Vertical Wine Bistro

Cuisine: Tapas, Mediterranean, Eclectic

mh2mh photo

mh2mh

wine rip off

I’ve been to Vertical several times. Each time, my takeaway is: Why are their wines so F expensive. WTF. Average of $17-$22 range for a 5-oz pour. What the F Hell. Itty bitty 2 oz flight pours in the $20’s. Shit. I could buy whole bottles of very good wines for what they charge for a single glass.

Last time I was there it was on the free wine tasting night. Showcase for a vintner. Isn’t that what all free wine tastings are. We also got in in time for the happy hour for drinks, most at $5.50.

Their food is okay to good. The good is why they get the extra star. But there are still problems. I remember an orange beet salad that came with no orange beets in sight. I sent it back and it came back three seconds later with beets, and we were told they remade the dish, not just added the beets. Yeah right. Well, it was good. And some sort of chocolate dessert that clearly got messed up when they unmolded it, but they sent it out anyway. Whatevers, it tasted fine, and it’s better than throwing it away. Plus I didn’t pay for it that time. haha. The little grilled cheese w/ figs are not very good, calamari hit and miss, charcuterie not bad, and some other items were good but not memorable bc I can’t remember them.

June 11, 2011

A taste of many great wines

I've not been a wine drinker very long. I just started getting into it last year. I was always a beer person. Last year I started drinking more out of the artisinal beers and then was introduced to wine by going out to Temecula of all…
May 20, 2009

yum

This place is like wine heaven. The place is elegant and my husband and I stopped for tasting. before we left, we ended up buying a case of mixed variety.

Pop Champagne & Dessert Bar

Wine Bar in South

Noir Food & Wine

Californian in West Central

5/16/2018

A diner from US tried Yang Chow in East Pasadena, liked it, and rated it . They liked the service and liked the ambiance.

Pros
Food is always great!
Cons
Nothing
5/15/2018

A Deli food lover from Mission Viejo, CA tried Roma Italian Deli & Grocery in East Central.

5/10/2018

A Seafood food lover from Los Angeles, CA tried Cameron's Seafood & Market in South East. They liked the food, liked the service, and liked the ambiance.

5/08/2018

A diner from US tried Sizzler in South Pasadena.

4/29/2018

A Contemporary American chowhound from Irvine, CA tried The Raymond Restaurant in South Pasadena.

4/27/2018

An Asian food lover from Pasadena, CA tried Top Restaurant in South East.

4/17/2018

A Coffee food lover from Pasadena, CA tried Tiffany's Coffee in South Pasadena.

3/28/2018

An Asian food lover from Palmdale, CA tried Top Restaurant in South East.

3/27/2018

An American food lover from Denver, CO tried Steer 'n Ale in Northeast.

3/26/2018

A Mexican chowhound from Monrovia, CA tried Super Antojitos in West Central.

Tapas Mediterranean Eclectic
Tips
  • Enjoy specialty drinks, $5 well cocktails and daily wine specials Tuesday through Sunday until 7pm.
  • Party in style and host your next event or birthday without having to worry about anythng. The Veritical Wine Bistro hosts private parties for your convenience.
  • In addition to a selection of over 400 wines from around the world, imported beers and a full-service bar are also offered.

Vertical Wine Bistro  Restaurant Reviews

Vertical Wine Bistro is located near the cities of South Pasadena and San Marino.
People found this by searching for: Vertical Restaurant Pasadena Menu, Is Vertical, The Wine Nar In Pasadena Ca Still Open, Vertical Wine Bistro Menu Happy Hour, Vertical Wine Bar Pasadena, Vertical Wine Bar Pasadena Ca, Vertical Wine Bistro Open Table, Vertical Restaurant Pasadena, and Verticle Wine Restaurant Pasadena.