1301 4th St Se
Minneapolis, MN 55414-2028

The Library Bar and Grill

Neighborhoods: Dinkytown
Cuisine: Burgers, Bar

The Library Bar and Grill is a Burgers and Bar restaurant where most Menuism users came for a business meeting, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 11/24/2013

A Burgers food lover from Minneapolis, MN tried it.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

The Library...Clever.

I’ve visited the Library several times since I moved back to Minneapolis, but only for a drink or two. Most weekend evenings this place is packed. I’m not in love with the Library, but if I’m in the neigborhood it will do. It is very college scene and I’m getting a little old for that.

Last Saturday afternoon, a friend and I met up for lunch and a quick study session. (Note: I don’t go to the U, I’m an old grad student so I look awkward in places like the Library). Free wifi, a plus and the place was pretty dead so it was nice and quiet. As we were looking for an outlet to plug in our computers (we were not successful) our waitress informed us that there were some upstairs, but they did not serve upstairs until later. No biggy.

We sat in a booth downstairs. Actually the reason we initially chose the Library was their all you can eat breakfast until 3. We found that “breakfast” meant pancakes, waffles or french toast. While all of these things are generally delicious we were looking for something a little more substantial I guess. The menu is filled with your basic bar food items: burgers, sandwhiches, fried apps and a few salads.

Our waitress was attentive, given, we the only people there, but still. I did the mushroom swiss burger and my friend did the T.B.A. (turkey, bacon, avacado) sandwich. Both were decent. The fries were really good. My burger, even though it was done medium rare was a little dry on the outside. The cheese and mushrooms were sort of bland and didn’t bring much to the burger. I guess I was a little disappointed. I left feeling not really satisfied.

In the end the Library isn’t really a destination. It is a bar that serves food. There are lots of places to eat around the campus and if you’re looking for something that really hits the spot the Library might not be it. If you’re looking for a spot to meet for a beer and hang with a college crowd the Library can do that.

Wifi Takeout Good for groups

The Library Bar and Grill  Restaurant Reviews

The Library Bar and Grill is located near the cities of Saint Anthny Vlg, St Anthony, and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: The Library Bar Minneapolis, Library Bar And Grill Menu, Library Bar Minneapolis Menu, Menu Of Library Bar, The Library Dinkytown Menu, The Library Bar Dinkytown, and The Library Bar And Grill Dinkytown.