19143 Bloomfield Ave
Cerritos, CA 90703

Tofu Village

Neighborhoods: ABC
Cuisine: Korean, Lunch, Organic

Tofu Village is a Korean, Lunch, and Organic restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go and paid between $10 and $25.

• 12/14/2015

A Korean food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried it.

• 9/15/2013

A dining patron from Hermosa Beach, CA tried it.

mgpinkish photo

mgpinkish

Cerritos, CA

Sizzling Hot Soft Tofu

As the restaurant’s name suggests, their specialty is tofu (soft tofu). There are many varieties of soon toobu to choose from. All contain some type of meat in it. My mom somehow managed to have their cook (an elderly woman who I’m pretty sure does not work there anymore or if she does, works less hours there) make our soon toobu with as minimal traces of meat possible. If this particular cook makes it for us, the soon toobu contains soft tofu, jalapeno, spices, seafood ingredients and broth that does not smell like beef. It’s almost a completely different smelling/tasting soon toobu when a different person cooks for us.

The restaurant itself isn’t big but it isn’t small either. They offer ice cream to those that dine in as well as to those that order take out. I’m not sure if they still offer ice cream, though as the machine was not working the last two times my mom visited the restaurant.

The owner (male) of the restaurant is really nice. I love how he’s nice to both Koreans and non-Koreans. (Business run by Koreans in Cerritos are often a miss when it comes to service. I can only name a few businesses run by Koreans within the city that are nice to both Koreans and non-Koreans and/or offer fair service to all.)

Although the owner and that one particular cook are the highlights of this restaurant, the same can’t be said of the waitresses. It has come to my mother’s attention that their waitresses never give an adequate amount of side dishes which come included with the soon toobu order.

Korean cuisine, in general is not vegetarian friendly. If you’re not a complete vegetarian, you might want to give the soon toobu at this restaurant a try.

The restaurant itself is located by New Peking Wok and Carrow’s. There’s also always a parking space available by the restaurant.

FYI: I’ve never dined inside; I’ve only eaten their “soon toobu” (soft tofu) as take out.

Rating: I would have given 4 stars if it weren’t for the inadequate amount of side dishes given.

Korean Lunch Parking

Tofu Village  Restaurant Reviews

Tofu Village is located near the cities of Artesia, La Palma, Hawaiian Gardens, Bellflower, and Cypress.
People found this by searching for: Korean Tofu Cerritos, Tofu Village Menu Price In Cerritos, Ca, Tofu Village Cerritos, Tofu Village Cypress, Abc Cerritos, Tofu Village Cerritos Menu, and Tofu Village Cerritos Ca.