Vertical Wine Bistro

Cuisine: Tapas, International, Mediterranean

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

wine rip off

I’ve been to Vertical several times. Each time, my takeaway is: Why are their wines so F expensive. WTF. Average of $17-$22 range for a 5-oz pour. What the F Hell. Itty bitty 2 oz flight pours in the $20’s. Shit. I could buy whole bottles of very good wines for what they charge for a single glass.

Last time I was there it was on the free wine tasting night. Showcase for a vintner. Isn’t that what all free wine tastings are. We also got in in time for the happy hour for drinks, most at $5.50.

Their food is okay to good. The good is why they get the extra star. But there are still problems. I remember an orange beet salad that came with no orange beets in sight. I sent it back and it came back three seconds later with beets, and we were told they remade the dish, not just added the beets. Yeah right. Well, it was good. And some sort of chocolate dessert that clearly got messed up when they unmolded it, but they sent it out anyway. Whatevers, it tasted fine, and it’s better than throwing it away. Plus I didn’t pay for it that time. haha. The little grilled cheese w/ figs are not very good, calamari hit and miss, charcuterie not bad, and some other items were good but not memorable bc I can’t remember them.

January 30, 2014

Not impressed. The restaurant looks charming but it has the old smell. Acquainted with bugs by the window while dine in
June 11, 2011

A taste of many great wines

I've not been a wine drinker very long. I just started getting into it last year. I was always a beer person. Last year I started drinking more out of the artisinal beers and then was introduced to wine by going out to Temecula of all…
May 6, 2010

Besto Bistro

this place is all around gorgeous: from the stairs leading up to the bar and the inside which was contemporary but cozy. i love the flights and the waiter was really great about helping a large group of novices pick some wines. great…

Tapas International Mediterranean
Tips
  • Enjoy specialty drinks, $5 well cocktails and daily wine specials Tuesday through Sunday until 7pm.
  • Party in style and host your next event or birthday without having to worry about anythng. The Veritical Wine Bistro hosts private parties for your convenience.
  • In addition to a selection of over 400 wines from around the world, imported beers and a full-service bar are also offered.

Vertical Wine Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Vertical Wine Bistro is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Vertical Wine Bar Pasadena Ca, Is Vertical, The Wine Nar In Pasadena Ca Still Open, Vertical Wine Bistro Menu Happy Hour, Verticle Wine Restaurant Pasadena, Vertical Wine Bistro Open Table, Vertical Restaurant Pasadena Menu, Vertical Restaurant Pasadena, and Vertical Wine Bar Pasadena.