The Red Coat Tavern

Cuisine: American, Catering, Lunch

The Red Coat Tavern is a American, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Lived in Michigan all my life, but now live in San Fran area. Red Coat is my "go to" for the best hamburger ever and also for Spanish Coffee. We sit at the bar (if we can find a seat) and have the best evening ever. Really miss this place."
"I love the blackened salmon and the creme brûlée is off the hook! Most people order hamburgers and I have to admit, they're pretty darn good too. If you get the hamburger, the onion rings are a must have..."
"All of the above"
"Love the filet mignon meal and the seasoned fries are yummy! Really good food and love to take out late night."
Cons
"Everything's wonderful!"
Comments
"Key Lime pie, ummm, ummm!"
pam_from_HP photo

pam_from_HP

Hazel Park, MI

Great burgers!

I started going to Red Coat Tavern over 30 years ago and have always had a great meal. I’m addicted to their Red Coat Burger and crave it at times. The only problem with this popular restaurant is the wait. It is small and cramped. Their clam chowder and onion rings are also terrific.

Red Coat Burger

Excellent beef, shredded lettuce, cheese, great bun. Everything a great burger should be!

RJA photo

RJA

Westland, MI

RJA

Dinner at Red Coat Tavern..6-22-2013 was Great… service was very good ,Joe our waiter set the tone for a good evening… Followed by our Perch Dinner which was out standing…We Will certainly return,,, Good Food!!!!!!!!! Good evening

alp1 photo

alp1

Detroit, MI

Can you say BURGER BLISS a must try

“Best burger in Detroit area”

This bar has the best burger I’ve ever had. I have tried a few other main courses, but 95% of the time when I go intending to try other delicious sounding things, I end up with the burger. I get it just how it comes, but there are multitudes of toppings you can add. There is practically always a wait at dinnertime as it’s not a huge place, so I try to go between 4 and 4:30 pm. They are now open on Sunday too. Keep wanting to try the shepard’s pie, but never get to it! If you live in this area you gotta go!

Burgers burgers burgers. You come here for the burgers! ...

Burgers burgers burgers. You come here for the burgers!

Ground Piedmontese beef that supposedly is lower fat than plain ol ground beef, but it doesn’t help when you load that burger up with bacon, grilled onions and blue cheese!

Other good burgers in the area: Bo Jacks, Nemos, and the Wagyu burger at Tribute (yum)!

January 18, 2012

Too Crowded and Too Expensive.

Too Crowded and Too Expensive. Overrated food for the price and definitely not worth the wait!

American Parking Catering
THOMAS0089

Chicago, IL
0 useful

McMoto

Berkley, MI
0 useful

The Red Coat Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

• 5/20/2016 A diner from Stow, OH tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 3/19/2016 A diner from Detroit, MI tried it, liked it, and rated it 4 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/23/2016 A diner from Lansing, MI tried it.

• 2/06/2016 A diner from Dublin, OH tried it.

• 11/13/2015 A diner from Oak Park, MI tried it.

• 11/08/2015 A diner from Royal Oak, MI tried it.

• 11/01/2015 A diner from Commerce Township, MI tried it and didn't like it.

• 8/24/2015 A diner from Martinez, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
  • 8/05/2015 A diner from Mount Pleasant, MI tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

• 8/04/2015 A diner from Dearborn, MI tried it.

The Red Coat Tavern is located near the cities of Huntington Woods, Pleasant Ridge, Madison Heights, Ferndale, and Berkley.
People found this by searching for: Red Coat Tavern Menu, Red Coat Tavern Royal Oak Mi, Redcoat Tavern Menu, Red Coat Tavern Royal Oak Menu, Red Coat Tavern Royal Oak Mi Menu, Redcoat Tavern, and Red Coat Tavern.