Toucan Taco

Cuisine: Mexican, Catering, Lunch

Toucan Taco is a Mexican, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

• 4/18/2016

A dining patron from Sykesville, MD tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/06/2015

A diner from Shelby, NC tried it and liked it.

• 1/26/2014

A Mexican chowhound from Atlanta, GA tried it and liked it.

Fred4Tippys photo

Fred4Tippys

Baltimore, MD

It's not for everybody but... I LOVE this place!!

I’ve been coming here since way back in the late 1970’s, when it was still Tippy’s Tacos (my family still calls it Tippy’s)! I live in Baltimore, and don’t get down there as often as I’d like.

I have to say right off the bat that this place is NOT for everybody. If you’re looking for “authentic Mexican” food, then this place is not for you. If you’re looking for a “Latin American” restaurant, then this place is not for you. If you’re looking for anything remotely resembling a “fancy restaurant,” then this place is not for you. IF, however, you’re looking for some really great, if admittedly non-complex, Tex-Mex food, then I’d strongly suggest you at least give this place a shot.

My absolute favorite: the sunken meat burrito. Very yummy, and I LOVE the mystery gravy! Next favorite would be the meat tacos. The chili con queso is possibly the best I’ve ever had, and while I like the hot sauce in the big generic ketchup/mustard squeeze containers, I just wish it were hotter. I love the food so much, I usually end up ordering a combo dinner then, sitting back wondering what else I might order since I’m not sure how long it will be before I’m back….

Sunken Beef Burrito

A big, fat beef burrito, smothered in spicy Mexican gravy and cheese, then baked to a perfect yumminess!

October 16, 2008

Great hole in the wall

This is one of the first places I reviewed on Yahoo's website about 10 years ago. I gave it a good review then, and I'll give a good one now...because one of the things I like about this place is consistency. Although they're recently…
July 29, 2008

One of my favorite places to eat!!!!

I've been going to Toucan's, which used to be Tippy's, since forever!\r I love their food and often prefer it to "authentic Mexican restaurants.\r Their cheese and guacamole dips are excellent and they have a very nice variety of menu…

6/20/2018

A dining patron from Waldorf, MD tried Sky Cafe, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/19/2018

A dining patron from Glendale, CA tried P.F. Changs in Downtown Pasadena, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
I've had several items from their menu and everything has been excellent. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants a great meal for a modest price.
6/09/2018

A dining patron from Laurel, MD tried Chi Bal, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

6/03/2018

A Chinese chowhound from US tried Wenny's.

6/01/2018

A Deli food lover from TX tried Linny's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Fantastic Italian cold cut sub! Fast, friendly service and very reasonable. If you're houngry and close to Main St. in Laurel, stop in and get a sub, you won't regret it.
5/02/2018

A diner from Laurel, MD tried Linny's, liked it, and rated it . They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

4/22/2018

A dining patron from Severn, MD tried Linny's.

4/02/2018

A BBQ chowhound from Laurel, MD tried Red Hot & Blue and liked it.

3/13/2018

A diner from US tried Red Lobster.

3/13/2018

A diner from Elkridge, MD tried Famous Kabob & Karahi and liked it.

$30 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $15

Buy Now 50% off

$30 Gift Certificate
Your Price: $15

Buy Now 50% off
Mexican Caribbean & Latin American Cuisine Restaurant Specialty - Tacos

Toucan Taco  Restaurant Reviews

Toucan Taco is located near the cities of Southern Md Facility, North Laurel, South Laurel, Maryland City, and Savage Guilford.
People found this by searching for: Sunken Burrito, Toucan Taco Queso Dip Recipe, Tucan Taco Laural Md, Toucan Taco Queso Recipe, Toucan Taco Menu, Toucan Taco, Toucan Taco Reviews, and Tippys Taco Secret Queso Recipe.