1030 N Water St
Milwaukee, WI 53202

The Rumpus Room

Neighborhoods: Juneau Town
Cuisine: Gastro Pub

The Rumpus Room is a Gastro Pub restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

KatieGirl2 photo

KatieGirl2

Appleton, WI

Great Appetizers!

I couldn’t wait to finally dine at the Rumpus Room. I still remember Eagans from years ago. The interior is a little more rustic but the layout is almost the same. I can’t say enough about how much I love the Skinny Fries. I had previously tried them at Lake Park Bistro and was looking forward to them again! My Sea Scallops were also delicious but a little oily. Overall the food was good but I prefer the atmosphere of Lake Park Bistro and Bacchus. I would definitely stop by again!

Skinny Fries

Always great!

Sea Scallops

Something different!

Anita4718 photo

Anita4718

Racine, WI

Another Great Meal from the Rumpus Room

After an afternoon at the Marcus for a Pops event; we all agreed to stop for a light dinner after the early show. Love the decor of the Rumpus Room. It has a European flavor – with emphasis on meat dishes and a long list of fine whiskeys and bourbons.

The place filledup fast once the theatre let out — a testament to their great food and homey atmosphere.

Duck confit

I started with Beer Cheese Soup made with cheddar and Weihenstephaner weiss beer. It was thick and rich..just what I imagined a great cheese soup. And so hearty!

The main course of Duck Confit came with baby spinach,fresh pluot, hazelnuts and a red wine-mustard vinaigrette. The duck leg was cooked to perfection. Crispy on the outside and with juicy dark meat on the inside.

We looked at the dessert menu but we just didn;t have room.
The food is all rich and full of flavor.

amgraubard photo

amgraubard

Milwaukee, WI

Terrific Place for a great meal

Rumpus Room is a beautiful restaurant with a fairly narrow variety of food with a wide range of prices. Though the menu is not large, the flavor of the food is. The wait staff is very attentive. We had a party of 15 people and they assigned two waiters. This resulted in the food coming out for the entire party at the same time. The staff was also very knowledgeable about the choices on the menu and the way the food was prepared. Its fine dining with a very reasonable cost.

Cuban Sandwich

Spending the last 28 years of my life in Miami, I know a good Cuban Sandwich when I have one. This is a great Cuban Sandwich. The only thing missing was the real Cuban bread. But aside from that, it was delicious. The combination of the ham and pork along with the cheese and pickles made me feel like I was back in Miami. The roll was a little crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Additionally, for $10, you can’t beat it.

lb8er photo

lb8er

Rich comfort food

Went to The Rumpus Room with a group of fellow diners during Downtown Dining Week. You could choose off of their regular menu or a prix fixe menu, which included an appetizer, main and dessert. I opted for the prix fixe in which I had a caprese salad, petite filet with scallops, and key lime cheesecake for dessert. The salad was nothing special, but the filet and scallops came with garlic mashed potatoes that were creamy and melted in your mouth, along with a side of fresh green beans. And, that key lime cheesecake – I’d go back for that! Even though it was busy due to Downtown Dining Week, our server was very attentive and nice, and the food came out of the kitchen at a good pace.

zarnowme photo

zarnowme

Another great Bartolotta restaurant

The Bartolotta’s have several tried and true restaurants in the Milwaukee area. The Rumpus Room is another great place to eat and drink in Milwaukee. The atmosphere is very welcoming and holds a classy pub feel that we all know here in Wisconsin. The food has all the great Wisconsin classics. Appetizers of WI cheese curds, rumaki and warm german-style pretzel and good ol’ beer cheese soup, just to name a few. Entrees you will find pork schnitzel, salmon or a big juicy steak or burger. Rumpus Room is a wonderful place to go for a classic Wisconsin meal!

Warm German-Style Pretzel with Beer Cheese Soup

All that you are looking for in a good old fashion german pretzel and warm cozy beer cheese soup. I wanted to talk about this item because it was perfect on a cold winter day in Wisconsin. Food was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be back!

eryngo photo

eryngo

Milwaukee, WI

Horrendous, frustrating, forget it.

Our group was not allowed to make reservations unless it was before 4:30pm or after 8:00pm. I had requested a Friday night so while slightly off-putting, this was understandable. I let Event Coordinator Megan know that 8:00pm was too late for our group and asked what we could do to work around that. I suggested a later date (January or February, after the holidays), a later time (7:00-7:30pm), a different day of the week (Monday), even splitting our party up into two different groups… but she said No to all of it. Because 4:30pm-8:00pm is their prime time (Megan’s term) and that’s their policy. “But,” she said, “you would be allowed to come after 8:00pm.”

Out of curiosity, I even offered to break our group up into multiple parties of four people, and space ourselves 15-20 minutes apart (so obviously, just like regular walk-ins) but she said No, it must be after 8:00pm because that’s the policy. Which made it clear to me at that point that it wasn’t about their policy or not seating a group… it was about holding her ground and not seating our group.

So if you have 12+ people and want to go to the Rumpus Room, be prepared to fight with the power-tripping control freak that bars the door… or save yourself the hassle and go to any of the other dozens of excellent restaurants in the immediate area. For instance, I highly recommend Ward’s House of Prime… Mary Kay happily accepted our last-minute reservation and we had a top notch experience!

Humorous twist (depending on how you look at it): Megan called me a week and a half later (after our entire group had made other plans) and said that she had spoken to her manager and just kidding, she can accommodate us after all. We obviously didn’t take the bait. To reinforce our decision, one of the girls in our group had already been to the Rumpus Room and in addition to the terrible service, she said she was “not enchanted” with the food.

Gastro Pub Downtown

The Rumpus Room  Restaurant Reviews

The Rumpus Room is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Rumpus Room Milwaukee, The Rumpus Room Happy Hour Milwaukee', Rumpus Room Happy Hour Milwaukee, Rumpus Room Milwaukee Menu, Rumpus Room Happy Hour, Rumpus Room Clear Menu, and Rumpus Room Milwaukee Happy Hour.