The Melting Pot

Cuisine: Fondue, Gluten Free, Cafe

The Melting Pot is a Fondue, Gluten Free, and Cafe restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
  • 9/16/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 1/16/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it and liked it.

• 9/09/2013

trussell photo

trussell

Bethlehem, PA

Much improved

Probably 4.5 stars but I can get to that later.
The service has improved greatly from the first reviewer. We chatted a lot with our server (Madison) and she was telling us about the team building exercises that the restaurant was having the staff perform. She said that at first she thought they were dumb but now sees how it helped in bringing the staff together so that when people are in trouble others will help out quickly and know how to help out.
We also asked about the time to “turn a table” and they said they go with the customer’s desires. Likely wouldn’t have helped with the first reviewer but now I think a customer could ask to be rushed through and get out within 45 minutes to an hour. But the place doesn’t rush and you can stay until you are ready to leave (unlike Mama Nina’s who will tell you to leave so they can turn the table).
Also spoke with a manager (Jordan Giles) and she was great. She came from the Phillie restaurant to open this one. A very sharp young lady who hopes some day to have her own restaurant.
Okay, so service was really good. Something I want in a restaurant.

Next, food. From an American’s standpoint it’s very good, from a Swiss standpoint, it’s fair to middling. Don’t get me wrong. The food is good but it is not really fondue you find in Switzerland. That being said you will likely not be disappointed. We didn’t do the four course meal but instead did a cheese course and an entree course.
Point here. If you are a part of four (or six) get a table with two burners. That allows you to have two pots of differing styles on the table at once. Otherwise everyone has to agree on the type of pot.
So for the cheese portion we had a Swiss pot and a Fiesta (salsa/cheese) pot. The ingredients are fresh. The Fiesta pot was fresh cut jalapenos and some spices while the Swiss pot was various cheeses and cherry water. Madison went through and described everything she was doing. Somewhat funny at one point because they do 10 twists of the pepper mill and we interrupted her while she was counting. It made for a very good laugh amongst us. So we had to wait for the 10th twist to get the answer.
We got the Fiesta cheese medium but that was likely spicier than what people call medium but it was good.
You can have as many refills of the veggies or fruit (for the swiss) or bread as you want -- until the cheese goes away.
The entrees were varied and were seafood, chicken and beef with various marinades. They also bring you sauces that you can add to the meats when they come out of the pot.
For the pots we got a Coq au vin (very good and $6 extra) and also a plain oil.
There are also two bowls of sauce you can pre-dip into and then place into the pot and they generally coat the meat but didn’t seem to add much to the meat.
You also get bowls of veggies and cut up potatoes to add to the pot and can refills on these.
I had the shrimp, beef, chicken and pork. I think that just getting the chicken, with all the sauces, would be just as good. Oh and mine had pot stickers. I don’t see how to cook them properly. We tried with two and they both fell apart in the bowl. Ask and maybe they will tell you how. Too late for me.
We got the check and were sitting there when the manager (Jordan) came by and asked if we wanted any chocolate (on the house). I guess it was around 10:30-ish. We sat at 9:30. We said we were stuffed but she convinced us to try a small pot. It was something not on the menu and they call it the “Snickers” pot. It was awesome.
My recommendation from all of this --—-
go for the cheese portion and the chocolate portion and skip the entree.
Or possibly go for the chocolate portion only and be remorseful later. The chocolate was really very very good.
Oh and one more thing. Reservations are hard to come by but get on the waiting list because people do cancel.

mrsomarttm photo

mrsomarttm

Bath, PA

not for those on a time schedule

I met some girlfriends there for dinner, and we thought would take about 2 hours. It was after 11pm, 5 hours later, when we finally left. It wasn’t because we were sitting at the bar & chatting.
The food was excellent, but the service was ridiculously slow. At times, we were waiting over 30 minutes between courses. And the place was not crowded at all – it just seemed as though no one knew what was going on. We waited over an hour to get our check. It occurred to me as I was driving home, I was never asked if I wanted coffee or tea when we ordered dessert.
I realize they have only been open a few days, but their service needs work – I Would say wait a good 6 months before going there, unless you don’t mind have a 5 hour dinner.
I definitely don’t recommend taking children there – as they would not be able to sit for that length of time, and it is not the place for them to be running around.

Four Course Fondue

The food was excellent, the sauces were awesome, if you didn’t mind waiting and wating and waiting.

purrrfectplus photo

purrrfectplus

Slatington, PA

excellent choice

My girlfriend and I enjoyed a fabulous evening here. Hostesses were pleasant and professional. The wait staff was courteous and thorough. The presentation was beautiful and the taste delicious. The atmosphere was comfortable and had an easy sense of privacy with the high backed booths which by the way were more than adequate for a larger size person. Even the restroom was delightful with not only hand lotion but mouthwash as well. Beautifully decorated and a professional staff. Truly an enjoyable experience.

Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue

This is hearty dish and we even asked for extra garlic. Fresh and flavorful.

banana foster

wow! who knew you could fondue banana foster. The flambe table side was lovely and even had mini sparkle fireworks. The taste was outstanding and the best desert I have ever had. I would stop in again just for this treat!

kwood73 photo

kwood73

Bethlehem, PA

Wonderful experience

My husband and I went to the Melting Pot last weekend in Bethlehem for our anniversary. We were so excited to see such a nice restaurant come to our area! From the minute we walked in the door we knew we were in for a special night. The front door was held open for us by the hostess who extended a friendly welcome. We were seated at our table within minutes of arriving and there was a nice greeting card on the table wishing us a Happy Anniversary. As for the food, we have made fondue at our house before but never to the likes of this! It was so delicious from start to finish, even the presentation of the food. Our server was so helpful during the whole dinner and the manager stopped by periodically to ask us how everything was. We were blown away by how much everyone cared about keeping us happy during our special dinner. Overall I would definitely recommend trying this wonderful new restaurant in our area. Thank you to the staff who made our anniversary unforgettable! We can’t wait to go back!

Chocolate S’mores - Big Night Out at The Melting Pot

Big Night Out

Fondue Fondu Gluten Free

The Melting Pot  Restaurant Reviews

The Melting Pot is located near the cities of Freemansburg, Fountain Hill, Butztown, Hanover Township, and Saucon Valley Terrace.
People found this by searching for: The Melting Pot Bethlehem, Www.The Melting Pot, Bethlehem, Pa.Com, Melting Pot In Bethlehem Pa, Fondue Restaurant Bethlehem Pa, The Melting Pot Pa, The Melting Pot Bethlehem Pa, Meltin Pot Menu, Melting Pot Bethlehem Pa, and Melting Pot Bethlehem.