2980 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306

The Mason Jar

Neighborhoods: Coral Ridge
Cuisine: Comfort Food, American Traditional, Lunch

The Mason Jar is a Comfort Food, American Traditional, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped less than 15%.

Overall
Pros
"Excellent service and delishious food."
  • 3/24/2018

A dining patron from Pompano Beach, FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Excellent service and delishious food.
  • 8/27/2015

A dining patron from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried it.

• 9/28/2014

A Comfort Food food lover from Miami, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/02/2013

A Comfort Food food lover from FL tried it and liked it.

• 8/09/2013

A dining patron from FL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 6/23/2013

A Comfort Food chowhound from Fort Lauderdale, FL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

eatsoutalot photo

eatsoutalot

Ft Lauderdale, FL

Let me save you the $$ that I spent

I drove past this place a few times and thought I would give it a try. Parking is very limited out front but there is a large lot around back so we parked there. I was a bit turned off when the cooks were standing outside the kitchen door smoking. The back door entrance is right by the bathrooms and nobody really knew that we were there. The look of the place was kind of old and cheap. Think dusty fake trees wrapped in christmas lights and your grandmothers plates hanging on the walls. They sat us in the back near the other bathroom. I thought the menu looked pretty good but it took a long while for someone to greet us and take a drink order. They seemed annoyed when I asked some questions about the menu. I had the pigs in a blanket app. I swear that they were the frozen ones you can buy at publix. AND they were burnt to boot! How can you screw up a hot dog? Everything seemed to take a long time, but there were only like 4 tables occupied in the place. The skirt steak was average at best and cooked more than the medium rare that I ordered. My mother taught me to always say nice things, but for this place….I struggle. Poor location, lousy food, and arrogant service. I’m sure there will be a new sign hanging in the window soon. Don’t waste your time or money.

Skirt Steak

Bummed that this was way more than the medium rare that I ordered. I got the brussel sprouts (tasty) and the mac and cheese for the sides. It seemed like there were stale cheeze-it crumbs on the top (I picked around them).

Honestly photo

Honestly

Fort Lauderdale, FL

Outstanding Comfort Food

My friend and I went to The Mason Jar for an evening meal and I found it to be extremely clean and affordable. There are twenty tables or so and everyone was taken. Paula and Scott were working as hard as I have ever seen two servers work. They managed to service every table in the restaurant in a timely fashion. I thought that the food was very, very good and that the prices were not too expensive for what they served you.

Beef Short Ribs

I had Beef Short Ribs with a green bean casserole and corn bread while my friend had Country Fried Steak with brussell sprouts that she said were to die for. She even asked Paula for the secret to their recipe. I would seriously recommend the Mason Jar to any of my hotel guests. Everything was cooked to order and they used fresh green beans, not canned, in the casserole. The corn bread had pieces of corn baked in. Their Sundae Pie was also incredibly deliceous, frozen, with chocolate ganash crust under Vanilla ice cream and topped with berry coulis. Awesome in every way.

Comfort Food American Traditional Lunch

The Mason Jar  Restaurant Reviews

The Mason Jar is located near the cities of Ft Lauderdale, Sunrise, Franklin Park, Washington Park, and Roosevelt Gardens.
People found this by searching for: The Mason Jar Fort Lauderdale Fl, Mason Jar Restaurant Fort Lauderdale, The Mason Jar Fort Lauderdale, Mason Jar Fort Lauderdale, The Mason Jar Ft. Lauderdale, The Mason Jar Restaurant, The Mason Jar Cafe Fort Lauderdale, Mason Jar Cafe, and Mason Jar Cafe Fort Lauderdale.