8516 122nd Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033-5831

Tommy Thai's Restaurant

Neighborhoods: North Rose Hill
Cuisine: Thai, Lunch, Breakfast

Tommy Thai's Restaurant is a Thai, Lunch, and Breakfast restaurant where most Menuism users came for a meal on the go, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Cheap decent food"
  • 10/29/2015

A dining patron from Redmond, WA tried it and liked it.

• 3/15/2014

A Thai food lover from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Cheap decent food
  • 11/02/2013

A Thai chowhound from Redmond, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food.

• 7/14/2013

A Thai chowhound from US tried it.

• 7/12/2013

A diner from Auburn, WA tried it.

• 6/28/2013

A dining patron from Woodinville, WA tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

bluerhapsodies photo

bluerhapsodies

Redmond, WA

identity crisis

This place feels like a family-owned restaurant that tries too hard to look and feel fancy. In my opinion they should either be down-to-earth and run like a mom-and-pop restuarant or hire more professional wait staff, not be something in-between.

Perhaps I’m just biased. I went by to order take-outs and was going to run an errand instead of waiting there. The place was empty and the phone was silent. I made my order and gave the waitress my credit card. Instead of taking care of me first, she took a long delivery order on the phone, holding onto my credit card, and had me standing there the whole time. I didn’t find that very professional.

This place has changed owners relatively recently. I never saw this place full or crowded and it seems like it is still the case. Perhaps most of their customers do take-outs or delivery.

All that said, their food is not bad and not expensive either. The general lack of restaurant variety in the north rosehill area makes this place worth a try.

They do free delivery within a 2-mi radius, minimum order $25.

garlic delight with tofu

green curry with chicken

there’s lychee in this.

white rice for two

what can i say about rice? :)

justin photo

justin

Tasty thai to go

Tommy’s is quick, fast, and relatively cheap. They have some pretty good lunch specials ($6.75) that hit the spot and the food was ready 10 minutes after calling in. It gives other fast foods a run for the money by offering normal food for a good price.

B. Swimming Angel Special

I’m a glutton for peanut sauce plus it comes with jasmine rice and some pretty decent pad thai.

john photo

john

San Jose, CA

Quick and clean thai on the Eastside

Tommy Thai’s a great place to pick up a quick meal to go. The prices are very decent and the food quality is good for what you’re paying, especially since the interior is a lot cleaner and nicer than the strip mall it’s in would suggest.

They recent underwent a change of ownership, which means a nice refinishing of the interior. The menu hasn’t changed much, and I’m glad to see the food still remains a good value.

Pad See Ew

Nothing “ew” about this. Good flavor on these wide rice noodles.

LittleJu photo

LittleJu

Seattle, WA

Quick fix

We were on the way heading over to Thai kitchen, but the traffic got so stuck that we saw Tommy Thai in the corner.

Some reviews on menuism came to mind, so we decided to follow reviews for a quick fix. Yeah, foodha reviews saved our Saturday afternoon hunger!

Their selection is a bit limited, but tasted good, maybe just because we were too hungry. I’ll recommend it as a “to go” for future.

Also, do double check the price b4 pay bill, i think we were over-charged from menu price this time.

Panang Curry with Beef

Beef sautéed in panang curry paste and coconut milk with carrots, bell pepers, basil and shredded lime leaves. I am not a big fan of beef, but beef tasted very tender.

Summer spicy with Tofu

Sauteed fried tofu with bamboo shoot, onions, basil, bell pepers, mushrooms, and carrots in a hot spicy wine sauce.
Wow, a lot of veggie!

lindseylatch photo

lindseylatch

Redmond, WA

Good Food, Wish There Was Less Seafood

I really enjoyed the Garlic Chicken. VERY garlicy and spicy, although the quality of the chicken was not fabulous.
The Tom Yum was nothing special, tasted like what I make at home, and there’s a reason I usually order it from restaurants. ;)
All of their appetizers with meat seem to have seafood (except the satay), which was a bit of a disapointment, as I can’t stand seafood.

Confucius photo

Confucius

Seattle, WA

OK food, variety, quick and clean

Confucius says: Double check thy bill.

This is your typical plaza Thai place but the interior is nicer and cleaner than expected. Food came relatively quickly and the waiter is pretty friendly. Seems like he may be the boss since usually bossman tend to be nicer to customers than your average joe waiter.

Turn down: they charged $1 for rice per person. Also, I’m not certain but they may have over charged us for lunch dish. The menu said lunch = 6.50 or so, but the bill came showing 8.50. Probably my mistake (weekend rate?), but thought I would report here anyway.

Delivery Thai Parking

Catering in Totem Lake

Dinner Delivery Plus

Deli in Totem Lake

Tommy Thai's Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Tommy Thai's Restaurant is located near the cities of Houghton, Juanita, Totem Lake, Beaux Arts Village, and Hunts Point.
People found this by searching for: Tommy Thai Menu, Tommy Thai Lychee, Tommy Thai Menu Kirkland, Thai Kirkland, Tommy Thai's Restaurant Kirkland, Wa, Tomy Thai Menu, Tommy Thai's Restaurant, Tommy Thai Kirkland Menu, and Tommy Thai Kirkland.