630 Saint Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116-3214

the gumbo shop

Neighborhoods: French Quarter
Cuisine: Catering, Lunch, Breakfast

the gumbo shop is a Catering, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

cinnamongirl photo

cinnamongirl

Milwaukee, WI

Valentine’s Day Dinner

After arriving in New Orleans, the group that I was with decided to have dinner at the Gumbo Shop. After just a short wait, the 7 of us were seated. After hearing the recommendations from our waiter, I decided on the chicken and andouille gumbo. After a little mix up with our order, we all dug into our meals. The gumbo was amazing! Such great flavors! I wanted to keep eating it, but couldn’t finish my serving, which my boyfriend was happy to help me with. Service could have been a little better, but next time I’m back in NOLA, I will for sure be making a stop at the Gumbo Shop!

Tigercobra photo

Tigercobra

Mequon, WI

Amazing food in the French Quarter

On a recent vacation to New Orleans and the Carribean the group of people I was with stop at this restaurant for dinner. The look and feel of the place was felt high class but not prices were not. I had the chicken gumbo and it was phenominal! I seasoned it with a little house hot sauce of creole season which just added to the flavor! The service was good but the waiter did have some issues with some of the orders. Everyone did enjoy there meal. I love the seasoning so much that I purchased some of there creole seasoning to bring home.

Jmjfbt photo

Jmjfbt

Charleston, SC

Yummy gumbo!

What a great spot! Large dining area as well as cute patio. Even on a busy afternoon, no one waited long for a table. Service was quick and very efficiant. Chicken as well as crawfish gumbo superb! Gator sausage as an appetizer was delicious too. This place has been around for years and I hope it stays for years to come! Did I mention the fabulous spicy bloody Mary!

the gumbo shop

Catering in French Quarter

Dick & Jenny's

American in West Riverside

Bayona

Contemporary American in French Quarter

12/15/2018

A diner from New Orleans, LA tried LeRoux's Chicken Shack.

11/21/2018

A dining patron from Metairie, LA tried La Cuisine (CLOSED) in West End.

11/13/2018

An American food lover from New York, NY tried Petunias in French Quarter.

11/11/2018

A Burgers food lover from Metairie, LA tried Applebee's.

11/07/2018

A dining patron from Springfield, OR tried Louis XVI in French Quarter, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food, service and ambience.
11/01/2018

A dining patron from Metairie, LA tried Shawarma on the Run.

10/27/2018

A Chinese food lover from New Orleans, LA tried Chinese and American Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
staff very friendly
10/12/2018

A dining patron from New Orleans, LA tried China Palace and liked it.

10/01/2018

A Burgers food lover from New Orleans, LA tried McDonald's and liked it. They liked the food.

9/21/2018

A Cajun food lover from US tried Cafe Michoud in Viavant - Venetian Isles, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Gumbo Parking Catering

the gumbo shop  Restaurant Reviews

the gumbo shop is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: The Gumbo Shop New Orleans Menu, The Gumbo Shop Menu, The Gumbo Pot New Orleans Menu, New Orleans French Quarter Best Bread Pudding, Gumbo Shop New Orleans Menu, "New Orleans" "Coffee Pot" Gumbo, Review Pat O'brien's Gumbo, and Gumbo Shop Restaurant.