glass encased ornaments, clothing and more such as kurtis with Phulkari – and exhibited are Indian Auto Rickshaws showing both incredible intricate hand-made design and real wear! And, the as you enter the front door, you set foot into a very traditional and very authentic environment seeming to take you back in time to Raj also known as the British India period! Keep in mind this area of the world dates its heritage and cuisine to the Indus Valley Civilization (dating as far back as 1900 BCE). This Northern Indian Cuisine which boasts Pakistani influences (Pakistan borders Punjab) drives its influence in their incredible foods. Both my wife and I enjoyed everything we tried, quite a bit. The prices are very reasonable, considering the hefty portions they dish (which in many instances will require boxes for take-home!), and the quality and adherence to authenticity The Dhaba offers. Regarding the food, starting with my wife’s white wine and I a large bottle of Taj Mahal Beer, we then took the opportunity to try starting with their: Samosa Plate (very refreshing and unique salad), freshly baked Naan Bread; my wife had the Cashmiri Chicken Tikka Masala (chicken breast marinated in traditional spices and yogurt and prepared in a Tandoori) while I had the exquisite and tender rendition of the Lamb Curry (lamb cubes with Dhaba spices) we finished off with deserts of Badami Kheer a wonderful Indian Rice Pudding, and I had the Gulab Gamun (spongy milky balls in rose syrup! As I mentioned, by far the best we’ve had in the area. Highly recommended to Aficionádos and newbies to Punjab alike! Great atmosphere, attention, service, price and quality… a very enjoyable experience – we’ll be back! Bon appétit from Gástro Ecléctico.

Indian Outdoor seating Parking

The Dhaba  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Dhaba 1872 E Apache Blvd, Dhaba Restaurant Tempe, Dhaba Menu Tempe, The Dhaba Tempe Menu, The Ddhaba Tempe Photos, The Dhaba Menu Mesa, and The Dhaba 1872 E Apache Blvd Tempe Az.