Umami Burger

Neighborhoods: North of Montana
Cuisine: Meat, Lunch, American (New)

Umami Burger is a Meat, Lunch, and American (New) restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

mamamia photo

mamamia

Lakewood, CA

Umami is ooo-yummy! Quality meets burger and then goes WILD!

You must know that the sign is invisible-so act like you are going to Fred Segal. It is attached to the Fred Segal location on Broadway. Park in the free lot. You will immediately greeted by wonderful smells in the parking lot wafting “come in and try”(that is as long as it’s open!)
You will see a window with a red bun (burger bun) it does not say Umami (says Fred Segal)but it is pretty clear it is a place for eating. Remember you will smell it!
Eating you will do.
Let me say this if you are not a burger person-don’t bother-Beat It! I just love reviewswhen it starts with “well I am not a burger person but” If burgers are not your thing well- there are salads and a pickle plate so you decide.

What I consider to be the best burger is salt and pepper and meat and then yes the add-ons are needed but what can you eat almost everyday (if you had to). It’s like steak to me-is it good without all of the fluff. Is the product good enough on it’s own without being enrobed in another flavor.
I gave it the rating I did because it is extreme quality. The ambiance is that of a small place clean, good people watching but it’s not really about the place. OUTSTANDING experience do I want to go back tomorrow well no but I do want to go back. It is pricey for what it is-not your every day burger for you burger fanatics who need the daily fix!

YUM! - Umami Burger at Umami Burger

Umami Burger

I can’t decide for or five maybe it will be clear after writing my thoughts. The Unami burger has extreme layers of flavor. Almost an indescribable taste journey-but I will attempt to ’splain it to you Lucy.
Sweet. Salty, bitter and sour-you bite into it and the flayers are layered-it is sweet tasting but the saltiness also gets your attention. I love the parmesan taste.
Their burgers come Medium Rare but you can have them cooked anyway you like it. We ordered this one Medium.
Al I know is you will want another bite and another and then I ordered another burger REVIEW 2.
I have driven two hours for a burger and this one is so delish-but it does not hit the notes I am looking for in a burger because it pulls out all the stops-not an everyday burger but it is a taste sensation and I really think you need to try it!
I decided it does need outstanding because the flavors are so really good and the quality is extremely good. But when I want a burger this is not what I would think of first.

Malt Tempura Onion Rings at Umami Burger

Malt Tempura Onion Rings

I thought these were too greasy-tasted like fluff-I do not recommend. The onions were not special and I didn’t like the tempura-they left a greasy aftertaste, We both agreed and only ate one. Floamy tasting somehow.

OH Yeah! - Truffle Burger at Umami Burger

Truffle Burger

Puts the O in OH YEAH!
This was a delish burger that just oozed goodness. I loved this burger. This fits more in the burger category as a regular burger. I could make this burger. Did I say their beef is all natural and it doesn’t hit you heavy like most burgers? Well since this is my second burger believe me the burgers are small-you need our own!
The Italian Truffle cheese on this burger is amazing. This one I ordered medium rare and it was tasty. The smell as I was trying to photograph this tasty morsel was making my mouth water. A MUST TRY if you love truffle cheese! you won’t be the same!
My mouth just wanted more-and there are not that many bites so it leaves you ready for dessert!

Sweet Potato Fries

Yes they were good, but nothing made me want more and more they were not better than any other I have had.

Ding Dong

OK-my husband moaned while eating it. They are made off-site at Cake Monkey. This is fancy meets Ding Dong. The one we tried was peanut butter cake with marshmallow filling. Yes, it was worth the four bucks!

Next time I want to try the red velvet with raspberry!

Chocolate! - Ice Cream Sandwiches at Umami Burger

Ice Cream Sandwiches

It’s all about quality. Me I would rather have a big cookie and more ice cream but we are talking quality so it gets 5 stars because it was really really good. Chocolate gooey cookie with rocky road ice cream-the good stuff! These are made off-site at MILK. So very good! Did I say chocolate covered?

Meat Delivery Lunch

Umami Burger  Restaurant Reviews

Umami Burger is located near the cities of Sawtelle, Venezia, Venice, Pacific Palisades, and De Witt.
People found this by searching for: Unami At Fred Segal, Umami Burger Delivery, Umami Burger, Umami Burger Santa Monica, Unami Burger Santa Monica, Hamburger Place Near Fred Segal In Santa Monica, and Umami Hamburger Place.