221 Main St Ste A
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Tuna Town

Neighborhoods: Downtown Huntington Beach
Cuisine: Japanese, Seafood, Steak

Tuna Town is a Japanese, Seafood, and Steak restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid less than $10, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

BananaWoo photo

BananaWoo

Minneapolis, MN

Know a Good Ham When I See it!

I won’t profess to be California food savvy. In fact, I know for a fact that I am not. However, I was lucky enough to visit my friend for a weekend and so I just pretended. Plus, although he is a native Minnesotan he is also a chef/restaurant manager in Laguna Beach now, so he knows what he’s doing.

After the jetlag wore off my boyfriend and I were ready for some adventures. Our first official food stop in HB was Tuna Town on the downtown strip. We didn’t have a destination in mind, so we just picked a spot where it looked like we could eat outside. Tuna Town is a sushi bar and teppan yaki grill restaurant, but we did not partake in either. We just did their lunch/breakfast menu along with some dollar mimosas. Just what we needed.

Our lunch was light, but excellent. I have to say hands down, best ham sandwich ever! Plus all the vegetables are fresh and the mimosas large…At that point I almost thought about moving. My boyfriend and I shared the ham and cheese sandwich. Served on a French roll with lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon, cheddar cheese, grilled ham and this super awesome spicy mayo. Served with skinny fries and a side of pickles. The bread was super soft and fresh and all the veggies were crispy and refreshing. There’s never anything wrong with ham, cheese or bacon, so I think it was the mayo that made this sandwich. I’m not exactly sure what was in it, but it had a kick and a really awesome flavor. Believe me, I will be trying to recreate this. To top it off this sandwich was affordable (large portion) and well worth the 8 bucks. My friend has a basic BLT, but it looked amazing. He added the optional avocado for a fee of fifty cents. It was fresh with lots of veggies on whole grain bread and served with fries. For 6 bucks this was definitely a steal. That plus 6 mimosas for 6 bucks brought our total to about $21.

Can’t say anything about the sushi or restaurant, but their ham and cheese was the best sandwich I’ve had in a long time. I would tend to agree with others about the general ambiance of the place (very ‘clubby’), but then again maybe that’s how California people roll. If someone asked me is Tuna Town a good place for lunch I’d say yes.

nycfoodeater photo

nycfoodeater

Huntington Beach, CA

Too club like atmosphere than restaurant

Tuna Town is more like a place to hang out and grab some cocktails with friends than a place to eat really experience great sushi. The emphasis was definitely put into the clubby atmosphere and cocktail list than the food. The rolls were good. But it was hard to eat when the music was so loud and the lights so dim.

Japanese Seafood Takeout
Sun-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri-Sat 05:00PM - 12:00AM

Tuna Town  Restaurant Reviews

Tuna Town is located near the cities of Huntington, Huntingtn Bch, and North Coast.
People found this by searching for: Tuna Town Huntington Beach, Crabby's Boat House, Menu Tuna Town, Tuna Town Menu, Tuna Town Restaurant, Bad Hair Day Sushi Tuna Town, and Tuna Town Huntington Beach Bad Hair Day Roll.