1411 N 45th St

Tilth

Neighborhoods: Wallingford
Cuisine: American, Vegan, Contemporary

• 10/23/2018

An American food lover from Everett, WA tried it.

TheTripChick photo

TheTripChick

Seattle, WA

We were so happy that we asked how often the tasting menu ch

For someone who cannot stand peas to like a fresh pea soup, you know the kitchen is top-notch.

After hearing rave reviews from a friend, I just had to make a reservation. Said friend, upon hearing that I was heading to Tilth, decided to sacrifice having the same meal twice (wink wink) and joined me this Friday for Tilth’s five-course tasting menu with wine pairings.

We started with an amuse bouche of rhubarb with olive tapenade. I am not a rhubarb fan, but the olive tapenade was (you’ll sense a theme here soon) fresh and the flavors sublime.

First up, the English Pea Soup (pea leaves, crème fraîche, lemon balm) accompanied by a Reisling (2007 Gunderloch, ‘Jean-Baptiste’, Riesling, Rheinhessen, Germany). Truly, I hated peas in my high-chair but oh boy they knocked my socks off in this soup! Any fresher and I would have had to put the peas in a time-out in the corner. Consider my world rocked.

Next, a mushroom-something-I-couldn’t-remember-nor-pronoun ce (Morel Mushroom Plin: sheep sorrel, green garlic, cipollini onion) paired with an Italian white (2008 Pieropan, Soave, Italy). The pasta/mushroom/mushroom/onion/savory combination was absolutely wonderful, one of the standouts of the evening. We actually ran out of bread trying to sop up the mushroomy goodness at the bottom of our bowls.

The fish course was St. Jude’s Albacore Tuna (chickpea cake, yogurt-dill coulis, oven dried tomato) with 2008 Joseph Drouhin, Macon-Villages, France. I mean this in the best way possible: the first bite in which I was able to gather every individual ingredient onto my fork tasted in the most wonderful way like a McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish. Keep in mind that I have not tasted one of those since oh, say 1978, but honestly, it tasted like the best aspects of that iconic sandwich. Superb!

The final meaty course was the Grilled Eel River Sirloin (frisée, lardon vinaigrette, sous vide egg) paired with a nice Rioja (2007 Palacios Remondo, ‘Vendimia’, Rioja, Spain). Who knew grass-fed could taste so perfect? And, of course, the addition of a smoky lardon-y flavor (hiding discreetly underneath the frisee) took it over the top. I learned something new tonight: an individual french fry, dipped into an undercooked egg yolk, tastes amazing. Perhaps this is how mayonnaise first came about.

Dessert arrived early in the form of a subtly fizzed glass of Moscato (2008 Andrea Faccio, Moscato D’Asti, Italy). Resisting the urge to simply dive in and make a splashy mess, we held off until dessert arrived. It was an avocado mousse (candied ginger, cilantro syrup, lime). And it tasted like love. Goooooood stuff.

All courses were well-paired, and this just added to the overall lovely experience. We were so happy that we asked how often the tasting menu changed, already plotting and planning our next foray to Tilth.

And yes, we shall be returning soon.

April 16, 2011

OK - Too Pricey

Good: Ambience. Bad: ServiceMenu confusingSteak too gamey. Improvements: More variety on the menuSteak less gameyVery confusing for 1st time visitor. Other: I think that I would go back if the price was about 1/2. But with a moderately…
July 5, 2007

A very nice evening at Tilth

My wife took me there for my birthday. The service was excellent. Our server had great recommendations from the menu (you have to try the duck burgers!) The wine list is good and the food hit the spot.

Brasa

Sushi in Wallingford

Olympia Pizza & Spaghetti II

Pizza in Wallingford

12/10/2018

A Northwest food lover from Seattle, WA tried Basil's Kitchen, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Great food and friendly service
12/10/2018

A chowhound from Redmond, WA tried Two Step Wings, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Crispy amazing wings!!! The buffalo sauce and ranch were AMAZING
Comments
Order for dinner!
12/08/2018

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried Seattle's Best Teriyaki in SoDo and liked it.

12/03/2018

A diner from Glendale, AZ tried Great State Burger-Laurelhurst.

12/02/2018

An African food lover from US tried Cafe Soleil in Madrona, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Scramble, potatoes.
11/29/2018

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried Pho BAC in Belltown, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/21/2018

A dining patron from Seattle, WA tried Krittika's Noodles & Thai Cuisine in Green Lakes and liked it.

11/20/2018

A dining patron from Phoenix, AZ tried Sunfish in Alki and liked it. They liked the food.

11/18/2018

A Bakery & Pastries food lover from Seattle, WA tried Panera Bread, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

11/17/2018

An Italian food lover from Kent, WA tried Napoli Pizzeria & Ristorante in South Park.

American Vegan Contemporary
Tips
  • Gifts from the kitchen appear, like am amuse bouche to start the meal and a sweet treat with the check, like a small house-made carmel garnished with sea salt.
  • When fully packed, the room can be quite loud, like an overpacked dinner party. Go early or late to avoid the noise.
  • Brunch is offered on weekends, with items like eggs scrambled with truffle oil.
  • If ordering small plates, five between two people should do the trick.

Tilth  Restaurant Reviews

Tilth is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Tilth Wallingford Menu, Groupon Tilth, Tilth Rest, Seattle, Amuse Bouche + "Small House", Tilth Wallingford, Menu For Tilth Seattle, and Online Tilth Menu.