116 N 5th St

Cuisine: American, Lunch, Salads

AndyB166ER photo

AndyB166ER

Brooklyn, NY

The Good, The Bad, And The...

All they need is those double swinging doors out of a John Wayne movie, and you would truely be in the wild west..In North Brooklyn.(And yes I know the title of this review was a Clint Eastwood flick, but I’m sure John Wayne has seen it) If fact, I would call this a saloon. Taverns were in Inn’s where you could stay the night.
I wouldn’t know about this place if it weren’t for that one day someone was passing out menus at the Bedford Ave L stop. I’m a sucker for menus.
My wife and I walked in there two weeks ago, and were instantly seated at a bar table. Instantly seated because we go eat durring old people hours. They know when the best service and the freshest food is ;) But bar tables? Not a big fan. I don’t see the point of maximum elevation while dining. And something always wabbles.
Now the food here is a wide veriety of bar snacks to fine dining. We were eating healthy this night so no fried pickles or spare ribs for us. We split the spinnich & artichoke dip which came with hot fresh nachos. I had the salmon(Topped with whole grain dijon mustard
& Panko crumbs, pan seared,
drizzled with roasted red pepper buerre blanc), and she had the brie and candied walnut salad(Organic field greens, grilled chicken, Granny
Smith apples & dried cranberries.
Tossed with a citrus dressing.).
The salmon was huge. Not a petite little piece of salmon you’ve seen many times before, this was filling, and perfectly cooked. I like raw salmon, but restauraunts for some reasone feel the need to throw it in the skillet. This was a plump peice, fully cooked a quarter inch deep, and a beautiful slightly warm raw in the middle. Love it!
I also had a Dark and Stormy, which they made it very strong. Couldn’t finish it.
Can’t wait to get back here and try some of the more adventurous bar items. And also the daily specials like buttermilk fried chicken mondays, or slow cooked beef brisket thursdays.

January 1, 2014

The delivery came right on time and the food was delicious.

American Lunch Reservations
Nicky's Pizza

Pizza in Bensonhurst

La Cuarta

Chicken in Greenwood

Two Door Tavern  Restaurant Reviews

Two Door Tavern is located near the cities of Flatlands, Bedford Stuyvesant, Bedford Stuyvesant, Clifton, and Park Slope.
People found this by searching for: Two Door Tavern Open Table, Two Door Tavern, Is Two Door Tavern Cash Only, Two Door Brooklyn, and Two Door Tavern Brooklyn Ny.