6001 Strickland Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11234

The Luncheonette

Neighborhoods: Mill Basin
Cuisine: Diner, Salads, Sandwiches

The Luncheonette is a Diner, Salads, and Sandwiches restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 4/26/2013

A Diner food lover from Jersey City, NJ tried it.

MillieBasin1 photo

MillieBasin1

Brooklyn, NY

GREAT RESTAURANT GREAT FOOD AND FRIENDLY TO CUSTOMERS!

The Luncheonette is a great new addition to The Basin and I must say they have the best food in the area. Try it yourself AND PLEASE!
DO not listen to the vicious reputation crasher who gave this fine restaurant one star not because of their food but because she (?) feels she is above rules and has the right to squat on private property. When she is asked to follow rules- she opts to play the race card and ruin this restaurant’s reputation all across the internet.
She obviously never dined here -only felt the need to eat her bagged lunch on their property.

I know intelligent people who want to try a great little restaurant will not let this rablerouser’s tirade prevent them from trying a great place to eat… and they are on GROUPON too often so TRY IT MILLIE SAYS SO!

You won't find a better burger!

You have to look hard to find this little place! BUT it’s worth it… simply great food and burgers that you just can’t compare to anywhere else.

I agree with Millie:
Try it and see for yourself and YES they have grreat Groupon deals from time to time.

artk photo

artk

Burgers Like They Used to Be

love this place!

I try to eat healthily and their healthy wraps are excellent. Then I was here with people who ordered burgers and they looked so good I had to try one.
I have to tell you…
I haven’t had a burger like this in decades!! Not a premade patty but fresh ground beef or turkey.
All the items I tried are great….
Fresh!
I enjoyed their wraps and their breakfast menu is great too.
They are always trying new stuff. My sister, a vegan, spoke with the owner who was open to adding some vegan friendly fare.
I also love all the Brooklyn memorabilia and quaint atmosphere here.

JanicePenn photo

JanicePenn

A Nice Quaint Restaurant

Simply good burgers.
Oh yes … the food is fresh and you can tell!

The wait is worth it.

As for the negative review by a character named “felicia” here ..
Read between the lines: It is unfounded .. she is simply someone with a BIG chip on her shoulder who DOESN’T LIKE TO FOLLOW RULES!.

Felicia: Tresspassers like you who trespass on other people’s property do not belong in Mill Basin. Rules apply to YOU too. Your review is invalid as you were not a customer -just a trespasser.
Oh and Ms. Trespasser: I ofter BOUGHT food in The Luncheonette to go and had my meal outside. BUT I AM A CUSTOMER NOT A TRESPASSER!

Burger

Best burger I have ever had!

feliciainniss photo

feliciainniss

Bad Attitude in the Basin

Since I work right around the corner from the Luncheonette, my co-workers and I order lunch from there occasionally.
Today, I did not buy my lunch from there, but I did sit on one of the 3 completely empty picnic tables to have my lunch. Just as I was finishing my salad, someone, who I’ll assume is the owner, came outside, stopped his phone conversation to rudely ask me if I knew that the outdoor seating was for the restaurant’s customers" then walked away.

All summer, I watched people sit at the tables without ordering anything, hanging out, chatting on their phones etc.

I wonder if the colour of my skin has anything to do with the way I was treated…?

Usually, I don’t go around leaving negative reviews, or any reviews for that matter. But, this person’s attitude was so offensive that I can’t help but perceive that it is a reflection of the type of customer service offered there.

I may not have been a customer today, but I am a customer.

I completely understand that the seating provided is for customers only (even though there is no sign indicating this).
If this person had politely explained that out-door seating was reserved for customers only, I would have quickly apologized and left the table. The rudeness was inexcusable and unncessary.

Don’t worry Luncheonette, I certainly will not sit at your empty picnic tables anymore and I will make sure that none of my co-workers sit there or order from you ever again.

DUET has better food anyway.

n/a

The Luncheonette Mill Basin Diner
Nicky's Pizza

Pizza in Bensonhurst

La Cuarta

Chicken in Greenwood

The Luncheonette  Restaurant Reviews

The Luncheonette is located near the cities of Flatlands, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bedford Stuyvesant, Clifton, and Park Slope.
People found this by searching for: Luncheonette 6011 Strickland Avenue, The Luncheonette Mill Basin Menu, The Luncheonette Brooklyn, The Luncheonette Mill Basin, Luncheonette Mill Basin, Best Burgers In Mill Basin, and The Lunchenette In Mill Basin.