Tofu Ya

Neighborhoods: West Los Angeles
Cuisine: Korean, Catering, Soups

Tofu Ya is a Korean, Catering, and Soups restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Just so-so soon tofu

Apparently there aren’t many korean tofu places in the Sawtelle area, because this place was pretty busy on the evening I went. We had to wait about 20 minutes for a table for 3.

Tofu Ya occupies a small space on Sawtelle next to a ramen restaurant and some quirky japanese shops. The decor is pleasant and ethnic, but not overly spectacular. Service was quick and efficient.

Perhaps it was just what I ordered, but I wasn’t overly impressed with Tofu Ya’s dishes. My dining companions seemed happier about their choices, so next time I’ll give those a try.

Given the lack of tofu restaurants in the area, I’ll definitely be back to try something different.

Kimchi Soon Tofu

Way too much kimchi and kimchi juice made this extra sour and tart. I couldn’t taste the meat or the other spices in the dish. Additionally, the dish came out just mildly hot instead of boiling hot, which made adding an extra egg for flavor a difficult proposition.

jacobkev photo

jacobkev

Brentwood, CA

Poor customer service and unsanitary place

First impressions last and unfortunately I had the displeasure of coming here. I’ve told friends who asked about this place not to come here. Some short guy who greeted us was really rude and deserved to be punched out. If I come here again and see him I might punch his little stupid ass out! I don’t appreciate driving here finding pain in the ass parking then be greeted by a little rude troll.

Place looks dirty too so we left after troll was so damn rude to me and my family.

crap

Tofu Korean Catering
Sun-Wed,Fri-Sat 11:30AM - 09:30PM

Tofu Ya  Restaurant Reviews

• 11/30/2014 A diner from San Francisco, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it 5 stars. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Tofu Ya is located near the cities of Civic Center Little Tokyo, Sanford, Dockweiler, Windsor Hills, and August F Haw.
People found this by searching for: Tofu Ya Sawtelle, Tofu Ya, Tofuya Sawtelle, Tofu Ya Menu, Tofuya Sawtelle Menu, Tofuya Menu, and Tofu Ya Sawtelle Menu.