425 Rue McGill
Montreal Metro Area, QC H2Y 2H1

Vallier

(Between Rue le Moyne and Rue St-Maurice)

Neighborhoods: Ville-Marie
Cuisine: Contemporary French, Casual dining, Eclectic

Vallier is a Contemporary French, Casual dining, and Eclectic restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends and paid between $10 and $25.

rwarren69 photo

rwarren69

Montréal, QC

The wrong shepherd's pie... still tasted good

I was here for supper. The menu is a mix of bistro-style dishes and Quebecois comfort food like shepherd’s pie, mac & cheese, and bread pudding. Finding something in my budget was challenging. There are two shepherd’s pies on the menu: one with duck and one with lamb. When I ordered, the waitress didn’t clarify which one I wanted, and brought me the duck version instead of the lamb. Initially I was disappointed in the mix-up, but I liked what I ended up with so I didn’t complain. Although there was an initial wait for the table to be ready, I was in and out in an hour and a half, which really impressed me.

fried calamari

The rings and heads were breaded and deep-fried, with a light crispy batter. They came with two dips: mayonnaise, and a spicy oil which I didn’t taste. I found the mayonnaise cloying and preferred the calamari au naturel.

shepherd's pie with duck confit

The shepherd’s pie was served in a miniature frypan. There was a thick layer of mashed potato on top of shredded duck meat, with a few bits of carrot and corn for color. It was a filling dish. Accompanying the pan was a mini Mason jar of homemade fruit ketchup, more like a sweet salsa. I loved the condiment and ate almost all of it. The whole presentation was quite charming.

Moochie photo

Moochie

Montréal, QC

Trendy bistro with good service

If you’re looking for a nice atmosphere for a tete-a-tete or just want to be seen on a sunny day(on the terasse), both options are available.

The place had a nice vibe to it and the service was great. The offers range from your the burgers dish with a twist and some higher end meat and fish.

I ordered a Halibut B.L.T. burger that comes with a salad and a decent amount of fries. I was a bit skeptical about fish in a burger but it turned out to be a palatable and enticing experience. The halibut itself didn’t stand out, but its tender inside mixed with the crunchiness of the bacon and the undeniable presence of the grill factor on the inside of the bread bun is a winner. Plus the sauce had a tint of mustard which added a nice kick to the usually blend halibut. The fries are the thin type, nice and crunchy served with mustard mayo. The salad added a nice balance to the meal.

However, my friend ordered macaroni and cheese, which the waitress had said it is very good. I had a taste of it, and can’t say it was anything out of extraordinary. It felt like they forgot the cheese somewhere… the best part of the macaroni was the grilled tomato…

So all in all, i think it’s a bit of a hit and miss, all depends on whether it falls into their specialty! From the sight of it, their grill chef is the one i’d praise.

Halibut B.L.T. burger

Read description!

Contemporary French Reservations Casual dining

Vallier  Restaurant Reviews

Vallier is located near the cities of St Colomban and Saint Colomban.
People found this by searching for: Restaurant Vallier Menu, Vallier Montreal Menu, Vallier Montreal Chowhound, Vallier Montreal, Trendy Bistro Annapolis, Vallier Halibut, Restaurant Vallier Montreal Menu, and Vallier Montreal Restaurant Reviews.