325 Columbus Ave
San Francisco, CA 94133

The Stinking Rose

Neighborhoods: North Beach
Cuisine: Italian, Private Parties, Vegetarian

The Stinking Rose is a Italian, Private Parties, and Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pasta-mushroom-300x199

meythodrider photo

meythodrider

San Francisco, CA

If you love garlic, this is your place.

I am a huge fan of garlic. I scoop spoonfuls into just about anything I make that goes well with garlic. Thus, I’d been looking forward to this restaurant for weeks.

The decor reminded me of Buca di Beppos mixed with an attempt to over-decorate for tourists. As expected, garlic nets and empty chianti bottles were hanging from nearly every piece of available ceiling real estate. Fortunately we don’t come out smelling like garlic… but we may have garlic sweat for the next few days.

Bagna Calda

Wonderfully original. Garlic bulbs oven roasted in olive oil and butter with a hint of achovies. This was wonderful for spreading on bread!

Porterhouse Pork Chop*

A generous slice of pork glazed with a slight sweet sauce. A little tough, but worth getting.

Sapphiresniper photo

Sapphiresniper

Toronto, ON

The decor was so cute, the waitstaff were...

The decor was so cute, the waitstaff were friendly and attentive. Our waiter actually thought he recognized my husband and I but I’d never been to San Francisco before.

I had:
Bagna Calda – (Garlic cloves, oven roasted in extra-virgin olive oil and butter with a hint of anchovy.) I thought it was pretty good, but I liked the oil best, the garlic cloves were too well cooked, they had no bite.

Garlic Hummus Cocktail – (with Toy Box Tomatos and Garlic Crostini) It wasn’t the worst hummus I’ve had, but it needed more garlic bite.

Half a Rack of Garlic Encrusted Baby Back Ribs – The Ribs were excellent. I didn’t even use the bbq dipping sauce because there was so much flavor in them. The Garlic Yukon Gold mashed potatoes were fantastic as well.

Garlic Ice Cream – This was by far my favorite thing of the night. I was really shocked by the pairing of bitter garlic with sweet caramel and ice cream. I loved it.

yukaEIC photo

yukaEIC

San Francisco, CA

Such a Fun Place with ALOT of Garlic!

Italian comfort food at best. Great for groups.
Pastas, fish, meat course all reasonably priced with hearty generous portion. Service is always professional and friendly.
It is not touristy! They are all for fresh local produce :)

Delfina

Italian in Marina

Steps of Rome Trattoria

Italian in Russian Hill

2/20/2020

A Steakhouse chowhound from Chengdu, 32 tried House of Prime Rib in Nob Hill.

2/19/2020

A chowhound from Alameda, CA tried Lapis in Hunters Point, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

2/17/2020

A diner from San Francisco, CA tried Cha-Ya Vegetarian Japanese in Mission Dolores and liked it.

2/17/2020

An American chowhound from Los Angeles, CA tried Cafe Bakery & Restaurant in Central Sunset.

2/16/2020

A diner from Santa Rosa, CA tried Joe's Coffee Shop in Central Richmond.

2/15/2020

A Mexican food lover from US tried Tres Agaves in South Beach.

2/12/2020

A Bagels chowhound from Oakland, CA tried cafe elena in The Embarcadero.

2/01/2020

A Pub Food chowhound from US tried Harrington's Bar & Grill in Financial District.

2/01/2020

A Pizza chowhound from Santa Rosa, CA tried Taraval Pizza in Central Sunset.

1/30/2020

A dining patron from King City, CA tried Baby's Eatery & Palabok in Mission Terrace.

Garlic Italian Italian Garlic Specialty
Sun-Sat 11:00AM - 11:00PM

The Stinking Rose  Restaurant Reviews

The Stinking Rose is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Address Of Thinking Rose Restaurants In San Francisco California, The Stinking Rose Catalog, Stinky Rose San Francisco Menu, Stinking Rose Yelp, Stinking Rose San Francisco, and Think In Rose Restaurant San Francisco.