10 E Franklin St

Tio Pepe Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Downtown
Cuisine: Spanish, Lunch, American

Overall
Pros
"I have been to Tio's more times than I can count. I keep going back because the food is the same EVERY time you go! Delicious does not begin to describe the flavors and freshness of their food. Shrimp in Garlic sauce to die for and I am a fan of the Veal "
  • 2/13/2019

A Spanish chowhound from Baltimore, MD tried it.

• 8/12/2018

A Spanish food lover from Stewartstown, PA tried it.

• 9/01/2017

A Spanish chowhound from Wilmington, DE tried it.

• 6/19/2017

A diner from Hampton, VA tried it.

• 3/06/2017

A Spanish chowhound from Brooklyn, NY tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 1/25/2017

A Spanish chowhound from Washington, DC tried it.

• 4/23/2016

A diner from West Palm Beach, FL tried it.

• 3/20/2016

A diner from Halethorpe, MD tried it and liked it.

• 2/09/2016

A dining patron from Sterling, VA tried it.

• 1/15/2016

A diner from Baltimore, MD tried it.

ilovediningout photo

ilovediningout

Pikesville, MD

Tios remains my favorite all time restaurant.

The atmosphere at Tio Pepe’s is elegant, the food is slightly pricy, but the meal is worth it! I shared the paella with my sister. The presentation was fabulous. We each received 1/2 lobster, then the paella. Seafood, chicken, rice, and other ingredients were seasoned perfectly. We added the sangria – so light and smooth. After dinner we had spanish coffee (it is so much fun to watch them prepare this drink at your table). Then finished with dessert – a pine nut roll and chocolate roll. We adored the pine nut roll. Neither of us were crazy about the chocolate roll. The maitre d was so considerate. My sister walks with a cane and he was careful when he seated us so she wouldn’t have to walk far or feel uncomfortable. Our wait staff was polite and professional. And we were simply delighted when the chef (who happens to also be part owner) visited us briefly at our table. Tio’s – you have it all – great food, ambiance, staff, and of course – sangria!

paella (for two)

wow. excellent. worth every penny. The presentation – slicing the lobster lengthwise – was beautiful. Preparing our dishes at tableside was unusual.

Ladyhawk photo

Ladyhawk

Baltimore, MD

A Ramsay-esque Kitchen Nightmare in Baltimore

The prices at Tio Pepe are HIGH, but the ability to deliver is non existent. Where to start…the shrimp in garlic sauce was made with small frozen precooked shrimp…this is a signature dish at 12.50 USD. The service, bad. The food finally hit the table cold! My wife ordered the Duck at $25, it was burned and the rice was cold and the green beans were not only cold, but a mix of beans of various shades of gray and green. Oddly enough, while the leg of the duck was burned off, the skin was not crispy. I ordered a beef kebob @ $25 that was undercooked and …wait for it!!! The rice and greens beans with my kebob were cold also and the beans really looked like they reuse the food not eaten by other customers. On a positive note the sangria, while expensive, is potent and does take the edge off a bad experience. What was really surprising was when we told the waiter that we could not eat the food and he took it away, no one came to apologize or ask us if they could do anything. The waiter merely returned with the check for the shrimp and the Sangria. Tio Pepe may have been a great place at one time, but that time has long since passed. There are better places to go to in Baltimore.

August 29, 2010

Best CARACOLES(escargot) in town!!!

Good: Everything about this place is first rate. I've been going there ever since I was a teenager. My friends mother used to be a editor for The Baltimore Sun and took us there on their account... Thanks for not only my first fine dining…
August 30, 2010

Retort 2 sanzjr

Well I have to admit I haven't actually had a main course there in many years, but I do go specifically for the caracoles. I stand firm of 5star review for the escargot, but may be over-rating them for dinner. Now I feel I must go back to…
March 22, 2010

Still a great place to eat

Still as great as ever. First time I've been in more than a decade, but I was pleased to see that it is still fantastic. Can't wait to go again.

Spanish Parking Dinner
Tips
  • Casual attire is appropriate for daytime, but jackets are required for dinner.
  • Perfection, and good paella, takes time. Allow 25 minutes for preparation.
  • Reservations are recommended two to three weeks in advance for dinner. Walk-ins are welcome for weekday lunch.
No 1 Taste

Roast Beef in Morrell Park

Giovanna's Carry-Out

Pizza in Hamilton Area

Tio Pepe Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Tio Pepe Restaurant is located near the cities of East Case, Fells Point, Canton, and Morrell Park.
People found this by searching for: Restaurant Week Baltimore Md Tio Pepe, Tio Pepe Baltimore Md, Tio Pepe Restaurant Baltimore, Tio Pepe Restaurant, Tio Pepe Restaurant Baltimore Menu, Tio Pepe Franklin St Baltimore 21202 Menues, Tio Pepe Restaurant Baltimore Md, Tio Pepe Baltimore Menu, and Tio Pepe Baltimore.