11196 Los Alamitos Blvd
Los Alamitos, CA 90720-3621

The Great Dane Baking Company

Neighborhoods: Los Alamitos
Cuisine: Bakeries, Cakes, Catering

The Great Dane Baking Company is a Bakeries, Cakes, and Catering restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

mamamia photo

mamamia

Lakewood, CA

The Best Bear Claw around

This place makes cakes look like a work of art. YOU ARE going to pay for your art but they are very beautiful!
They also have coffee and a place to eat and read your paper!

Bear Claw

The BEST Bear claw-the almond paste is quality and every bite is a fantasy! I realize that the appreciation of a bear claw might not be for everyone-but this is the place if you love them. They have fancy to the next level here!
You have to get them first thing or they will be gone!

goodwin73 photo

goodwin73

Santa Monica, CA

Do NOT get your cake at The Great Dane.

My wife and I ordered our wedding cake from The Great Dane and it was (quite literally) one of the worst experiences of my life. First, they inserted thin metal wires (into our cake) to attach edible sugar flowers – after we paid them $80 extra to have them individually hand dipped (and attached to the cake) with white chocolate.

Second, after 3 wedding guests choked on the metal wires that were left (without anyone knowing) in the wedding cake – including my bride who had a metal wire lodged in her throat and had to be rushed to the emergency room – The Great Dane denied using metal wires. When we told them that we still had some cake left, and could show them that they did use metal wires, they told us it was our fault for not taking them out before serving our guests – they didn’t once say they were sorry.

Shockingly – just shockingly – the staff at The Great Dane was actually rude to my wife (and literally hung up on her) when she called to ask them why they used metal wires in our wedding cake after we paid them extra to attach all of the edible sugar flowers with white chocolate.

Accidents happen, and we’re not unreasonable people, but when accidents happen you would at least expect an apology. But it’s been one year since our wedding day, and now (adding insult to injury) they’re refusing to take our order for our 1 year anniversary cake (which we pre-paid for along with our wedding cake and was part of our original contract.)

It’s hard to believe, but they literally refused to take our order on the phone, and said that in order to take our order they would have to call us back – and, to date, (despite our repeated phone calls to try and place our order) they have refused to call us back. When I called to suggest that they could just refund that portion of the money we paid for the anniversary cake (since they have refused to take our order, or call us back) they hung up on me too.

Don’t get me wrong, they’re all sweet and smiles when they’re taking your money, but once you’ve paid the customer service goes right out the window. In all honesty, it’s shocking to me that this establishment has managed to stay in business, treating customers like they do. So please do yourself a favor and find a different bakery. The staff of The Great Dane are simply not nice people, and while their baked goods can actually be pretty darn tasty (as long as the metal wires don’t kill you) the horrible way that they treat their customers makes this a place a truly horrible establishment to be avoided at all costs.

Fortunately, there are lots and lots of very fine bakeries in Southern California – take my advice and avoid The Great Dane.

I wouldn’t have taken the time to write this review if I hadn’t had a truly horrible experience at The Great Dane, and I only wish that someone had warned me before I used them to make our wedding cake. Hopefully this review will prevent you from making the same mistake I did – avoid The Great Dane at all costs.

Wedding Cake

Bakeries Cakes Good For Kids
Mon-Fri 06:30AM - 06:00PM
Sat 08:00AM - 06:00PM

The Great Dane Baking Company  Restaurant Reviews

The Great Dane Baking Company is located near the cities of Rossmoor, Hawaiian Gardens, Cypress, and La Palma.
People found this by searching for: The Great Dane Bakery, Great Dane Bakery Los Alamitos Ca, Great Dane Bakery Los Alamitos, The Great Dane Bakery Los Alamitos, The Great Dane Baking Company, Great Dane Bakery, and Great Dane Bakery Los Alamitos.