630 Saint Peter St
New Orleans, LA 70116-3214

the gumbo shop

Neighborhoods: French Quarter
Cuisine: Catering, Lunch, Breakfast

the gumbo shop is a Catering, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends.

cinnamongirl photo

cinnamongirl

Milwaukee, WI

Valentine’s Day Dinner

After arriving in New Orleans, the group that I was with decided to have dinner at the Gumbo Shop. After just a short wait, the 7 of us were seated. After hearing the recommendations from our waiter, I decided on the chicken and andouille gumbo. After a little mix up with our order, we all dug into our meals. The gumbo was amazing! Such great flavors! I wanted to keep eating it, but couldn’t finish my serving, which my boyfriend was happy to help me with. Service could have been a little better, but next time I’m back in NOLA, I will for sure be making a stop at the Gumbo Shop!

Tigercobra photo

Tigercobra

Mequon, WI

Amazing food in the French Quarter

On a recent vacation to New Orleans and the Carribean the group of people I was with stop at this restaurant for dinner. The look and feel of the place was felt high class but not prices were not. I had the chicken gumbo and it was phenominal! I seasoned it with a little house hot sauce of creole season which just added to the flavor! The service was good but the waiter did have some issues with some of the orders. Everyone did enjoy there meal. I love the seasoning so much that I purchased some of there creole seasoning to bring home.

Jmjfbt photo

Jmjfbt

Charleston, SC

Yummy gumbo!

What a great spot! Large dining area as well as cute patio. Even on a busy afternoon, no one waited long for a table. Service was quick and very efficiant. Chicken as well as crawfish gumbo superb! Gator sausage as an appetizer was delicious too. This place has been around for years and I hope it stays for years to come! Did I mention the fabulous spicy bloody Mary!

the gumbo shop

Catering in French Quarter

Dick & Jenny's

American in West Riverside

Bayona

Contemporary American in French Quarter

1/18/2023

A Coffee chowhound from Macedonia, OH tried Poppy's Grill (CLOSED) in French Quarter and liked it.

12/03/2022

An American food lover from Gröbenzell, 02 tried Hard Rock Cafe in Central Business District.

10/30/2022

A dining patron from Houston, TX tried Mama Rosa's (CLOSED) in French Quarter.

10/20/2022

A Pizza chowhound from Olmsted Falls, OH tried Pizza Hut in Old Aurora.

9/28/2022

A diner from New Orleans, LA tried Mr Poor Boy Restaurant.

8/27/2022

A Mexican chowhound from New Orleans, LA tried El Gato Negro in Lakeview and liked it.

8/23/2022

A diner from New Orleans, LA tried Ikura Hibachi And Sushi.

8/20/2022

A dining patron from Milton Keynes, I6 tried Andrew Jaeger's House of Seafood (CLOSED) in French Quarter, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

7/24/2022

A chowhound from Port Lavaca, TX tried La Cuisine (CLOSED) in West End.

7/14/2022

A dining patron from Colorado Springs, CO tried Progress Grocery (CLOSED) in French Quarter and liked it.

Gumbo Parking Catering

the gumbo shop  Restaurant Reviews

the gumbo shop is located near the cities of Gretna.
People found this by searching for: Gumbo Shop Restaurant, "New Orleans" "Coffee Pot" Gumbo, The Gumbo Shop New Orleans Menu, The Gumbo Shop Menu, Review Pat O'brien's Gumbo, Gumbo Shop New Orleans Menu, The Gumbo Pot New Orleans Menu, and New Orleans French Quarter Best Bread Pudding.