3720 N Josey Ln
Carrollton, TX 75007-2435

Victor's Restaurant and Bar

(Near the intersection of N Josey Ln and E Rosemeade Pkwy)

Cuisine: Pasta, Bar, American (New)

• 5/15/2016

Batai37 tried it.

• 3/30/2016

A Pasta chowhound from Dallas, TX tried it.

batai37 photo

batai37

Dallas, TX

Bad kitchen management, even worse food sanitation standards

I used to work in this kitchen. You should avoid this place, the standards for food sanitation and personal hygeine of the “chef” are below acceptable standards.

Let me ask a question: Would you want your food served to you after the “chef” has put his fingers in it and tasted it, and then handles other peoples’ plates and orders without changing his gloves or washing his hands?

If no then don’t eat there.

Would you eat in a restaurant where the “chef” allows his kitchen to be closed with food left out until the next day…possibly served to you?

If no then don’t eat there.

Would you eat in a restaurant where proper hair restraint isn’t practiced according to health department standards, and you might find a hair in your food?

Then don’t eat there.

Would you eat in a restaurant that doesn’t properly wash their plateware, glasses, silverware, etc? And leaves the dirty dishes overnight soaking in filthy water, immersed in all kinds of interesting bacteria most of which is very capable of putting you in the hospital?

Then don’t eat there.

Want me to go on?

This is the nastiest, dirtiest kitchen I have ever worked in and the current “chef” (more credit than is due I can assure you) is the nastiest, dirtiest “chef” I have ever worked with. He blames the former chefs for its condition, but he owns it now and doesn’t consider the cleanliness of HIS kitchen enough of a priority to do anything about it.

I never ONCE saw this guy wash his hands.

If you like the idea of contracting a food borne illness….well by all means eat here. I suggest Burger King across the street. And to respond to one recent review, your pork chops tasted like frozen crap because they were frozen. For how long who knows. This is a chef who precooks scrambled eggs for brunch when this is totally not necessary given the volume of business…it should all be cooked fresh to order but he’s too stupid to understand that, not to mention lazy.

As for the food quality, well it pretty much speaks for itself according to a lot of the reviews (and trust me the bad ones are accurate…the good ones are by people who don’t know good food…hey there’s no accounting for taste), and I was regularly frustrated by the lack of quality control in that kitchen.

Take a close look at some of the pics they’ve posted of the food on Facebook…I would never let a plate looking as sloppy as a lot of these do to leave my kitchen, let alone post a pic of it on Facebook. Real smart, jackass. A number of the reviews speak to this, and the sloppy way food is presented on the plates.

This moron should go back to the ghetto greezy spoon he was working at before Victor found his misspelled resume on Craigslist. Not only a lousy chef and manager, not even a good cook. The line cook who works there is more skilled than he is.

I’m not posting this as a disgruntled ex-employee…I quit, mainly because the “chef” is an idiot shoemaker (for those of you who don’t know the term it’s a word for a mediocre chef), and he has really poor personal standards for himself especially concerning the cleanliness of his kitchen. I just got tired of coming into work everyday finding the sinks full of dirty dishes and the kitchen in an absolutely filthy condition, food left out from the night before, etc, and having to clean up the mess left from the previous day.

This guy is a disgrace to the profession.

Still want to eat there?

It’s your stomach.

Most people don’t know what goes on behind the scenes in a kitchen..in this case – now you do. I suggest knowing the location of the closest ER if you have to eat their overpriced quotidian food served on contaminated plateware, that has quite possibly also been handled and eaten from by both the “chef” and the rest of the staff (yes I’ve seen this happen…frequently).

burger

Imade it myself I wouldn’t trust the “chef” to make it he doesn’t wash his hands.

Pasta Bar American (New)

Victor's Restaurant and Bar  Restaurant Reviews

Victor's Restaurant and Bar is located near the cities of Farmers Branch, Farmers Branch, and North Branch.