8936 161st Ave Ne
Redmond, WA 98052

Typhoon!

Neighborhoods: Downtown Redmond
Cuisine: Thai, Traditional British, Asian

Typhoon! is a Thai, Traditional British, and Asian restaurant where most Menuism users came for a romantic date, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Arlahna photo

Arlahna

Everett, WA

Best curry ever

I really like this place. I was impressed the first time I went there by both the food and the decor. Very modern styling. I absolutely love the carafe of water they bring you right off the bat. The lunch menu isn’t the biggest. Well, unless you’re looking for tea. Their tea menu is twice the size of their lunch menu! My first time there I had the best pineapple curry in my life. Totally scrumptious and perfectly spiced.
If you’re looking for cheap thai food, go elsewhere. But if you want quality, this is ideal.

Pineapple Curry

Best curry I’ve ever had in my life! Truly scrumptious.

Stir-Fry Ginger Chicken or Beef

Very yummy and fresh. I loved the strings of ginger. They were strong and fragrant and wonderful. The only thing I might complain about was I would have liked a little more sauce to pour on my rice.

Raspberry Mango Cheesecake

Very delicious cheesecake!! The mango flavor has a strong presence and the raspberry really shines when you dip your spoon into the raspberry sauce they put on the plate. My only complaint was that they put a 1/2 inch layer of dense cake or something like that on the bottom that wasn’t very good, but made better by the raspberry sauce.

karen photo

karen

Kirkland, WA

Eastside curry royalty

Typhoon knows their curries — I’ve tried some of their other dishes and gave them kind of “meh” ratings but their curries are heads and shoulders above any other Thai places I’ve been to. The boyfriend’s personal favourite in terms of curry is Cafe Ori’s but I think the Typhoon spinach curry has quickly overtaken that.

If anything, the only con for Typhoon is that they’re a little veggie-heavy… you’ll really have to dig to find your meat (“where’s my meat??” heheh). Another shortcoming is that they don’t deal with large groups for dinner very well. Unless you like sitting in high stools, you’re out of luck.

I like their well stocked bar and varied beverage choices — a separate menu for tea! Their ambiance and decor is classy but not schmaltzy or cliched. And the open kitchen gives you lots of conversation starters. Service is prompt and friendly but the tables are weirdly spaced. Patio seating on a nice day is a plus, if you don’t mind looking out over the parking lot.

King's Curry**

I love the King’s Curry, even though it’s heavy in the bean arena and a little skimpy on the meat. I usually order the chicken version of this – portions are generous and enough for me to take home for a second meal.

Spinach Curry

The boyfriend’s new all-time favourite curry. This is a chef’s specialty so I don’t know if it’s a menu mainstay but who knew spinach and curry went so well together?

White Cloud Tea

I kind of regretted getting this. It was too delicate and had a weird aftertaste that coated the inside of my mouth. I’ll stick to regular jasmine, green tea or genmaicha next time.

Phad See Ewe

Pretty standard stuff, if a little bit dry and sweet.

Cashew Chicken*

Kind of bland, but a safe choice for date fare (not bad breath inducing)

nasser77 photo

nasser77

Savannah, GA

One of the many excellent Thai restaurants in the Seattle...

One of the many excellent Thai restaurants in the Seattle area, this one though also has nice Decor. I had the Tom kah gai soup, and panang curry with chicken, both were outstanding.

EddieF photo

EddieF

Redmond, WA

ok thai place, very americanized

ok thai place, very americanized

Thai Traditional British Takeout

Typhoon!  Restaurant Reviews

Typhoon! is located near the cities of Seattle Metro Area, Overlake, Sammamish, and Totem Lake.
People found this by searching for: Menu Of Restaurant Typhoon In Redmond, Typhoon Restaurant Redmond, Cake Near 161st, Typhoon Redmond Menu, Typhoon Menu Redmond, Redmond Thyphone, Typhoon Thai Restaurant Redmond, and Typhoon! Tai Redmond.