503 Franklin Ave
Nutley, NJ 07110

The Petite Cafe

Cuisine: American, Defiant Cuisine, Diner

• 5/05/2015

A dining patron from Newark, NJ tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

Straiter photo

Straiter

Bluffton, SC

Petite Cafe Nutley Cake Mix Cupcakes

I ordered cupcakes from the Petite Cafe a few weeks ago. It took a week before I got my order, apparently owner said “all the staff and their kids were sick and cafe was closed,” so shipment was delayed. Most of the cupcakes I ordered arrived smashed. When I initially spoke to the owner, Maureen, before I ordered, she assured me that they would arrive in perfect condition as she “had shipped out to even Florida and they arrived fine, no problems.” (I live in South Carolina.) The cupcakes arrived smashed and all melted. When I tried to remove cupcakes from the plastic containers they were shipped in, they all broke. I could not remove them from the container without having them break. The only way to taste the cupcakes was by using a spoon to scoop the cake out of the cupcake liner. I took full pictures of everything with a full explanation of what happened, and I emailed all to Maureen at the Petite Cafe. I received no response. I emailed her again. No response. No apology, nothing. What lack of respect for their customers. In addition, I have to say, I have baked a LOT of cake mixes in my lifetime, and I know the flavor of Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, and Duncan Hines. The cupcakes while good, at the Petite Cafe in Nutley tasted exactly like a CAKE MIX with a pudding center. Actually their cupcakes should taste good, think about it, it took those fine cake mix companies years to perfect their mixes, so they should taste good. The only thing is, why should Petite Cafe get the credit for Pillsbuy, Betty Crocker, and Duncan Hines? Even their icing is from a can. Even I can make that!! I didn’t know I was going to get CAKE MIX CUPCAKES. Otherwise I wouldn’t have placed an order with them. I am SO disappointed in their cake mix cupcakes and the fact that they couldn’t even have the common courtesy to a response from the petite cafe, I will not be ordering from them again. I can mix my own cupcake cake mix and pudding filling and obtain the same exact identical taste as they make…..and unsmashed to boot! I would not buy from a place that does not even show common courtesy to their customers. Thumbs down to Petite Cafe and their lack of respect for it’s customers both in an apology and for serving them Cake Mixes. My rating is 0 – no stars.

Cupcakes

American Defiant Cuisine Diner

The Petite Cafe  Restaurant Reviews

The Petite Cafe is located near the cities of Bloomfield, Belleville, Lyndhurst Twp, Lyndhurst, and Upr Montclair.
People found this by searching for: The Petite Cafe Nutley Nj, Le Petit Cafe Nutley Nj, Le Petit Cafe Nutley New Jersey, Le Petite Cupcake Nutley, Petite Cafe Nutley, Petite Cupcakes Nutley Nj, Petite Cafe Nutley Nj, and Le Petite Cafe Nutley.