2904 45th St
Highland, IN 46322-2907

Town Club Restaurant

Cuisine: American, Seafood, American Traditional

Town Club Restaurant is a American, Seafood, and American Traditional restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
Pros
"prime rib was excellant"
"St.patricks day. Food awful oozed off plate.bathroom was disgusting but not as bad as kitchen. Accidentally went there not knowing where bathroom was. SHOULD BE CONDEMNED. I WILL CALL STATE MEN WERE RUDE WAITRESS TOLD ME SHE WAS HUNG OVER. please save mon"
"Food was delicious. Clam chowder was one of the best I have had."
"The shrimp is the best I've ever eaten."
"Great food at a reasonable price"
Cons
"Service was mediocre. Had to flag the server to order an appetizer, busboy brought our ice teas, another server brought us our food after a bit if a wait. The server we had was busy talking to people she knew and we seemed we were an inconvenience to her."
  • 8/13/2019

A dining patron from Schererville, IN tried it.

• 7/05/2019

An American chowhound from Schaumburg, IL tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 5/24/2019

An American food lover from US tried it.

• 5/14/2019

An American food lover from Schererville, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

Pros
    prime rib was excellant
  • 4/19/2019

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 3/17/2019

A dining patron from Highland, IN tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They didn't like the food, didn't like the service, and didn't like the ambiance.

• 9/29/2018

A diner from Highland, IN tried it, didn't like it, and rated it . They liked the food, didn't like the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    Food was delicious. Clam chowder was one of the best I have had.
    Cons
  • 3/19/2018

An American food lover from Munster, IN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 2/28/2018

A diner from US tried it.

• 12/05/2017

An American food lover from US tried it.

chris46319 photo

chris46319

Griffith, IN

Good restaurant with lots of atmosphere.

Not quite a supper club. Not quite a chain. It’s a good place to eat. I have been going here for almost 30 years and very little has changed. Same family of owners. The owner visits the tables every night with a smile and genuine concern.

tmarie photo

tmarie

St John, IN

Great Locally Owned Restaurant!

Have been going to this great local – family owned – restaurant for over 15 years!
I always have a great time…customers are happy, staff is friendly and the food is delicious.
Lunch time meals are the BEST VALUE when you compare to other national-chain foods. You will not walk away hungry. The evening dinners are good too!! A bit of a step back in time, but where else will you find side-relishes and soup or salad and a full meal for under $28?…and they run specials like $15.95 meals in June and whole live maine Lobster Dinner for $44 dollars? WOW

Whole Lobster

this special evening doesn’t come around enough – - only every 6 to 8 weeks!!! must – have – more – lobster !!

cynda photo

cynda

Hobart, IN

Run, don't walk away from this restaurant

Although the service was top notch and my steak was fabulous, my mom’s ribs were VERY overdone, really burned. Even the waitress agreed, and offered a half rack to take home. However, when the owner came to the table and we told him of our disappointment he took the ribs and told us we were wrong. Excuse me, but I have eaten the best restaurants in Chicago and never, AND I MEAN NEVER has an owner followed me out of the restaurant and told me me that I was wrong. He was relentless! If I was disappointed at another place, they apologized and offered a dessert, etc. He acted like he was doing us a favor to give us a half rack because the dinner was so sub-par. I think he needs a little humility and should know that the customer is always right. Although I have enjoyed the Town Club in the past, I will NEVER go back again. The owner is so arrogant and needs to know what it is to be a good business owner – but of course he won’t. I feel sorry for the servers, apparently they know what kind of guy he is. It’s really a shame because this was one of our favorite places – no more.

MaliceImboden photo

MaliceImboden

Chicago, IL

Valentine's Day Massacre

I lived down the street from this restaurant for years and very much enjoyed their steak sandwiches and good service for two years. When my beau and I decided on a Valentine’s Day steak dinner while back in town to visit friends, I thought it was a no brainer.

That was a huge mistake.

Only one waitress was working the back of the restaurant, it seemed. It took a long time to get our order in, even longer to get our steak, and by the time our food came out I was so frustrated and hungry I just wanted to eat as quickly as possible and get out.
It wasn’t until I was a third of the way through my steak that I realized two things: my prime rib was way overdone, and it was terrible. My beau on the other hand, could not say enough good things about his steak sandwich. After bagging the rest of this crappy piece of meat that I’d paid $24 for, and another half hour for our check to arrive (this waitress just couldn’t keep up, but not her fault, she was by herself), we paid and left.
We went on our visit, told our friends what happened, and they seem surprised. They are regulars and always get good service. Then I showed them the hellacious “prime rib”, and my beau’s leftover steak sandwich. They quickly saw what happened: my prime rib ended up on my beau’s sandwich and I got the crappy cut of steak they use for sandwiches. Me being so frustrated and hungry, I’d completely overlooked it.
I didn’t want to write this review till I had simmered down, but it’s two months later and I’m still steamed that the Valentine’s dinner I’d been looking forward to all week was ruined by the sheer incompetency of this place. I will NEVER be back, or recommend this place to anyone again.

Prime Rib

Aside from the fact that it ended up with the wrong person, it was not tender and it was overdone.

American Seafood American Traditional

Town Club Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Town Club Restaurant is located near the cities of Griffith and Hammond.
People found this by searching for: Town Club Restaurant, Town Club Highland Lunch Special, Town Club Highland Indiana, Town Club Highland, Town Club Restaurant Highland Indiana Menu, Town Club Highland In, The Town Club Highland In, Town Club Highland Indiana Dinner Menu, and Town Club Restaurant Highland, In 46322.