62 Center Square
Easton, PA 18402

Valenca

Cuisine: European, Catering, Lunch

Valenca is a European, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid more than $50, and tipped more than 18%.

Overall
Pros
"Great bar. Variety of good food. Friendly staff"
Cons
"Soups are too brothy...not much in them."
  • 9/17/2014

An European chowhound from Ashburn, VA tried it.

• 7/19/2014

A dining patron from Dallas, TX tried it and liked it.

• 7/21/2014

A dining patron from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 7/11/2014

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 6/23/2014

A dining patron from San Jose, CA tried it.

• 2/23/2014

An European food lover from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 2/10/2014

Pros
    Great bar. Variety of good food. Friendly staff
    Cons
    Soups are too brothy...not much in them.
  • 2/06/2014

A diner from Newark, NJ tried it.

• 1/27/2014

A diner from Ashburn, VA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

• 11/11/2013

An European food lover from Easton, PA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Erin52 photo

Erin52

Allentown, PA

Extraordinary!!! Highly recommended!

We had an excellent experience at Valenca! The food was extraordinary! We called ahead, because we had heard about their wonderful paella, which is not available on their lunch menu, and we wanted to order it even though we were going to be there for a late lunch. The restaurant was very accommodating and made the necessary preparations for us. It was, without a doubt, the most delicious paella that I have ever eaten!! I cannot recommend this restaurant enough! We also ordered a pitcher of sangria, which was fantastic! (The pitchers are large – The equivalent of 8 large glasses.) The service was also excellent – our server was wonderful, and the entire staff made us feel welcome and very well-attended. We will certainly be back! (BTW – I know I sound like a paid advertisement or something, but I just felt that, after reading the other reviews on here and almost not coming because of them, I had to come back here and set the record straight . . . The reviews on OpenTable are much more in line with the true excellent quality of this restaurant.)

Paella at Valenca

Paella

Excellent! HUGE serving (it comes in a pot) and TONS of seafood and a full 1/2 lobster. For what you get, it is definitely worth the price!

Beef Pastry (lunch)

This was great – very tender and delicious beef wrapped inside a puff pastry. Wonderful!

Pasta with artichokes and pine nuts (LUNCH)

This was a great pasta dish, and it was extremely inexpensive for what you get! If you are looking for a fantastic meal but are within a budget, this one would be a good choice. My husband got this, and he loved it!

BHC photo

BHC

Phillipsburg, NJ

GARBAGE FOOD

Took my wife and kids here for the first time for New Years Eve dinner (12/31/10). All the dishes we had was flavorless, very bland. My wife’s main course was veal chops, they came out cold, pre-made food, the manager admitted it, and she said the kitchen would make a fresh order, within two minutes my wife’s order came to the table, once more the meat was cold, the plate was hot, they didn’t make it fresh, and you could see where my wife cut a small piece when they first brought out her dish, the manager was rude, they ended up not charging us for that dish and wanted to give us a gift card for the price of my wife’s dish, I told them “NO THANK YOU” . If you want great Portuguese food then drive roughly one hour east and try SOLAR do MINHO,( http://www.solardominho.com/) either location is great, cause they take pride in the food they serve, only reason we went local was the fact we had the kids and didn’t want to travel with the drunks on the road

Sduffy52 photo

Sduffy52

Neffs, PA

Food great, service amateur hour, alas

I’ve eaten at Valenca on three occasions – two lunches and a dinner.

Lunches were great, service fine – but the place was empty. Dinner was great, too, but it took forever, possibly due to the mob that wanted to get to the Glenn Beck appearance at the State Theater.
There were four of us – two had the filet while the other two had tuna steak – all four served on extremely hot “pedras.” Almost cooks itself in front of you. Really good. Add double raciones of Spanish potatoes, arroz azafranado, green beans and carrots…all absolutely and undeniably excellent. If only someone had thought to send over some bread. And butter. The girl who waited on us – she’s a college kid, so one makes allowances – always seemed a couple innings behind, but she did her best (and it was very busy). What really astounded – and it may seem a little thing, I know -but they lost my overcoat for a while. After five minutes of back and forth with a totally clueless employee (hostess?), I got a little impatient and “went behind the screen” to search for my coat. I quickly discovered that there was no system in place to keep track of the coats. In fact, there was no closet to speak of. Apparently no one thought of it when they built the place. Eventually my coat (and car keys!) were found rolled up in a ball on the floor.
I gave the Valenca three stars – here’s how I arrived at that score:

Food – 4 Stars – menu is unique, authentic and imaginative – everything I’ve eaten at Valenca has been excellent

Service – 3 Stars – Presentation is great/ servers are more undertrained than unwilling – that’s management’s fault

Front of House 1 Star – Clueless, no one in charge. Management, again.

If they can get their act together, this could be a really outstanding story. Even with the reservations cited, I still rank Valenca in the top three or four restaurants in the Lehigh Valley.

If Valenca figures out how to properly serve their customers, great things will follow. If not, those busy nights will be fewer and fewer.

Solomillo a la pedra?

Pedra – stone – heated to 700 degrees, steak placed on stone so it’s slightly seared on one side by the time it arrives. You cook the rest, is the idea. I seared on both sides and then sliced so as to cook on the stone. Outstanding. Came with Spanish fried potatoes – think thick potato chips – outstanding. Green beans, carrots, saffron rice – excellent. Table could have been bigger.

athrax photo

athrax

Easton, PA

Good food canceled out by horrible service! Such a shame...

I went here once for dinner with my significant other. We did not have reservations and were seated at a smallish table for two in the bar area. The food we ordered was very good, but the service was absolutely horrible. We waited an unacceptable time for drinks, dinner, and for our check- which I had to get up and ask the hostess for. When the waiter finally came with the check, he actually ADMITTED that he forgot about us- wrong thing to say to customers, if you ask me!

Dinner for two, including one appetizer and a few non-alcoholic drinks, was around $50. We didn’t get to try dessert – by far my favourite part of any meal – because we were so disgusted with the wait and didn’t want to be there any longer. I would like to go here again because the food was good, but I am weary because the service was so bad.

louslvr52 photo

louslvr52

San Jose, CA

OK food, terrible business practices

We went for a family dinner on May 23, 2009 to celebrate a college graduation. The food was mostly fair to good. My Ceaser salad was the worst I ever had, very dry with almost no dressing. and my daughter’s entree came out 10 minutes after every one else’s and was inedible. The biggest problem was that we had left a credit card number for a deposit a week prior. When the bill arrived, I asked and was told that the deposit had not been charged. This was a lie, as it turned up on my credit card bill. After many phone calls and some delay, I was sent an e-mail by Valenca telling me they had reversed the charged on my credit card. This too was a lie, and three weeks later it hasn’t happened. I have also been promised a check, to no avail. Avoid the Ceaser salad and keep your hand on your wallet. You shouldn’t do business with them.

European Takeout Parking

Valenca  Restaurant Reviews

Valenca is located near the cities of Easton, West Easton, Wilson, Palmer, and Phillipsburg.
People found this by searching for: Valencia Easton Pa, Valenca Easton Pa, Valenca Easton Pa Restaurant, Valencia Restaurant Easton Pa, Valenca Easton, Valencia Easton, Valenca Easton Pa Menu, Valenca, and Easton Valencia.