The Hurricane

Neighborhoods: Pass-a-Grille Beach
Cuisine: Seafood, Catering, Lunch

The Hurricane is a Seafood, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Best grouper sandwich on earth "
"fast service, great food, great scenery & views of the beach and all around great place."
romad52 photo

romad52

Tampa, FL

Trash

Worst service I have ever had. My family and a friend came to Hurricane’s today, a place we have frequented over and over for a long time. It took almost 45 minutes, yes I timed it, to get our food. We ordered an appetizer of conch fritters before our meal, our daughter ordered a salad as we all ordered other entrees, 2 chicken sandwiches and an order of fried gator tail with onion rings to be exact. Our appetizer came with the meal, minus the salad, to which I complained to the manager after a very rude server inside blew me off. Immediately I was dismissed by the manager with an “I don’t care” attitude. The restaurant was not busy at all, less then 40 people in the place total. The manager finally came to the table to which she was confronted with the same issue, not just by our table, but by two other tables nearby, and yet again came with the same attitude. The self-proclaimed “owner” came to the table and immediately ripped into us about cook times and such, yet we were not the only ones with the issue as, again, the tables surrounding us had the same problem and were visibly upset at the situation. He acted absolutely out of line, raising his voice and throwing a veteran’s status (to which I returned with mine and was absolutely ashamed that a fellow vet chose to treat customers in such a manner), he treated us as if we were trash on the street and became very combative with our table and those around us complaining. I dismissed the situation and carried on with our meal, asked for the check, and paid in full with tip, as it was not the server’s fault at all! I attempted to use the restroom but again found myself in confrontation with the “owner” for no reason whatsoever other than leaving my table to use the restroom. Now I have fought and bled for this country and our rights, never once asking for anything in return but my constitutional rights, and I’d say that using the restroom is beyond constitutional, yet it is a basic human right, only to be treated as a common criminal for such actions. So much for De Oppresso Liber I guess!

Without a doubt, this will be my last time frequenting this establishment, which we frequent almost weekly, and would never ask others to follow suit. But I will say this, if you choose to be treated as if you do not matter, to be treated indifferently, then by all means go for it. But if you choose to dine and be treated as a human being, then choose another, ANY OTHER, establishment on Pass-a-Grille because this place is horribly managed and does not care one single bit about your business!

Chicken Sandwich

Mediocre

March 21, 2016

Had my husband's surprise 50th bday party here for 30 adults. Russ from catering was fantastic from planning stages, helping me stay within my budget, suggesting good assortment of appetizers, all the way through to the day of the event. …
May 27, 2014

Ok, with it being Memorial Day weekend, you'd think you'd be jazzed and ready to make some money at the hurricane with a gazillion people at the beach. Being locals, we thought we'd stop by for a bite around 1:30 pm. We wanted to sit…
February 21, 2012

Top 5 restaurants in FL

This place will always be on my "top 5 restraunts in FL list". I've been coming here since I was a baby, and even had my USF graduation dinner there with my Grandpa. Check it out.

Seafood Outdoor seating Good For Kids
Tips
  • The Hurricane is available for private or corporate parties.

The Hurricane  Restaurant Reviews

• 1/30/2016 A diner from Hollywood, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Best grouper sandwich on earth
  • 6/14/2015 A diner from FL tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/06/2015 A diner from New York, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 12/26/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it 1 star. They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 7/30/2013 A diner from Hialeah, FL tried it.

The Hurricane is located near the cities of St Pete Beach, Treasure Is, Pass A Grille Branch, South Pasadena, and Tierra Verde.
People found this by searching for: Hurricane Pass A Grille Menu, The Hurricane Pass A Grille Menu, The Hurricane Restaurant Pass A Grille Beach, Hurricane Restaurant St Pete Beach, Hurricane Restaurant Pass A Grille, Hurricane Restaurant Pass A Grille, Hurricane Restaurant Pass A Grille, and Drink Menu + Hurricane Restaurant + St Pete Beach.