245 South Moorland Road
Brookfield, WI 53005

Uncle Julio's

Cuisine: Vegetarian

Uncle Julio's is a Vegetarian restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped more than 18%.

Cookeleo photo

Cookeleo

Menomonee Falls, WI

Uncle Julio's with a group of 10

UJ’s has only been open for one month, and it was extremely busy on a Thursday night. We had made a reservation for 10, and our table was ready 5-10 minutes after our reservation time.

Our waiter brought three large baskets of chips and salsa. He refilled the chips and salsa several times, hence we really liked them and devoured basket after basket. The chips were light, not greasy and not too salty. The salsa was yummy with a very slight kick.

I had the chicken enchiladas with hatch sauce which came with rice and beans. It was fine but not exceptional. I mixed my rice and beans together and poured some of the salsa over to give it more flavor. My order was for two enchiladas (you can order three). After the chip binge, I took half of my dinner home. With a group of ten, I got to see some others’ food. When I go back I would order the salmon fajitas, which came on a bed of wonderful mixed vegetables. The woman who ordered it said it was too good to eat on the bland tortillas, and she eat it off the plate and loved it. I would also order the table-side guacamole. They said it was wonderful.

My dinner of two enchiladas and a glass of water was $12.95. When we were paying, the waiter asked me if I’d like the leftover chips put in a bag to take home. He didn’t have to twist my arm. He also gave me a generous container of salsa, too, complimentary.

I would definitely go back when the initial rush dies down, and maybe go at an off time.

Chicken enchiladas with hatch sauce and rice and beans.

Average

Vegetarian

Uncle Julio's  Restaurant Reviews

Uncle Julio's is located near the cities of Elm Grove.