2707 E Lake St
Minneapolis, MN 55406

Town Talk Diner

Neighborhoods: Longfellow
Cuisine: Diner, American, Crepes

Town Talk Diner is a Diner, American, and Crepes restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Diner Food, Upscale Prices

The Town Talk Diner is an interesting twist on diner food. There are some of your basic breakfast items (pancakes, bacon, eggs) served all day long. Other diner type items include fried chicken, burgers macaroni & cheese, meatloaf and grilled cheese, but this is not your typical plastic plate, never ending coffee joint.

The patio out front overlooks busy Lake street. Although the area is steadily improving, the Town Talk is definitely ahead in the trend department. On the inside an old school diner bar houses hungry patrons on red vinyl stools. In the back is the dining area which is sleek and classy in an odd sort of way. Dim lights, brick walls, metal everything. Wait staff seems friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is fun.

As I mentioned, there are lots of comfort foods too choose from. The prices, on the other hand, might make you a bit uncomfortable. Makes sense I suppose, but if you’re looking for a cheap meal on the run, Town Talk is not that sort of place. I would have really liked to have tried the fried chicken, but at the same time I couldn’t bring myself to order it with a price tag of $18.

My party tried a variety of different dishes including fried cheese curds (It’s the Minnesota in me), the ham and brie sandwhich, a kobe burger with garlic and parsley fries, pancakes, and the biscuit and gravy special. Everything was above average and add a 40 of PBR served in an ice bucket and you have yourself a good time.

Overall, the service and food did it for me. My only complaint would be the biscuits I ate. Rather dense and dry for my liking. No complaints from the rest of my group though and the bite of the Kobe burger I had was to die for. I think this would be a fun place to go out with friends. Definitely has something unique to offer Minneapolis, but being the poor 20-something that I am I will have to save the Town Talk for special occasions.

Biscuits & Gravy Special at Town Talk Diner

Biscuits & Gravy Special

2 biscuits served with sausage gravy and 2 eggs on top any way you like them. Everything about this dish was good except for the biscuits. Being they are the center piece of the dish I was hoping for something light, fluffy and amazing, but these fell short. The gravy on the other hand had a bit of a spicy kick to it which I thought was awesome. The sunnyside up eggs and gravy made this dish okay, but I probably wouldn’t order it again because of the C- biscuits.

Diner American Dinner
Tue-Thu 04:00PM - 12:00AM (Bar)
Tue-Thu 04:00PM - 02:00AM (Bar)
Tue-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM (Restaurant)
Cyrjeus7cr3on6aby-acqe
Soofaye

Minneapolis, MN
0 useful

Dvsibo1ewr3ymhaby-mumt
Riz

Fargo, ND

Town Talk Diner  Restaurant Reviews

Town Talk Diner is located near the cities of Saint Anthny Vlg, St Anthony, and Saint Anthony.
People found this by searching for: Town Talk Diner, Talk Time Diner Minneapolis, Upscale Diner Foods, Diner Special, Town Talk Diner Menu, Chomp Biscuits, Content, and Town Talk Diner Minneapolis.