1500 Pembina Hwy
Winnipeg, MB R3T

Tony Roma's

Neighborhoods: Crescent Park
Cuisine: BBQ, Gluten Free, American

Tony Roma's is a BBQ, Gluten Free, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 10/29/2017

A BBQ food lover from Winnipeg, MB tried it and liked it.

• 11/13/2015

A BBQ food lover from Winnipeg, MB tried it and liked it.

annemarie photo

annemarie

Winnipeg, MB

Staff needs allergen training

Twice so far I have gone to Tony Roma’s on Pembina in Winnipeg.

Last year, I informed the server that I was gluten free and asked what I could eat. She was very informed as to what i could eat. I ordered a steak and when it arrived it was sitting on top of a pile of breaded onions.

She took it back to the kitchen and brought it back in under 2 minutes. They had scraped most of the breaded onions off and returned the same plate to me. The server then seemed put out that I wanted a new steak. Finally I got my steak minus the breaded onions.

The second time I went to this restaurant was a year later. This time the server had no idea as to what was gluten free on the menu at all. She wanted me to tell her what I wanted and she would go back and ask the staff.

After going back and forth to the kitchen she suggested the teriyaki chicken insisting that it was gluten free. Both of their chicken options are NOT gluten free as both of them have soy sauce as a main ingredient.

Then when I ordered a steak – not really what I wanted but the only thing on their menu that I have eaten before and have not had an adverse reaction to – it came on a bed of breaded onions again.

Their kitchen staff needs to be training as to what in their menu is gluten free and not to serve their steaks on breaded onions to people who state before ordering that they are on a gluten free diet.

I normally tip about 10 to 20 % depending on the service. I did not tip on this occaision as this was not the first time I had gone to this restaurant and had horrible service and ill informed servers. But the fact that the kitchen staff was insisting that soy sauce was gluten free really alarmed me.

**NEW** 9 oz Filet Mignon

When I finally received my meal it was good even though it arrived well after everyone else’s order had arrived and most of them were finishing up.

I normally tip about 10 to 20 % depending on

BBQ Fort Garry Gluten Free

Tony Roma's  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Tony Roma's Menu Winnipeg, Tony Roma's Restaurant Winnipeg, Tony Roma's Winnipeg Menu, Tony Romas Winnipeg Menu, Tony Roma's Winnipeg, Tony Romas Winnipeg, and Menu For Tony Roma's In Winnipeg.