449 Powell St 3rd Fl
San Francisco, CA 94102

The Melting Pot

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Mediterranean

The Melting Pot is a Mediterranean restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

DMentia photo

DMentia

San Francisco, CA

Had a great time, but probably wouldn't go back.

Went for dinner on a weeknight with a reservation for the first time, we had to wait about 20 minutes.

There were a few parties waiting ahead of us and more people came in after us as well so the place was pretty popular. Service was super friendly, the wine and drinks selection was quite large but service was a bit slow in between courses and we spent about two hours there. That just made more time for our party to enjoy each other’s company :)

Value, quality and taste wise, I give this a two star. I don’t feel that there was much variety or that the quality was worth the price. I would go back only for the dessert fondue or for people who are interested in fondues/first timers.

The appetizer fondue I could have done without, (stale, as per tradition) bread cubes, apples and veggies. Nothing particularly special (for the money). The main pot was delicious for what it was and I would have loved to take the liquid back home to render down for a sauce, buuuut I like my meat a little on the bloody rare side so boiling it isn’t quite up to my tastes. I would say we were full due to the food and time spent to digest, not so much the quanity. The dessert fondue pot was the best, the chocolate was rich without being too sweet, we were served cheesecake, brownies, marshmellows, rice crispies and fruit with the chocolate. The chocolate covered strawberries were super delicious and my favorite.

I would suggest checking out one of the city’s Asian Hot Pots buffets for a better price and variety for those who are a fan of fondue type of restaurants. Hot Pots don’t have cheese usually but you’re able to grill and boil your own meat and seafood.

Mediterranean

The Melting Pot  Restaurant Reviews

The Melting Pot is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Melting Pot San Francisco Ca, Melting Pot Menu, The Melting Pot San Francisco Ca, The Melting Pot Sf, Melting Pot In San Francisco, The Melting Pot San Francisco, San Francisco Melting Pot, Melting Pot San Francisco, and Melting Pot San Francisco Restaurant.