4646 Convoy St
San Diego, CA 92111

Tofu House

Neighborhoods: Kearny Mesa
Cuisine: Korean, Organic, Soups

Tofu House is a Korean, Organic, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped less than 15%.

• 3/27/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 2/22/2015

A diner from Los Angeles, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Highly recommand!!! Not only the price is surprisingly re...

Highly recommand!!! Not only the price is surprisingly reasonable, the food quality is sooo sooo good. Good for those who eat less and those who eat a lot, since you can order as many rice as you want with those tofu soup. This tofu house is better than that in Millbrae, but it serves less side dishes.

turtley photo

turtley

Irvine, CA

Average Korean food

Situated in the middle of Convoy, there are a ton of Asian options around here. The restaurant is pretty popular among students, but the food is very average. I got the Meat Party Bowl (something like this) and I thought the meat was pretty poor quality. I tried some tofu and it wasn’t bad, but nothing about the food stands out. There is relatively small selection of side dishes (4), but you can get all the juice and lemonade you want. Nice place to come if you are feeling some tofu.

Sun_ah photo

Sun_ah

San Diego, CA

truly, horrible, awful customer service from the MANAGER!

The only reason I am even giving them 1 star is because I can NOT give 0 stars.

The place has good food. I even went out of my way to get their Soon Dubu (tofu soup), when I live rather far away.

Unfortunately, the manager (tall, skinny man) acted like a chauvinistic pig and was rude and dismissive. Told me there was a “store policy” about substitutions. I’ve asked and been given substitutions on many, many times before. This “store policy” is NOT written on their menu. I looked on the entire menu. I told them that this store policy is not on the menu. He refused to even discuss it.

I told them multiple times today before my food came that I canNOT eat kimchee or other spicy food. I told them repeatedly that it will make me SICK.

On top of that, when my food came, they included the kimchee and spicy pickles or something. I gave it back to the manager and told him this will make me sick. He still refused to give me something else. They have seasoned fish cake in the back. They’ve given me this in the past instead of kimchee. I would have happily taken 1 thing of fish cake in exchange for 2 spicy dishes. I realize fish cake may be more expensive than kimchee.

I decided if I can’t have what I been given many, many other times without ANY issues, I wanted my money back. At least they did give me the money back. there are plenty of other places that serve soon dubu (tofu soup) without any complaint.

On top of that, they are now saying they accept “CASH ONLY”. They say it’s only on the weekends because they’re so busy. hmmm. seems strange to me. And they’ve always accepted my card before regardless whenever I came in. Their menu says they accept credit cards. But they have a sign both inside and facing out that says cash only. So which is it?

I ended up going to Korea House. It was $1 more and not “as you wish”, but there service was TOP NOTCH. The hostess went out of her way to make me happy. I saw her do the same thing with other customers in Korea House. Korea House is in the business to make their customers happy. However, I was rather disappointed by Korea House’s soup. It’s not thick the way I like it. I’m going to try “Convoy Tofu House” or somewhere else next time.

Super Cocina

Lunch in Kearny Mesa

Tapioca Express

Coffee in Kearny Mesa

10/24/2020

A Chinese chowhound from US tried Panda Country Restaurant in North Clairemont and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

10/24/2020

A Chinese food lover from La Mesa, CA tried Peach Blossom Chinese Restaurant in Lake Murray.

10/24/2020

An American chowhound from San Diego, CA tried IHOP in Mira Mesa.

10/23/2020

A food lover from San Diego, CA tried New Manila Restaurant in Mira Mesa.

10/23/2020

A diner from San Diego, CA tried Golden House in Otay Mesa West, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Our favorite restaurant.
10/23/2020

A Chinese food lover from San Diego, CA tried Panda Inn in North Clairemont.

10/21/2020

A Burgers food lover from San Diego, CA tried IHOP in Mission Valley East.

10/21/2020

A diner from San Diego, CA tried Remy's in Golden Hill.

10/20/2020

A Steakhouse chowhound from US tried Black Angus Restaurant in Midway District, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fond memories of medium rare prime rib and ribeye meals.
Cons
None.
10/20/2020

A Chinese food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Nha Hang Quoc Te and liked it.

Korean Tofu Organic
Sipz Cafe

Vegetarian in Clairemont Mesa

Rockie's Frozen Yogurt

Frozen Yogurt in Clairemont Mesa

Greek Islands Cafe

Greek in Marina

Tofu House  Restaurant Reviews

Tofu House is located near the cities of San Diego County, Hillcrest, Coronado, and Old Town San Diego.
People found this by searching for: Tofu House San Diego Menu, Tofu House Menu Mira Mesa, Tofu House San Diego, Tofu House Clairemont, Convoy Tofu House Menu, Tofu House, and Tofu House Convoy.