521 S Highland St
Memphis, TN 38111

Ubees Restaurant & Bar

Neighborhoods: University Area Neighborhood Association
Cuisine: Pub Food, Subs, American

Ubees Restaurant & Bar is a Pub Food, Subs, and American restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 2/13/2018

A diner from Memphis, TN tried it.

• 12/14/2017

A Pub Food food lover from Gap, PA tried it.

• 4/11/2017

A Pub Food food lover from Ridgeland, MS tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/13/2015

A Pub Food food lover from Nashville, TN tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Accipiter photo

Accipiter

Chuckey, TN

An unremarkable college-themed restaurant

Imagine a run-of-the-mill restaurant about a block away from a large college, done up in the local college’s school colors, with a big screen TV for watching sporting events, but not serving alcoholic beverages.

That’s Ubee’s in a nutshell.

I had a coupon from restaurant.com for Ubee’s, so I sprung for lunch for myself and a couple other coworkers. None of us were particularly impressed with the food—it wasn’t bad but it wasn’t good. Ubee’s does get points for the clever/fun names of the menu items, though. You can tell they had fun developing the menu.

Unfortunately, school spirit as a marketing gimmick and witty names on the menu don’t compensate for what was merely average, forgettable food.

Given the choice of spending $6-8 at Ubee’s or spending $4-6 at the grocery store and grilling something myself, I’d grill something myself. And if I was concerned about time instead of money, I’d go grab better food from somewhere else nearby, like R. P. Tracks (see my review for them).

Hot wings

Ubee’s has two kinds of wings: hot wings and mild wings. I like my wings with some fire so went for Ubee’s hot wings. What a disappointment. There was almost no heat at all. Whenever I eat hot wings, I have to compare them to Don Don’s hot wings. (See my other review for Don Don’s hot wings.) Comparing Ubee’s hot wings to Don Don’s hot wings is like comparing a firecracker to an atom bomb. That said, I have had worse hot wings. (See my review for Yum’s.)

If you’re in the mood for hot wings, Don Don’s is still THE place to go in Memphis. They have more kick and you get more for your money.

Chocolate therapy

Ubee’s menu describes this item as being “chocolate cobbler.” I’d hoped for an ooey-gooey brownie-type dessert mixed in with molten chocolate fudge. You know, like you’d expect from a dessert described as a “chocolate cobbler.” After all, that’s the kind of mind-blowing chocolate you’d expect from a dessert called “chocolate therapy” and priced at $5.

Instead, chocolate therapy turned out to be an almost cake-like brownie that was far too sweet and far too skimpy on chocolate. There was no molten chocolate fudge. There was not even a drizzle of Hershey’s syrup over the top. It was just a cake-like brownie—and not a very chocolatey one at that. Portion-wise, it looked more like a $2 serving than a $5 one. I would certainly never pay $5 for it again. (Honestly, I wouldn’t even pay $1 for it again.)

In short, “chocolate therapy” couldn’t live up to its clever name, which promised far more than it delivered. If I need chocolate therapy (and who doesn’t from time to time?), I’ll pop over to Muddy’s Bakery (see my review for them) or El Chico’s Mexican restaurant for their skillet brownie—now THAT is some serious chocolate therapy.

Dirty hippie

The “Dirty hippie” is a clever name for a vegetarian portabella mushroom sandwich with roasted red pepper, feta, artichoke on ciabatta bread. Unfortunately the name is the most clever thing about the sandwich.

A coworker had this item and I asked her opinion of it. She said it had too much portabella, which overwhelmed the other ingredients. Overall, she ranked it as “okay” but said she wouldn’t order it again—especially considering that it was $7 and that there are other good sandwich shops (Super Sub Shop, Jason’s Deli, Raffe’s) in the area.

In fact, she said she wouldn’t bother ever going back to Ubee’s. It wasn’t bad, but it just wasn’t worth it.

College restaurant Good For Kids Wifi

Ubees Restaurant & Bar  Restaurant Reviews

People found this by searching for: Ubees Memphis Menu, Ubees Menu Memphis, Ubees Memphis Tn, Ubee's Menu Highland Memphis, Ubees Memphis, Ubees Restaurant Review, and Ubees Hotwings Memphis.