116 S 17th St

Cuisine: American, Steakhouses, Lunch

FareCritique photo

FareCritique

Portland, OR

They went the extra mile to make our experience special.

I was working 12 hour days 7 days per week in Mission, Texas during the month of November, 2010. My fiancé was flying in from Oregon to spend the rest of the season with me and I wanted to take her to the nicest place I could find to celebrate her belated birthday. I spent over a week asking many locals where I could find the nicest fine dining restaurant in the area. It is interesting to see what some people characterize as “fine dining”. I would get some suggestions and then I would drive to each restaurant to see if it fit my criteria. Most did not and many did not seem to be worth the time to get out of the car to inspect.

Ultimately I was referred to The Patio on Guerra. It is on 17th Street which reminds me a little of Austin’s 6th Street only seems like more nightclubs. I dined at the bar on the patio and told the bartender my plans to surprise my lady with a birthday dinner. She was very helpful and brought the manager to meet me. I made a reservation and explained my work situation asking if he could have someone order a bouquet of two dozen roses to have waiting on our table when we arrived. He was more than happy to help me and said that they would add the cost of the flowers to our dinner ticket. He didn’t require a deposit when I offered and arranged everything without any guarantee that we would show up. Quite impressive!

When we arrived for dinner everything was perfect. We imbibed a libation at the bar while waiting for our table and it was from there that my lovely lady
first saw the magnificent bouquet at the corner table and remarked how gorgeous it was. I said “Well, that’s probably our table” just as the hostess came to lead us back to it. The smile on Linda’s face as we were being seated made all of the effort totally worth it.

The bouquet had much more than just two dozen roses. It also contained lilies, baby’s breath and other beautiful flowers I was theretofore unfamiliar with. It was huge, the size of a small shrub and obstructed our view of each other as we sat at our intimate table. This drew the attention of every woman in the restaurant which just broadened Linda’s smile. Luckily our server found a place close by to set the bouquet while we dined.

Our meal was exquisite and the service was top notch. Linda had a pork chop that had to have been an inch and a half thick with tantalizing juices that ran into her plate each time she cut into it. I feasted on the rack of lamb that was equally flavorsome. Our dessert was delectable! I know a lot of this special evening had to do with the company we were enjoying but I think we both agree that this was one of the very best dining experiences either of us has had.

American Steakhouses Takeout

The Patio On Guerra  Restaurant Reviews

The Patio On Guerra is located near the cities of Pharr.
People found this by searching for: The Patio Restaurant In Mcallen Email Address, Patio On The Guera Lunch Menu, Mcallen Tx, Thepatiomcallenpics.Com, The Patio On Guerra In Mcallen Tx Pictures, Guerra Brothers Mcallen Tx, Mcallen Historic Business Redevelopment, The Patio On Guerra, and The Patio On Guerra Mcallen.