2940 S 13th St
Milwaukee, WI 53215

Tucanazo El

Neighborhoods: Polonia
Cuisine: Mexican, Seafood, Oysters

Tucanazo El is a Mexican, Seafood, and Oysters restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Overall
  • 10/22/2016

A diner from Cottage Grove, WI tried it.

• 7/30/2016

A dining patron from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 4/06/2015

• 3/15/2015

A Mexican chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it and liked it.

• 2/18/2015

A Mexican chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 1/09/2015

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/26/2014

A diner from Chicago, IL tried it and liked it. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 12/17/2014

• 8/23/2014

A Mexican food lover from Chicago, IL tried it.

• 2/23/2014

A Mexican chowhound from Chicago, IL tried it.

Observer photo

Observer

Milwaukee, WI

New favorite Milwaukee Mexican restaurant

The garish exterior always called out to me as a place I knew I wanted to try and tonight was the night. The interior reminded me of what I’d imagine a George Webb would look like if it were plopped down in Guadalajara. Specializing in seafood, I was sure they’d have a Caldo de Camaron or Shrimp Soup which was what I was hungry for. The reddish broth was filled with plump perfectly cooked shrimp along with some diced carrots and other seasonings. A separate plate held minced cilantro and onion along with some fresh lime wedges. Mixed together it proved to be my new favorite shrimp soup. Intrigued by something called puffy tacos, we ordered one as an appetizer. We choose chicken which was excellent. The deep fried home made flour tortilla held lettuce and tomato along with an abundance of creamy cheese. I’d never had anything quite like this and it was a dish that even the fussiest diner should enjoy. My wife ordered a Molcajeteada which consisted of juicy, tender grilled skirt steak, grilled green onions, an assortment of different varieties of grilled peppers, some hot, some not, all served in a molcajete or a bowl made from volcanic rock. It proved sublime. As in tourist areas of Mexico, you could get a pail of Coronitas (little 7 oz. Corona beers) at a very good price. We passed but did end up getting several large tasty margaritas which we requested “en los rocas” or “on the rocks”. You may need sunglasses for the bright exterior and interior but this family run place has a friendly welcoming staff that makes you feel right at home if your home has a Mexican grandmother that really knows how to cook. Highly recommended. They serve breakfast, luch and dinner. It would be hard not to order the same items on our next visit but I see they also have fresh oysters on the half shell and Cuban sandwiches along with several types of flan and tres leche cake and this is a menu I plan on exploring farther.

Caldo de Camaron/Shrimp Soup

Lots and lots of tender good sized shrimp in a delicate broth made this a destination dish.

Mexican South side Seafood

Tucanazo El  Restaurant Reviews

Tucanazo El is located near the cities of Milwaukee County.
People found this by searching for: Tucanazo, El Tucanazo, El Tucanazo Restaurant Menu, El Tucanazo Milwaukee Menu, El Tucanazo Milwaukee, El Tucanazo Restaurant Milwaukee, El Tucanazo Menu, Puffy Tacos Milwaukee, and Eltucanazo En Miwaukee Menu.