The Fitz

(Avenues West)

Cuisine: American (New), Diner

The Fitz is a American (New) and Diner restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Milwaukee, WI

Cool ambiance, food OK

Went to The Fitz with a group of fellow diners. There were six in my group and we all seemed to be awed by the cool ambiance of the dining room. It had a cool, retro vibe, and the music almost seemed like it was live. I thought the dining experience was going to be great, as our server brought out an amuse bouche for the table, which was very good. I then asked our server for the appetizer pictured on the restaurant’s website, as it looked so appealing. She said that it was not on the menu, so I was very disappointed. I went with a different appetizer, pigs in a blanket, but I didn’t even like them and couldn’t even finish them. I did order the sweet corn risotto, which was very good (quite a step up from the appetizer). Our server didn’t do a very good job at filling our water glasses (we had to keep asking). Also, at the end of the evening, she brought out the palate cleanser, but there were only 4 for the 6 of us (???). Then at the end of the night, she didn’t even thank us until there were only 3 of us left and we were just about out of the dining room. I don’t think I’ll go back.

Pigs in a Blanket

Pigs in a Blanket-Chinese style sausage, rice bun, rhubarb bbq sauce – I didn’t taste any bbq sauce. Disappointing.

Sweet Corn Risotto

Sweet Corn Risotto – done just right and the sweet corn was exatly that. Very good dish!

American (New) Diner Breakfast/Brunch

The Fitz  Restaurant Reviews

The Fitz is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.