655 Montgomery St

Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine

Neighborhoods: Financial District
Cuisine: Chinese, Gluten Free, French

• 7/08/2018

A Chinese chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 9/07/2013

A dining patron from San Francisco, CA tried it.

• 7/24/2013

A Chinese chowhound from San Francisco, CA tried it and liked it. They liked the food and liked the service.

mandeelish photo

mandeelish

Santa Clara, CA

High class Chinese food?

This is definitely the first time I’ve had Chinese food described as haute cuisine. But that’s what Tommy Toy’s does.

You walk in, and the look is very opulent, but in a traditional Chinese way. Almost gawdy, I have to say.

I had their dine about town menu, which had 4 courses – appetizer, soup, and 2 main entrees. I didn’t get to see their regular menu, but looking at other patrons’ tables, looks like there isn’t family style dining served here.

Food was unique, and presented well. The servers were courteous and explained dishes as they arrived.

My favorite course was the soup. It was a lobster bisque served on what looked like a ceramic coconut shell. But on top was a puffed pastry baked onto the bowl. So the soup had a huge pastry bubble on it. I must say the pastry mixed with the soup was good. And I love bisque, and this one wasn’t too heavy.

I almost forgot I was in a Chinese restaurant though, and the food I don’t know if I’d call it Chinese, either. But it was an interesting dining experience.

Chinese Financial Dist Embarc
Mon-Fri 11:30AM - 02:30PM
Sun,Sat 05:30PM - 09:30PM

Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine  Restaurant Reviews

Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine is located near the cities of Hayes Valley, Mission District, , Chinatown, and Haight Ashbury.
People found this by searching for: Tony Toys Chinesr Restaurant San Franciso, Tommy Toy's Yelp, Tommy Toy's Haute Cuisine, Tomy Toys Restaurant San Francisco, Tommy Toys Restaurant Exterior Pics, Seven Course Imperial Dinner In San Francisco Restaurant, Tommy Toys, and San Francisco , Chainese Restuarant Tommy Toi.