The Mantel Wine Bar and Bistro

Neighborhoods: Downtown Oklahoma City
Cuisine: Contemporary American, Steaks*, Fish

• 8/18/2016

A Contemporary American chowhound from Oklahoma City, OK tried it.

• 11/13/2014

A Contemporary American chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

SavorHour photo

SavorHour

Sherman Oaks, CA

One Of Oklahoma City's Best!

Located in the historic district of downtown Oklahoma City exists a wine bar and bistro called The Mantel. Recently recognized by Cornell University as one of the country’s best “gourmet” restaurants, we had the opportunity to experience just why it is one of the city’s best eateries.

Upon entering after dark for dinner, my husband and I were seated at a cozy booth surrounded by candlelight. The atmosphere was that of an upscale establishment with a casual, yet elegant flair.

Our meal started with a delicious flavorful bread being served to us by a friendly professional waiter. An emphasis of “taking our time” while we were there was suggested, and we did just that as we ordered a couple of glasses of wine to start out…

My husband ordered a delicious Cabernet, while I enjoyed a Merlot that our waiter hand selected for me…

For salad selections, we had the House Salad and the Spinach Salad. Below, my husband savored this fresh and colorful collaboration of flavor with cucumber, currants, bleu cheese, grape tomatoes and a roasted red bell pepper vinaigrette dressing that tied the entire dish of palatable vegetables together…

I went for the Spinach Salad, (below), which included raspberry caramelized onions, bleu cheese, candied pecans, sliced apple and a honey balsamic vinaigrette. I enjoyed the sweetness and crunch of the candied pecans and the contrast of essence between the creamy bleu cheese and the full-flavored vinaigrette.

For my entree, I chose Mantel’s Blackened Ahi Tuna. Pan seared Ahi tuna with roasted poblano and sweet corn risotto, a vegetable of the day and enhanced with a mouthwatering champagne blackberry reduction…

The below is my husband’s entree…the twelve-ounce Prime New York Strip served with steamed asparagus, fingerling potatoes and a whiskey mushroom cream sauce…(See photos and full review at SavorHour.com)

ESTABLISHMENT / DECOR: The Mantel is a casual, yet sophisticated-styled bistro, wine bar and restaurant with a comfortable and inviting ambiance. A terrific place for a late-night dinner, and we can imagine it would be perfect as well most any time of the day or evening.

FOOD / DRINK: Succulent dishes, savory wines and beautiful presentations from the chef.

LOCATION: The Mantel WIne Bar & Bistro is located at 201 East Sheridan in the historic district of downtown Oklahoma City, OK 73104.

HOURS: Dining is available Monday through Thursday from 11 AM to 10 PM, Fridays from 11 AM to 11 PM, Saturdays from 5 PM to 11 PM, and on Sundays from 5 PM to 9 PM.

SERVICE / STAFF: We experienced excellent attentive service from our waiter at The Mantel. Professional, courteous and willing to make suggestions for us.

PRICE / VALUE: Great meals, terrific prices and incredible value!

CORKAGE: No outside alcohol is allowed into the restaurant.

CONTACT INFO: Phone: (405) 236-8040, Website: www.themantelokc.com

PARKING: There is a parking lot for patrons outside the front of the restaurant, as well as valet service for your convenience.

TOTAL BILL: Our final bill came in just over $85, however it was well worth the splurge! We’ll definitely return for dinner on our next visit to Oklahoma City!

September 7, 2008

Best Restaurant in BrickTown Area !

It seems that I only write reviews for 5-star places but maybe that is because I only go to 5-star places and this is another one in Oklahoma City. I have always loved this place, I started going there about 8 years ago and try to put it…
September 6, 2005

It was OK

The food was good and the service was good. Nothing really to complain about. Their steaks were very juicy and cooked just how I asked but nothing really stood out from either the service or food.

5/29/2017

A dining patron from Oklahoma City, OK tried Star's Pizza Cafe and Grill in May-Penn.

5/29/2017

An American chowhound from Edmond, OK tried Charlie Newton's Restaurant.

5/27/2017

A dining patron from Oklahoma City, OK tried Los Perez.

5/27/2017

An American chowhound from Oklahoma City, OK tried Grandy's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
pot roast,macaroni,biscuits,dinner rolls,pies and cinnamon rolls
5/26/2017

A dining patron from Blanchard, OK tried T & T Chinese Food in South Walker, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2017

A diner from US tried IHOP in Wilshire Ridge, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/19/2017

An Asian food lover from Oklahoma City, OK tried China King.

5/18/2017

An American food lover from Edmond, OK tried Richey's Grill in Downtown Oklahoma City.

5/18/2017

A dining patron from Oklahoma City, OK tried Richey's Grill in Downtown Oklahoma City.

5/17/2017

A diner from Chandler, OK tried Papa Dino's Pizza & Grill in Culbertson.

Contemporary American Oklahoma City OK Oklahoma
THOMAS0089

Chicago, IL
0 useful

so_i_go

The Mantel Wine Bar and Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: The Mantel Wine Bar Review, The Mantle Downtown Okc, The Mantel, Okc, Mantel Wine Bar & Bistro Review, The Mantel Wine Bar And Bistro, The Mantel Wine Bar & Bistro, Mantel Wine Bar & Bistro, Okc Restaurants Free Corkage, and The Mantel Okc.