334 E Mountain Ave
Fort Collins, CO 80524

The Melting Pot

Neighborhoods: Downtown Fort Collins
Cuisine: Fondue, Asian, Seafood

The Melting Pot is a Fondue, Asian, and Seafood restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

MmmFood6 photo

MmmFood6

The Full Dining Experience

I recently enjoyed a fabulous birthday dinner at The Melting Pot in Fort Collins. Located on Mountain Avenue on the northeast side of old town, The Melting Pot looks small from the outside, but offers a pleasant, dimly-lit atmosphere inside, with private tables and attentive servers. This fondue chain, which operates over 100 restaurants nationwide, offers a delicious (if expensive) multi-course fondue meal. My family of five enjoyed the “Big Night Out” menu feature for four people, and still ended up with more food than we could finish.

The meal begins with cheese fondue, followed by a salad, the main course featuring a selection of different meats and cooking styles, and finally the chocolate fondue dessert. I enjoyed every course but the salad, which seemed excessive considering the amount of other food being served. I enjoyed the fact that the servers space the courses apart from each other, giving my family and I time to talk and eat at a slower pace. A meal at The Melting Pot typically lasts between 2 to 3 hours, so it is best to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the experience.

Although the prices are on the expensive side, the dining experience is truly fun and unique. Due to the dimly-lit atmosphere inside the restaurant and the sense of privacy at the tables, I can see it as a great place for a romantic dinner, although it can also be enjoyed with a larger group. I found the servers friendly and attentive, the food excellent, and the atmosphere very relaxing. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who likes to sit down and enjoy delicious food, friendly service and good company.

Pammigliore photo

Pammigliore

Fort Collins, CO

I was so happy when the Melting Pot opened a...

I was so happy when the Melting Pot opened a location in Old Town Fort Collins. I’m a sucker Fondue and love the stuff.

My biggest complaint is that they give you TOO MUCH food which then goes to waste. But, I love the variety and it’s fun to cook & dip yourself. Sometimes the service can be a little slow too.

Last night, I shared the Big Night Out with Arlene, my Mother in Law. We had the new Mediterranean Cheese Fondue (really, really good!) Then had the California Salad, which was too big. Then onto the Fondue Feast. I had never “fondued” pasta before. And then a Dark Chocolate Turtle fondue (a modification to a normal menu item.)

I am still full 12 hours later.

airmikec photo

airmikec

Poor Customer Service

I hate writing these comments, but unfortunately our society has gotten out of control. To many people, and to many businesses will try and get away with whatever they can because they know most people won’t speak up. I remember a time when something went wrong, customer service was a priority. I remember the days when customer service was such a priority that problems were solved even before a customer had a chance to complain. Back in the day, customer service didn’t stop with the apology but the manager made sure that your day wasn’t spoiled or ruined. Why? It’s because he wants repeat business. On Sunday September 28, 2014 I came in to Melting Pot for the Surf & Turf special. Even though it’s on special you still end up paying $100.00+ for 2 after you pay tax and tip. Our waitress was awesome, she was polite, and friendly. During our meal when we actually got to the surf and turf food, I found a long black hair lying between 2 pieces of shrimp. I informed the waitress and she went back to get me another plate and 7 minutes later my raw food arrived so I can start cooking it. Well I question why it takes 7min. to put raw food on a plate, but I wasn’t in any hurry so I didn’t really care. She apologized and I thought nothing more of it because I expected a nice classy place like the Melting Pot would have done the right thing and take like 20% off my bill or something and the Manager would have come by to apologize at some point. We received our bill and there was no real apology. I mean it’s one thing to say sorry, I appreciate that. But far too often is the word thrown around and people don’t learn from their mistakes. When I am at a restaurant that cost $100.00+ I expect better customer service and I expect not to have any problems with my food. Nonetheless, I accepted the bill and I did not talk to the manager because I was mad. I was showing my girl friend a great time and I didn’t want to ruin the night. So the best thing for me was to leave so I didn’t scream and yell that a restaurant that has no problem charging $100.00+ for 2nd class wine, a little bit cheese, a bowl of salad, and meets that could be purchased at the grocery store for $15.00, should be operating with a bit more class. I don’t think I will come back here ever again. The owner also owns Rodizo’s Grill here in Fort Collins, Colorado. I probably won’t go back there either. I am going to have to save my special moments for “Maggiano’s: Little Italy” based in Denver or stay in town and go to The Canyon Chop House, Macaroni Grill, or even go to Canino’s. I am disappointed that I was able to leave the Melting Pot with the customer service I received. I hope readers out here will think twice in the future what defines a nice restaurant. A nice restaurant isn’t defined by the price, but the quality of the food and the customer service that you receive. If you don’t feel special when you leave, that restaurant has failed.

Fondue for two.

Food was good, Once I finally got to it.

Janice photo

Janice

Auburn, WA

Ho Hum

I have eaten at this chain restaurant 3 times. Twice in Florida and once in Fort Collins. I have an original cheese fondue recipe from my Swiss mother-in-law. Ho Hum for the cheese fondue here. Guys; it is really simple: Ementaller Swiss cheese, Gruyere cheese, garlic, white wine, Kirsch and some baking soda to lighten it. A pinch of salt, Bingo. Whatever you put into the fondue pot was substandard. You cannot substitute other cheeses. Only the original will do. Will not go back to your restaurant, as you seem unable to get it right.

Fondue for two.

Sat 04:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 04:00PM - 10:00PM
mpfortcollins photo
mpfortcollins, the Owner, says:

The Melting Pot is a fondue restaurant that offers a unique fine dining experience for friends, family and loved ones. Celebrate your birthday over a flavorful pot of cheese fondue and fresh, artisan bread. Celebrate your anniversary with fine wine as you explore our four-course experiences. Prepare your choice of steak, seafood or vegetables in your own entrée pot. Or if you’re only interested in dessert, stop by for a silky, decadent chocolate fondue, served with fresh berries, brownie bites and much more. Big fondue fan? Ask about Club Fondue, where members receive neat perks and special invites! Parking is located beneath the building. Make reservations today!

From CityGrid:

The Melting Pot  Restaurant Reviews

The Melting Pot is located near the cities of Ft Collins and Laporte.
People found this by searching for: Melting Pot Restaurant In Fort Collins Co, The Melting Pot Fort Collins, Melting Pot Restaurant In Fort Collins, Melting Pot Fort Collins, Melting Pot Fort Collins Reviews, Meltaing Pot Restaurant In Fort Collind Colorado, and 334 E Mountain Ave.