528 W Manchester Blvd
Inglewood, CA 90301-1628

Veronica's Kitchen

Cuisine: African, Catering, Lunch

Veronica's Kitchen is a African, Catering, and Lunch restaurant where most Menuism users came for fun with friends, paid between $10 and $25, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

Pros
"I love the Greens and fu fu"
  • 5/15/2017

An African food lover from US tried it.

• 2/29/2016

A diner from Inglewood, CA tried it, liked it, and rated it . They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

Pros
    I love the Greens and fu fu
  • 8/26/2014

An African chowhound from San Jose, CA tried it.

Ching photo

Ching

Santa Monica, CA

Wildin' for some African Cuisine

Finally, a legitimate reason to blame my Dad for something!!! Its all his fault that I got on this African cuisine kick and boy am I glad I did. This hole-in-the-wall joint packs a serious punch with friendliness and lotsa down right good cookin’.

Once inside, I felt like I was in an out of the ways local joint while on vacation. Its clean and comfy, kinda feels like someone’s front living room converted into a dining area, lol.

We were greeted by Marie (see pic) who was incredibly patient with the big crowd I came in with. The menu isn’t descriptive at all unless you read/speak Nigerian causing all of us to pepper Marie with a gazillion questions. She was so sweet and patient with us, all the while flashing that great big warm smile of hers.

Here’s what we had:

• Jollof Rice (looks like spanish rice) that comes with the goat meat stew that I don’t know the name of.That was yummy!
  • Plaintains are called DoDo, and the traditional chicken dish which I also don’t know the name of.
  • The greens were one of my favorites!!! Its called Efo which is made out of collard greens or spinach with tomato paste and onions. YUM!! Has a nice kick to this.
  • The white mounds remind me of Chinese baos, but they are actually pounded yams called FuFu. These were strange when eaten on their own, but a very when combined with the greens or goat stew.
  • This is called Egusi, which is made out of seeds from the egusi vegetable. This one had a kick! a very strong taste and “personality” as I call it. If I just had white rice to eat with this, it would have been PERFECT! And a set of chopsticks. Wait, I’m having Nigerian food. Truly, this dish was AMAZING!!
  • Palm wine. It smelled and looked very “fermented” meaning it didn’t seem very processed. Kinda reminds me of what moonshine alcohol must have been like. I’ll pass on this one the next time, but very glad to have had tried it.

NOTE : We did have to ask for silverware and extra plates constantly. It could be a cultural difference. Service was a bit slower than we’re used to, but you could tell they were doing the best they could. I think we may have overwhelmed them with our 20+ group size. They really were soo nice, and seemed very grateful for the business. I think they were touched by our genuine eagerness to familiarize ourselves with their food as well.

Hole in the wall place for sure. Don’t go if you’re looking for ambiance, etc. Service was very warm and hospitable. :) Food was DELISH! Our bill for all the above including individual drinks came out to about $18 per person with tax and tip.

My cousin and another friend of mine checked it out a few weeks after I initially tried this place back in August, and I believe both their parties loved it too!

Egusi

African Catering Dinner

Veronica's Kitchen  Restaurant Reviews

Veronica's Kitchen is located near the cities of Lennox, Windsor Hills, View Park, Los Angls Air Force Base, and View Park Windsor Hills.
People found this by searching for: Veronica's Kitchen Restaurant, Veronica's Kitchen Inglewood Menu, Veronica's Kitchen Menu, Veronica Catering Inglewood, Veronica's Kitchen Inglewood, Veronica Kitchen, Veronica's Kitchen Menu Inglewood, and Veronica's Kitchen Inglewood Ca.