3142 N Market St
Shreveport, LA 71107

Vince's North Port Restaurant

Neighborhoods: Martin Luther King Dr. Area
Cuisine: American

Vince's North Port Restaurant is a American restaurant where most Menuism users came for a family meal, paid between $25 and $50, and tipped between 15% to 18%.

• 8/01/2013

A diner from Austin, TX tried it.

biohak photo

biohak

To Vince

I visit this restaurant quite often. Eatscritic you sound like a person that nothing makes you happy. I think you had a hard time finding the place (you probably screwed up the directions) and arrived in a bad mood, which set the tone for your unhappy dining experience.

For everyone else that gets tired of the 30-50 minute wait at all the chain restaurants on Youree Drive for dinner on any given night, I highly recommend Vince’s.

This is a typical local hangout type restaurant, where many of the costumers are known by name by Vince and the waitresses. If you are looking for a romantic or elegant atmosphere then stay away.

I really enjoy the fried green tomatoes and the fried pickles. I also like the chicken fried steak and the grilled chicken breast dish with the sauteed onions, mushrooms, melted cheese and bacon on top. My wife enjoys the shrimp and grilled catfish. I no longer eat the fried catfish because it is a 50/50 shot at being good, half the time it is great (white, sweet, and flakey), and sometimes the catfish is to moist, greyish with a strong fishy taste; so I no longer eat the fried catfish, but I love everything else. The cholocate cake is awesome.

The service is absolutely frantastic!!!

Shrimpman photo

Shrimpman

Shreveport, LA

This is a great restaurant

In response to Eatscritic review

First, as the owner of Vince’s North Port I regret we disppointed you, but I am glad both my server and management made the appropriate decisions to handle your complaint. We do have a great restaurant made up of a staff committed to great food, great service. From time to time every business is going to miss the mark and the difference in a good business and a bad business is how they handle these situations. My staff cares about our business and our customers. In the restaurant business, there are alot of critcal points of service. Along with your complaint, I also heard that you were greeted at the door and seated promptly. I heard that our server was friendly and promptly remedied the problem. I also hear that my manager did not charge you for something that you didn’t like. That is my guarantee!

Secondly, Ettouffee and spagehetti sauce are two difficult items to please 100% of the population. I believe it comes down to what your mother or grandmother made when you were growing up. Spaghetti sauce for example – some people like a sweet sauce, some like a chunky sauce, some like a meat sauce, some like a spicy sauce, etc. So our impressions of what we like or what is good is based on past experience. A restaurant could be world renown for their spaghetti sauce, but if it is a sweet sauce and you hate sweet spaghetti sauce – you probably won’t think it is very good. I believe the same goes for ettouffees. Etouffees can be roux based, cream based or tomato based. We make a cream based and it is very popular. If you are used to a roux based, it may not be your favorite.

Third, I am disappointed that you mention a chain restaurant as your recommendation for good seafood. I think someone with a palate like yours could have named several other restaurants known more for their food than their marketing skills.

Fourth, although we have approached our landlord several times about renovating the front of the restaurant – even as far as paying for professional designers and our willingness to pay for updating her building – we have been denied. We realize that we do not have the curb appeal we would like – but some of the best places I have found for regional food are the ones who have withstood the test of time but maybe aren’t as modern as the chains.

Fifth, I encourage our to visit our website www.eatatvinces.com to view other customer comments and the reveiws we have received from the media – including one newspaper over 100 miles away!

Vince’s is committed to serving great food in a warm, friendly atmosphere to some of the finest people – our neighbors! “Come get fresh with us”

Catfish and Shirmp Etoufee

Vince’s starts with a bed of rice tops it with your choice of fried or broiled catfish and covers it with shrimp or crawfish etouffee. It’s the sauce that makes this dish – combined with the mild catfish and sweet shrimp

rmj photo

rmj

Not Good!

I saw Vince’s just by passing and I decided to give it a try. I am a all-time seafood connoisseur; so I have tried many many seafood restaurants, but I have to put Vince’s at the bottom of my list. When we entered the restaurant we were greeted promptly and seated quickly. After waiting about 5-7 minutes on the waiter to come and take our drink order was the mistake. The crowd was small about 10 people in the restaurant so I was a little worried because it was a Saturday around 5pm. There was alot of staff just hanging around talking…not really doing much of anything. I ordered the fried alligator as the appetizer. This is my favorite seafood dish, but Vince’s managed to change that temporarily. The alligator wasnt fully cooked, it was extremely tough, and for a “just about” $10 app. it came with about 5 nugget sized tails. For the entree I ordered the catfish meal and the catfish was extremely fishy and gray in areas. You can go to Walmart and pick out better selections of catfish. During the whole meal there was a staff member standing in the doorway behind us watching a football game on television; co-workers would go up to him and talk to him occasionally…which was a distraction during our meal. I thought this was very inappropriate. I am a football fan too, but this is still your job. If you are going to watch tv try to be non-chalant. At the end of the meal our total came to be almost $50. For 2 people this was very pricey because there was not enough quantity or better quality. This was a “never will go there again” restaurant for me.

EatatJoes photo

EatatJoes

Natchitoches, LA

Catfish no good

My wife and I ate at Vince’s on a weeknight. The crowd was small and we were a little suspicious of that but we were hungry. We both ordered a catfish plate. I really think this was Chinese catfish. I have had that before and this tasted like Chinese catfish. I paid almost $35 for a two plates of catfish and it smelled and tasted bad. I will not eat there again. The service was great though.

AUNTSAM00 photo

AUNTSAM00

Shreveport, LA

BERT KOUNS- ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!

When you spend over $100 for 4, you expect the food to be pretty good. We had looked forward to eating at the new place. We invited guests and I had to appologise to them. The Vinces on North Market, I understand is great. Well the new, long anticipated, Bert kouns site is probably the WORST food I have had in many years. The crawfish lovers dish cost almost $19 and there was one dish that was tasty. The other 3 were horrible. The fried crawfish were cold, the etouffe tasted like it came out of a can and the seafood gumbo was not to be believed. It was so bad I called the restaurant to ask them to taste it in case it was really bad. It did not just not tast good, it tasted BAD. You know sometimes they don’t really want to know if you liked the food or not. That was the impression I came away with. I paid my extreamly high bill and chalked it up to a “never go to place” and I will tell anyone who will listen. DON’T WASTE YOUR MONEY AT THE NEW VINCE’S SEAFOOD. Spend those hard earned dollars any where else…Romano’s is cheaper and better.

crawfish lovers platter

Spicy, cold, canned and nasty. The seafood gumbo was really bad…thought it might even have been spoiled.

EatsCritic photo

EatsCritic

Arlington, TX

Watch the Etoufee

While on a short trip from Dallas/Fort Worth to Shreveport/Bossier City, my wife and I decided we wanted some Cajun food. In looking for a place we found the only one open listed in our hotel brochure was Vince’s North Port. Not being familiar with the area I called the restraunt and was given directions, which were not quite accurate, but eventually we found the place. At first I was leary, as the exterior was a renovated convienence store, and the area was not that nice. My fears were well founded when we entered and the decor assualted us with gaudy booths, walls painted with various ocean scenes and an odor that I could not put a finger on, but permeated the place. The waitress was nice enough and once we had looked over the menu I asked the waitress if the etoufee was any good. She responded that it was very good, even though she had not had any in a couple of weeks. My first instinct was to just drink the beer we had ordered and leave, however, we were both hungry and decided to order any way. I ordered a dish that was a combination of grilled catfish, covered with shrimp etoufee, and my wife ordered the shirmp etoufee. When our meals arrived, hers was cold to the touch while mine was steaming hot. (And they arrived at the same time.) I called the waitress over and told her that the meal was cold and she took it back. In the meantime, I tried the shrimp in the etoufee and it had no flavor, other than it tasted like chorline. The fish was also bland and limp. But the worst part was the etoufee itself, it looked like something you would find in a babies diaper, and smelled worse. In conclusion, I should have gone with my first instinct and paid for the beers and left. The good news is, we did not pay for the meal, just the two beers, and rightly so. So if you ever find yourself in Shreveport and wanting Cajun, don’t go to Vince’s North Port, you will regret it. (They do have a Joe’s Crab Shack at the Boardwalk.) As far as a rating, this place does not rate a 1/2 star, much less 1.

But I had to put something to submit this review.

Catfish and Shirmp Etoufee

No rating on this, see review above. (Not even a 1/2 star) But I had to put something to submit this review.

American

Vince's North Port Restaurant  Restaurant Reviews

Vince's North Port Restaurant is located near the cities of Bossier City.
People found this by searching for: Vince's North Port Restaurant, Vince's Northport Restaurant, Vince's North Port Restaurant Shreveport, Vince's Restaurant In Shreveport, Vince's North Port, Vince's Northport, and Vince's Seafood Restaurant Shreveport La.