621 Union St
Seattle, WA 98101

Union Square Grill

Neighborhoods: Central Business District
Cuisine: American, Seafood, Grill

Union Square Grill is a American, Seafood, and Grill restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped more than 18%.

• 2/23/2021

A diner from Tacoma, WA tried it.

• 11/05/2019

An American food lover from Ephrata, WA tried it.

karen photo

karen

Kirkland, WA

Excellent service, excellent food.

I went here with a large group to celebrate a friend’s birthday — unfortunately, we weren’t informed beforehand by the reservations office or the concierge desk that their layout isn’t large-group friendly so we had to squish 10 people into a 6 person booth + a 2 person table. The manager and one of the servers (John) came by to apologize profusely and to “take care of us” after the seating inconvenience. We started off our dinner with complimentary appetizers and drinks and drink refills came coming afterwards, all from the manager.

The excellent service and food continued throughout the evening with John (and probably the manager) reserving some of the dishes running in short supply for our table. The portions were generous and extremely tasty, and we stayed till 11. I highly recommend the seafood dishes — the ahi tuna that I ordered was particularly good. To end the evening, John served up my friend’s birthday cake with a lot of aplomb (and singing!). I would definitely go back – in a smaller group, or a more intimate situation.

Major props to Union Square Grill’s manager and waitstaff for making the most of an inconvenient situation!

Blueberry lemon drop

A nice twist to the classic lemon drop, this is served in a tall glass (and not in the classic martini glass) and has a great balance of blueberry and lemon. The blueberries are hard to pick up once you’ve finished your drink.

Antipasto plate

Tapas-inspired variety of starter cured meats, cheeses and olives. I loved the flatbreads these were served with.

Crisp calamari fries

Light, batter-fried calamari strips and creamy salsa. The strips (as opposed to the traditional rings) made these much easier to chew :)

Togarashi seared ahi tuna

I was lucky to have one of the last 4 servings of tuna for the evening. The wasabi potato cake was light and not overpowering and the sides/sauces (broccolini, sesame, sherry-ginger vinaigrette, spicy peanut miso sauce) were a great Asian-fusion complement to the tuna.

jetleigh photo

jetleigh

Seattle, WA

great after work happy hour

I really enjoyed this classy bar and grill joint right in the middle of downtown. A very good place to grab drinks and cheap food after work. I was there for their happy hour with co-workers. The cocktails were especially good, along with the Kobe beef sliders and sweet potato fries. Business casual type atire, though you could come in wearing jeans.

sweet potato fries

Happy Hour price. Best fries ever!

Kobe beef sliders

3 mini-burgers. Happy Hour price.

White Cosmo

Happy Hour price.

Happy hour American Seafood
Sun-Thu 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Sun-Thu 05:00PM - 10:00PM
Fri 11:00AM - 03:00PM
Fri 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sat 05:00PM - 11:00PM
Sun 12:00AM - 12:00AM (Theater season)

Union Square Grill  Restaurant Reviews

Union Square Grill is located near the cities of Vancouver, Capitol Hill, Madrona, Madison Park, and Broken Arrow.
People found this by searching for: Union Grill Seattle, Union Street Grill Seattle, Union Square Grill Seattle, Union Square Grill In Seattle, Union Square Grill, Seattle, Union Street Grill Seattle Wa, and Union Square Grill.